Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Exploring Possibilities at the 4

Default Exploring Possibilities at the 4

What are some of the possibilities at the 4 and of the ones posted, which ones interest you more?(any situation; trade, fa, whatever)

Some I have heard:

Brandon Bass: The magic want a back up center, and Bass is said to be available if the price is right, maybe we could send them a 2 or 3, Foster and Mcbob or Solo.

Anthony Randolph: Like we discussed before, this guy had a decent season last nite, is really young, and has tons and tons of up side.

Carl Landry: I am hearing this is a move or lose guy for the Kings, and they could really use some help on the perimeter with a guy like TJ. This would be a good home coming for him, only downsides, kinda under sized at 6'9" and not as young as other prospects.

Jason Thompson: This is a guy I would love to have here. Big rebounder who can shoot too. They have him playing anywhere from the 3 to the 5 and are misusing his talents way to much out west.

Josh Smith: I dont know the details exactly, but I know he has at least been mentioned to be moved. A guy like this would be the exact injection at both ends of the court that we need, and would be a hell of a tandem with Granger at the offensive end. Can you imagine trying to choose between defending Smith down low or Granger at the 3?

others:

Glen Davis
    JJ Hickson
    Jordan Hill or Patterson
    Zbo
    Ersan
    Larry Sanders
    Ibaka (not likely)
    "Did we learn anything?"-Jonathan Ames

"No, but thats okay, It's a good thing to stay in the dark about things - it keeps life more interesting."- George Christopher

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Exploring Possibilities at the 4

Josh and Tyler are still young and improving. I like what we have so far at the position for the future.

Josh has improved a lot and is aggressive offensively and blocks shots and plays decent defense.

Tyler will get minutes and he has potential.

Pretty solid list you got and I agree with you on everything except Randolph. Don't really want him here, plus we don't really have a good enough big man coach to really put his upside to use. I really, really, really, want smith jus like the rest of the NBA and but I would settle for Thompson or love.

And wasn't like last week or maybe two that the fo said they isn't pursuing trades and thing there's a trade rumor for Clark. But since he went to Orlando so who are we targetting now. But I do see that they're not targetting big names so Thompson might be one they go get.

Honestly, I like what we have now. I REALLY believe that Tyler is the future for the Pacers, but it's hard to make that assessment when JOB keeps giving him garbage minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by BornReady#6 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

others:

Glen Davis
    JJ Hickson
    Jordan Hill or Patterson
    Zbo
    Ersan
    Larry Sanders
    Ibaka (not likely)

I'd add Speights to the list. He's a player that could play the 4 & 5.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Justin Tyme For This Useful Post:

Yeah, I'm a Pacers fan. MyFavMartin's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I don't see Orlando trading Bass who is on a rookie contract and Orlando's FC depth is completely gone. If anything, they'd want to trade a wing or Duhon for frontcourt help.

[QUOTE=MyFavMartin;1121824]

I don't see Orlando trading Bass who is on a rookie contract /QUOTE]

WHAT!!!!!!

Orlando signed him away from Dallas as a FA.

David West.

Hits the mid-range J, has playoff experience, athletic, back to basket game, perfect to compliment Hibbert and especially Collison. Hell, he's such a good fit, I'd overpay to have him here.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to hoops_guy For This Useful Post:

crazy shinaniganz BringJackBack's Avatar

Yeah, we need to shoot higher than this. Bass, Hill, Davis, etc. aren't going to get the job done.

I just dont like David West, he is getting to old for our rebuilding squad.

I also like:

Amir Johnson (but not so much his contract)

I would love, absolutely love Bargnani

I think Greg Monroe would have been an awesome fit in a few years

Brandan Wright- I wouldnt give up much for him, but I would consider him an upgrade over mcbob, and given his athleticism, size, ability, and potential I would at very least take a chance on him, maybe a chance of atmosphere is what he needs.

Darrell Authur- Just like DeJuan Blair, I liked both of these guys coming out of college, and was mad when we didnt draft them.

Basically what I want is some athletic, high flying, defensive, show man who can help carry this team, keep a decent mid range jumeper and be a 2nd star. What we will probably get; is some undersized, old jerk, who will come in and consume minutes, and soak up cap space, or an over-size 3, hogging the ball, and sleeping on defense.

"No, but thats okay, It's a good thing to stay in the dark about things - it keeps life more interesting."- George Christopher

You made quite a journey there from Bargnani to "athletic, high flying, defensive, show man".
    That said, I don't hate Bargnani. Not a good fit for us, but he'd be a great 6th man on a contender. He's in a position that's quite unfair to him now, having been a no.1 pick and being asked to be a 'star' on Raptors. Way over his head. At least he gets a nice salary out of it.

B U T L E R..U a Bulldog!

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I would love Derrick Favors and I think he is a possibility if we can somehow get involved in a trade the would send carmelo to the nets. He averages 6 ppg and 6 rpg during 18 min a game. If he averaged about 36 min a game he could be averaging 12 and 12 with a couple blocks per game too. At least he isnt a stretch 4. He's got a lot to learn but I think he would be a key piece of the future with our young core.

Protect the Promise. HOOPFANATIC's Avatar

I'm not optimistic that Obie is going to be gone next season so it makes sense to me to get a four who can play his way. Orlando's Ryan Anderson would be a perfect fit. Kind of a younger streakier Troy, but if we were able to move Tyler for him he may be able to pick up some better habits playing alongside Posey and Jeff. IMO Troy's fat paycheck and ego was a problem. Besides IMO Obie is really going to be lobbying for Troy to come back. I'd hate to lose Psycho T but until we change our system of play we need passing bigs who can.....ugh..stretch the defense.
    Last edited by HOOPFANATIC; 12-21-2010 at 07:01 AM.
    Protect the Promise!!!!

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Isn't Jeff Green going to be a FA? He would be great on the Pacers.

Quote Originally Posted by BornReady#6 View Post
    I would love, absolutely love Bargnani
    hell no. please don't say that again. i'd rather have troy back and that should tell a lot.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by xtacy View Post
    hell no. please don't say that again. i'd rather have troy back and that should tell a lot.
    Barnagni is way better than Troy, and would be great with the Pacers.

Bargnani would be a great offensive player. However, he would not at all address our interior defense and rebounding wish list.
    I'd rather die standing up than live on my knees.

-Emiliano Zapata

if we could get josh smith omg we would be good.

Collison
    Rush
    Granger
    Smith
    Hibbert

Sports Logo Sports Logo

I'd like to toss in Taj Gibson on that list... he is a very hard worker and could really help us on the boards. I love his game.

I feel somewhat vindicated that I was singing the praises of Kevin Love this summer... he would obviously be a huge piece for us to get... unfortunately I don't think he's going to be available for anything that we have. From my perspective, I'd trade any two players for him in a heartbeat (except I wouldn't trade both of Collision/Roy... but I would include either of those two and Granger for Love). Take that either as a huge compliment towards Love or a glaringly obvious sign that I would never succeed as an NBA GM.
    Last edited by spreedom; 12-21-2010 at 01:32 PM.

Bargnani is a bad rebounder who would complement Hibbert very poorly defensively. The defense+rebounding from that combo would always prevent Indiana to be more than a team that makes playoff runs but never challenges for a title seriously.

Players not good enough to be starters

Carl Landry
    Glen Davis
    Jeff Green
    Ersan Ilyasova

Good chance all of them will get overpaid this Summer (they're all suited to be scoring threats of the bench; maybe Green can be a quality starter at the 3 but I doubt it)

Low level prospects

Patrick Patterson (won't be much better than the guys above, very modest starter/quality backup potential).

Good prospects - but not difference makers - whose current teams will probably price out of the market

Larry Sanders (elite role-player potential, defensive minded big with decent rebounding and a fourth option scorer as a face-up threat + hustle baskets)

Jordan Hill (improved remarkably during his first year; he can be a solid 12/10 player with solid defense - good rebounder and nice set shot - unfortunately he isn't any good at the pick'n'pop, that limits him).

Serge Ibaka (plus defender and rebounder with a nice complementary offensive game)

High level prospect - All-NBA potential - with a relatively high chance of busting

Anthony Randolph

High level prospect

Derrick Favors (DPOY potential)

Nice but unspectacular rospects with uncertain future

Jason Thompson
    JJ Hickson
    Marreese Speights
    Brandan Wright

Four players with some talent but unknowns at this point due to lack of development. I rate Wright below the others, Wright has potential as a role-player. Speights is probably the more talented scoring wise. Hard to project their future development at this point. Type of player worth acquiring for a low price when their original teams quit on them.

Established players who are probably too costly to acquire via trade

Josh Smith
    Brandon Bass

I don't see their teams trading them for Indiana except if one of Collison (Atl), Granger (Atl/Orl) or Hibbert (Atl) is involved.

Established free-agents who will probably get overpaid next Summer+would be bad fits next to Granger+Hibbert

Zach Randolph (slow)
    David West (poor rebounding wise, not very good defensively)

Very good (future elite?) role-player

Amir Johnson

23. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to cordobes For This Useful Post:

Anyone interested in picking up toine? Maybe just through the end of the season? He is tearing it up right now, and would prolly play well to get a contract on a contender next year.

Quote Originally Posted by ballism View Post
    You made quite a journey there from Bargnani to "athletic, high flying, defensive, show man".
    That said, I don't hate Bargnani. Not a good fit for us, but he'd be a great 6th man on a contender. He's in a position that's quite unfair to him now, having been a no.1 pick and being asked to be a 'star' on Raptors. Way over his head. At least he gets a nice salary out of it.

Yeah he is definitely not that player, but I like his game, and I personally think that given a better all around offensive team, with consistent help on D, and Danny being a decent post defender from the 3, that he would do good in our system, and bring in some international fans and money to the team.

I really like his game, (I like the international game in general), and dont shoot me on this one, but would love to see him and Rudy Fernandez both brought here.

I'm on the Anthony Randolph bandwagon but I also have to acknowledge that there is a great chance he busts. Either him or Josh Smith would make me a very happy man. I think McRoberts will be a better energy player coming off of the bench and Hansbrough is just a role player for a championship team, not a starter.

I think all of those options are pretty good, except I'm just not convinced Anthony Randolph is for us.

Josh Smith would be my top choice. Instant playoff contenders.
    Stop quoting people I have on ignore!

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_ar...tire_as_pacer/

i know it's been posted, but how about off the bench?