Thread: IND/ORL/BOS/DET

Default IND/ORL/BOS/DET

4 Teamers are hard to make happen but got bored and here it is.

Indiana Gets:

1 - Jermaine O'Neal - Retires after season and as a Pacer he gets his wish
    2 - Avery Bradley - Prospect at PG/SG
    3 - J.J. Redick - Paul George is a SF not a SG good tandem w/ Rush for future
    4 - Daniel Orton - Big with a lot of upside....project

Orlando Gets:

1 - Jeff Foster - Center Depth
    2 - Solo Jones - See Above
    3 - Dahntay Jones - Give them defense at the wing....something they lack
    4 - Charlie Vilanueva - replaces what they lost in Lewis....stretch 4

Boston Gets:

1 - Richard Hamilton - Perfect SG behind Allen
    2 - Ben Wallace - Defensive big war tested vet
    3 - Tracy McGrady - Showin he has something left in tank...backs up PP at SF
    4 - Chris Duhon - more of a true back-up PG
    5 - Malik Allen - Throw in, buyout

Detroit Gets:

1 - Kendrick Perkins - Buy out resigns with Celts
    2 - Marquis Daniels - Expires
    3 - Von Wafer - Expires
    4 - James Posey
    5 - Quentin Richardson

Indiana is able to move our 2 longer term deals that really dont fit with our plan in Posey & Jones. We bring in more young talent (assets) in Bradley & Orton without really giving up much. By moving Posey in this deal is negates people saying Redick takes up needed cap space because they cancel each other out. Posey was not an asset, Redick is. At least JJ has a chance to prove that he is more than he is allowed to be in Orlando (which I think he is) Posey is what he is...and that isnt much. O'Neal really is a throw in to make $ match up but honestly he wouldnt be a bad backup to Hibbert before he retires in the blue & gold as he has stated he would like to do. The biggest plus is that we still have TJ, Dunleavy, and Tinsley's deals coming off the books to the tune of roughly 25mil

Orlando gets the frontcourt depth they need by adding Foster, Jones & Villanueva. Jones is swapped out with Q-Rich and IMO fits the team needs better as a defender, Rich became redundant after the trade added several offensive minded wings.

Boston protects themselves in the event of an injury to Pierce or Allen by adding Hamilton & McGrady. Hamilton could easily start and McGrady has shown this year that he still has something left in the tank especially in a 2nd unit role. Ben Wallace, like McGrady I think can still play at a high level in a smaller role off the bench, fits the Celtics defensive mindset. They give up Bradley but he doesnt really fit into the current roster's 1 or 2 more shots at a title anyway, and although they trade Perkins it would be predetermined that he would be bought out by the Piston's and resign at the min for rest of season since his deal expires at years end anyway. Duhon doesnt really fit with Robinson already here, but he is more of a natural PG and could fill that role when they dont need a scoring punch from Robinson

Detroit really wins here just by getting out from under Hamilton, Villanueva, and Wallace's deals so that they can truly start to rebuild. I think reality has set in that Detroit sucks at this point...plain and simple and unless they can get out from under some of these contracts there isnt much they can do about it. With this deal the only long term guy left is Ben Gordon next season. They dont really bring in anybody of real importance just guys to make the salaries match to get rid of there albatross contracts and get expirings and more reasonable contracts.

Again crazy big deal here but IMO really helps everybody involved....thoughts ?

Default Re: IND/ORL/BOS/DET

Hmmm.... Avery Bradley and Daniel Orton plus a backup center and sixth man? Sounds good to me. I'm not too ecstatic about JJ's contract but it's not a huge deal. I'd rather just not take him though.

This really doesn't look bad at all for all teams unless if Detroit wants a first round pick from someone or something.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I'm all for cutting some salary, but this is absurd. The cherry on top is the idea that we'd buy out a 26-year old Kendrick Perkins, who would easily be the best center on our team.

crazy shinaniganz BringJackBack's Avatar

Okay but what if you could keep Perk?

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Can't just dump every veteran on the roster. I'd keep TMac and ask for a draft pick, and that would be more agreeable.