View Poll Results: Who would you want the Colts to face in the first round of the playoffs?

Voters
25. You may not vote on this poll
  • New York Jets

14 56.00%
  • Baltimore Ravens

11 44.00%
  • Pittsburgh Steelers

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jets, Ravens, or Steelers?

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Jets, Ravens, or Steelers?

If (and it's still very much an "if") the Colts win the division to clinch a playoff berth, odds are very high that they will have to face one of these 10-4 teams in the first round.

Who do ya want?

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Jets, Ravens, or Steelers?

The Ravens, no question.

Until they prove otherwise, Peyton positively owns those guys.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

If I were 100% guaranteed that we'd win the game, I'd pick the Steelers without hesitation. Would love to see those obnoxious fans exiting Lucas with their annoying "Terrible Towels" tucked between their legs.

Out of safety, I'll go Ravens given our track record of owning them.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:

woman without a team

Well, if we're getting a 100% guarantee of a win I'd rather play New England. There. In a blinding snowstorm. And I want someone to tackle Tom Brady by his hair.

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to grace For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by grace View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    And I want someone to tackle Tom Brady by his hair.

Actually, if a large tuft of it could be ripped out in the process, even better.
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Kegboy For This Useful Post:

woman without a team

Quote Originally Posted by Kegboy View Post

Actually, if a large tuft of it could be ripped out in the process, even better.
    That goes without saying. The other goes without saying part is after said hair is ripped out of his head he's on the turf crying like a little girl. "My hair! My hair! My long glorious hair! "

10. The Following User Says Thank You to grace For This Useful Post:

If we make the playoffs, it's almost likely it'll be the Ravens.

I don't think we'd beat anybody though, if Collie doesn't play.
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

Sucks so badly that he got hurt. We're just such a better offense when he's out there. If we have him then we're pretty scary.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Adam1987 View Post
    Sucks so badly that he got hurt. We're just such a better offense when he's out there. If we have him then we're pretty scary.
    So true. He's almost had a Pro Bowl Season despite missing so many games. He's an incredible talent mix of speed and precision. Peyton put him in harms way a little on that pass but what are the odds that he'd get hit in the head again, for the third time in three games, and suffer another concussion?
    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81
    Larry is not coming back, he didn't have a meeting with Orlando for not reason, yeah he is coming back to the NBA but not to the Pacers, the notion that he is a taking a year off and then come back is absurd.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    GOOD GOD THAT'S LARRY BIRD'S MUSIC!

I voted for the Jets. The Ravens are a different team now and although we have owned them in the past I think they are much more of an offensive team now.

Quote Originally Posted by naptownmenace View Post
    So true. He's almost had a Pro Bowl Season despite missing so many games. He's an incredible talent mix of speed and precision. Peyton put him in harms way a little on that pass but what are the odds that he'd get hit in the head again, for the third time in three games, and suffer another concussion?
    In the NFL? Pretty high.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to ilive4sports For This Useful Post:

Without Troy Polamalu I would take the Steelers. There defense just isn't the same without him.

Otherwise I gamble with the Ravens again b/c there defense is getting old and not as good as it use to be.

I'm actually not too scared of the Jets either. I just don't like the match-up with their corners, especially seeing that Collie is likely out for the year. Not liking Revis and Cromartie being able to cover one on one

As a Ravens fan, I have to say that a lot of us wouldn't mind getting the Colts. Kind of hoping we get them actually. I don't mean to be a jerk, but you guys are pretty banged up, Peyton's forcing too much, you just don't look very good. I'd have to guess the Ravens would be heavy favorites in that one.
    2010 IKL Fantasy Basketball Champion Baltimore Bulldogs

Quote Originally Posted by bulldog View Post
    As a Ravens fan, I have to say that a lot of us wouldn't mind getting the Colts. Kind of hoping we get them actually. I don't mean to be a jerk, but you guys are pretty banged up, Peyton's forcing too much, you just don't look very good. I'd have to guess the Ravens would be heavy favorites in that one.
    The Colts didn't "look very good" back in 06 until the playoffs, when we went into Baltimore and kicked the Ravens' asses. Really, you actually want the Colts over the Chiefs? I don't believe you. Peyton owns the Ravens. For some reason, he just gets how to attack the Ravens Defense, and rarely has any problems moving the ball on them.

The Chiefs aren't very good, but neither are the Colts. I'm sorry, I find the entire tone of this thread a little too homerific, you guys are banged up, and you haven't had a great year, yet you're talking like you'd be the favorites against either the Ravens, Jets, or Steelers. I guess my point is that you'd be underdogs against any of those teams.
    Last edited by bulldog; 12-22-2010 at 01:46 PM.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Gamble1 View Post
    I voted for the Jets. The Ravens are a different team now and although we have owned them in the past I think they are much more of an offensive team now.
    Me too. Their offense has been struggling the last 4-5 games and if the Colts got a lead over them, they might be able to hold on for a victory.

I don't have a good feeling about the Colts beating Oakland this week so we might be speculating for nothing.
    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81
    Larry is not coming back, he didn't have a meeting with Orlando for not reason, yeah he is coming back to the NBA but not to the Pacers, the notion that he is a taking a year off and then come back is absurd.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    GOOD GOD THAT'S LARRY BIRD'S MUSIC!

Fat, Drunk and Stupid Lord Helmet's Avatar

The Chiefs aren't very good, but neither are the Colts. I'm sorry, I find the entire tone of this thread a little too homerific, you guys are banged up, and you haven't had a great year, yet you're talking like you'd be the favorites against either the Ravens, Jets, or Steelers. I guess my point is that you'd be underdogs against any of those teams.
    Where was that said? I thought the thread was just asking who we'd rather face, and what team people think we have the best chance to beat, IF we make the playoffs.
    Super Bowl XLI Champions
    2000 Eastern Conference Champions

I don't know what the line would be, but we'd hardly be the "underdogs" at home with a four game winning streak (which looks pretty likely if we can take care of business against two teams we are clearly better than).

I don't see any comments in this thread that are any more "homerifc" than yours saying you want the Colts. Everyone seems to be pretty cautious here. But the Colts do own the Ravens, just like the Chargers own the Colts. I'd like our chances if we played them at home.

I've probably been overly harsh on the Colts throughout the year. Looking at their schedule, they've only been embarrassed once and that was the San Diego game (well the Houston game too I guess). They lost at Houston and Jax, but those are division rivals who get hyped to play us like it's the Super Bowl (and the Jags loss was b/c of that freakishly long FG). Plus, we took care of business against both them at home - you can't always sweep teams who know you inside and out. We narrowly lost at Philly who's been pretty damn good this season, and almost pulled out a comeback against a spectacular Patriots team who has been throttling some great teams this season. Then our last loss was against that Dallas team who's been playing like a playoff team under Garrett.

Things don't look as bad for the Colts when look at the losses and take the massive amount of injuries into perspective. I'm not saying we'll go the Super Bowl, but I certainly like our chances at home in a wild card game.

And aside from that brutal three game stretch, Peyton's still put together a pretty damn good season. Believe it or not, he's actually one interception behind last year's total of 16. So he could finish with less picks than last year when he won MVP, despite throwing like 58 picks in that 3 game stretch. That shows you how efficient he's been the rest of the season.

It's a shame we won't have Collie because a Colts team with Collie is not a team anyone wants to see on the schedule.
    Last edited by Sollozzo; 12-22-2010 at 07:16 PM.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:

woman without a team

Personally I don't think the Colts have much better than a snowball's chance in hell of beating the Steelers. However, if we play well I'd say we'd have a pretty good chance of beating either the Jets or the Raves.

Mood

Who's being the homer? Nobody said the Ravens were a bad team, only that Peyton beats them. That's not being a homer, that's stating a fact that can be verified in whichever NFL record book you choose to use. Peyton is 8-2 lifetime, including playoffs against the Ravens, and hasn't lost to them since 2001. Any time you don't lose to a team for a freaking decade that's ownership. And I even qualified that by saying "until they prove otherwise". And you're here calling US the homer!?

27. The Following User Says Thank You to travmil For This Useful Post:

The Colts haven't lost to the Ravens since 2001 you say? Coincidentally, the Colts weren't very good 2001 (6-10). Since then, you've finished with 12 wins almost every year. You will not finish with 12 wins this year. I think Peyton "owns" the Ravens insofar as the Colts have been a great football team over the past decade, but they are not a great team this year. Adam mentions that you haven't had any embarrassing losses, but have you had any good wins? The Giants and Chiefs are the only playoff caliber teams you've beat, and both of them are pretty ****-poor playoff teams.

And you guys really believe in that Peyton owns the Ravens type of stuff? I think your fanbase more than most should realize that is nonsense - didn't you have to put up with crap about how Brady owned the Colts until he, well, didn't? There's a tremendous amount of turnover on an NFL roster every year, not limited to players but also to coaches and sets, so you can't argue about match-ups or playing styles. I don't think Peyton owns the Ravens so much as Peyton is really really good and his Colts teams have been great over the past decade, and the Ravens have been up and down, so its not surprising the Colts have a good record against the Ravens. You've been a better team, an amazing team, for most of this decade. Not the case this year.

Again, I think you'll be pretty solid underdogs against the Ravens, Steelers, or Jets, even at home. You definitely could win against any of them because this is the NFL, but if you do, I think you'd have to be pretty damn happy with that result, and consider yourselves lucky.
    Last edited by bulldog; 12-23-2010 at 12:32 PM.

The Colts were 20 yards away from beating the Patriots in Foxboro with that same banged up roster. They actually should be more healthy with Addai and Sessions back this week.

Trust me, NO ONE wants the Colts to make the playoffs, let alone play them!

30. The Following User Says Thank You to pwee31 For This Useful Post:

Again, I think you'll be pretty solid underdogs against the Ravens, Steelers, or Jets, even at home. You definitely could win against any of them because this is the NFL, but if you do, I think you'd have to be pretty damn happy with that result, and consider yourselves lucky.

We should be no more happy than you if you can come into Indy and beat us. You too would have to consider yourself lucky if you can come into hostile Lucas and win a playoff game.

If we play you wildcard weekend in Indy I guarantee Vegas odds are slightly in our favor.

Regular season record doesn't matter in the post-season. The home field advantage is infinitely more important than what the team's records were. As a Colt fan, I unfortunately know this all too well. We were 12-4 two years ago and had to go to SD to play the freaking 8-8 Chargers (who we had already beaten out there once that year) and their home field was enough to put them over the top.

Haha, fair enough, I guess we'll see. At least we got some trash talking to get us pumped, now I really hope we DO play the Colts. I promise to stop by and take my punishment if we lose, but if we win, I'm gonna be obnoxious as all get-out.

Looking pretty likely to be Ravens now. Jets and outside shot. Steelers out.

Personally, I say give us anybody. All three are cut from that physical, defensive mold even though Pitt & Balt have offensive capabilities. All present serious challenges, but it will be at home and it's the playoffs so win or go home.

What we really need is a win at home vs. Tenn and Oakland to help us out with an upset of the Chiefs to set us up with a first round bye. Too bad the game's not at the black hole.
    I'd rather die standing up than live on my knees.

-Emiliano Zapata