Thread: Thanks to Paul George, the Loud Crowd, and Pacero...

Default Thanks to Paul George, the Loud Crowd, and Pacero...

As I told Pacero at the Cleveland game, I'm a long time lurker, but don't post much. I'm from northern KY, near Cincinnati, and try to get to as many games as possible each season. My buddy and I went to the Pacers/Cavs game last week, and managed to win a ticket upgrade from the Loud Crowd. Just so happened to be in Area 55. Was pretty pumped to hang with Gary Vengeance, Pacero, Duke Dynamite, etc. Talked to Pacero for a while in between beer-runs and drumming, and promised I'd post our pic on here for all to see. So that's thanks #1.

Thanks #2 goes out to Paul George. Not only am I a huge baseball & basketball fan, but I'm also a huge Nike/Jordan collector. That said, I tend to notice what players are wearing on-court. A few weeks back, I took notice of the sweet Kobe Bryant custom models that Paul George was sporting. On Monday, I decided to make the trek up for the NOLA game and was lucky enough to meet PG after shoot-around. In passing, I happened to mention how much I like the Kobes he had been wearing and got a look of "Damn, you noticed that?" Paul told me to meet him in the Best Locker Room after the game, and that he'd have something for me. Long story, short, having to drive back in that blizzard was well worth it for the Christmas present I got from PG24.

2. The Following 25 Users Say Thank You to jshortt For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

Default Re: Thanks to Paul George, the Loud Crowd, and Pacero...

Really great gesture on Paul George's part.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Lance George For This Useful Post:

Southern Indiana; not far from Louisville, KY

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

yeah Paul and Lance have been great at giving out shoes this season. Do you know if those were "game-worn" or anything like that, or if they've just been sitting in his locker waiting to be worn?? Nonetheless, that's very awesome of PG to hook you up. Thanks for sharing!!

That's pretty awesome of Paul.

Mood

Very cool.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

This is awesome stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by ChristianDudley View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    yeah Paul and Lance have been great at giving out shoes this season. Do you know if those were "game-worn" or anything like that, or if they've just been sitting in his locker waiting to be worn?? Nonetheless, that's very awesome of PG to hook you up. Thanks for sharing!!
    Hey Christian,

Yep, they are for sure game worn. I photo-matched them to the Denver game, but I know that he wore them in a couple of others. They're pretty beat up. AND, he had already autographed them for me. I need to find some sort of nice case for them. They have "KING24" stitched on the inside of the tongue too.

And yeah, HUGE gesture from PG24. I was already a big fan, and had already dropped the big bucks for one of his Revolution30 Authentic home jerseys, but after this, he's definitely got a super-fan for life now.

-Josh

Womens Wrestling Champion El Pacero's Avatar

WOW! That blows away meeting ole' Pacero by 100 times 10. Truly awesome of Pauly G. I will not admit I'm totally jealous and end by saying good meeting / talking with you Josh. (biting tongue)

Damn, PG24 knows how to make a fan happy. The guys got all the potential in the world and I think the value of those kicks will only increase.
    Already stoked for 2013-2014.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to idioteque For This Useful Post:

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by jshortt View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hey Christian,

Yep, they are for sure game worn. I photo-matched them to the Denver game, but I know that he wore them in a couple of others. They're pretty beat up. AND, he had already autographed them for me. I need to find some sort of nice case for them. They have "KING24" stitched on the inside of the tongue too.

And yeah, HUGE gesture from PG24. I was already a big fan, and had already dropped the big bucks for one of his Revolution30 Authentic home jerseys, but after this, he's definitely got a super-fan for life now.

-Josh
    The Denver game thats even more cool. That night was history. They normaly change shoes every two or three games.

What a class act! GIVE THIS MAN SOME PLAYING TIME, SO...JOB.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to PaulGeorge24 For This Useful Post:

i thought i saw you... haha
    In 49 states it's just basketball, but this is Indiana!

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Way cool of PG. I can't wait until he's a regular player on this team. I think it's a travesty he's not getting a shot on gamedays, but I'm also not the coach.

Very cool, thanks for the great story!