Thread: IND/PHI/MIL

Default IND/PHI/MIL

Indiana Gets:
    1 - Andre Iguodala
    2 - A. Nocioni
    3 - Craig Brackins

Indiana's pros here are obvious with picking up Iguodala. I doubt you could find a better 3 wing rotation than Iggy/Granger/Rush defensively.....or period for that matter. Nocioni is an upgrade over Posey as he can do more than just shoot 3's. Brackins is an intriguing young talent who could develop into something special. We give up our 2 biggest expirings in Dun and Ford as well as giving up our 1st rounder next season.....Iggy is better than we could do with that cap space anyway and its unlikely our draft pick is lotto anway....especially not after this trade.

Milwaukee Gets:
    1 - Elton Brand
    2 - Thaddeus Young
    3 - Jason Kapono

Milwaukee takes a big risk here by bringing in Brand and his 3 year deal. On the pros side though Brand is having a really nice year and would compliment Bogut nicely down low with his mid range game. Thaddeus Young makes taking on Brand's deal worth while as he is a very talented young SF/PF to add to the Bucks growing stable of young talent. Kapono is a throw in expiring who can light it up from the outside. The Bucks are also able to move Maggette who has not worked out since coming over in the offseason. Biggest cons here are Brand's roll of the dice, giving up 2011 1st rounder and Mbah a Moute.....but bringing in Young and moving Maggettes 3 year 10mil contract more than offsets the risks IMO All in all good deal for the Bucks

Philadelphia Gets:
    1 - Mike Dunleavy
    2 - TJ Ford
    3 - Solo Jones
    4 - Indy 2011 1st
    5 - Mike Redd
    6 - Richard Mbah a Moute
    7 - Corey Maggette
    8 - Bucks 2011 1st
    9 - Future Indy 2nd rounder

Many will argue that Phili doesnt get enough for Iggy in this deal. I however, disagree. Its addition by subtraction more than anything for the Sixers here. By moving Brand/Iggy/Nocioni they are able to truly start over here which is obvious by the teams record its time to do. Other than Maggette/Posey everything they get here is an expiring deal while also getting what will likely be 2 mid 1st round picks and a future 2nd.....39mil in expiring contracts next season with 3 first rounders and a young core of Jrue Holiday, Evan Turner, Lou Williams, Mbah a Moute, Mo Speights, and Spencer Hawes......sounds like a win for the Sixers.

Rooting My Family 2 Glory CooperManning's Avatar

Default Re: IND/PHI/MIL

This is one of the better trades I've seen in the trade forum. As a Pacer fan, I'd be 100% down for this.

From a realism standpoint, the only two things I have a mild problem with is that I don't think we could get Brackins out of this too, not without giving up any real assets but the first. But I prefer that if it means we keep Rush and George. The other thing is that I'm not sure Milwaukee is willing to give up a first for that package, considering the price of Brand's contract. A 2012 first might make more sense.

Good trade overall. I'd be fine with taking Nocioni, since the last year of his deal is a team option. Could get him off the books right before Roy and Brandon's extensions kick in. And I agree that this is good for Philly. Holiday/Lou/Turner/Speights/Hawes isn't bad to build around, especially with three firsts (one of which would likely be top 5). Not having to pay Brand/Iggy would be huge for them.

I'm high on Brackins. I'd like to see something like this. I am not sure what Nocioni's contract is though...I guess it would depend on that.
    Lance + Starting SG = Awesome

Now really free Lance!

Sports Logo Sports Logo

I would assume that the only way Milwaukee would dream of taking on Brand would be if they were getting Iguodala and/or shedding a bad contract (I'm looking at you, John Salmons).

Corey Maggette is the bad contract you refer to, and Thaddeus Young while he may not be quite the player Iggy is....he has as much upside and has already shown the ability to produce.

Forward this to Bird.

I love this

Looks great to me. Only question would be if Milwaukee wanted it. I'm sure Indy and Philly would.