Thread: Anyone else have poor experiences with Xbox?

Default Anyone else have poor experiences with Xbox?

Okay, so here's my little rant for the day.

Me and a buddy don't play XBL often. So today, we go out and rent Madden 11 for the night for some friendly competition. Ok, cool. So we come back to my place, pop the disk in, and play some regular exhibition games against one another. One of my buddies was online playing Madden and wanted to play us online. We click to play online, and BAM. 2 day suspension?

Well, that's not really that big of a deal. It's only 2 days and we don't play that often anyways. However, Microsoft will give me no good reason as to why I'm suspended. I have no information in my XBL profile, I've never cheated/glitched/hacked/whatever you want to call it. I'm not savy enough with computers to know how to do that, nor do I care to in the first place.

I call XBL customer support, and no one can give me any good reason as to why I'm suspended. They tell me to check my email associated with my account to find out why. So I check it, no email. Call them back, they say they don't know why it never came.

The suspension is no big deal. However, I do pay for this service. I abide by the rules, and when I want to use a service I pay for, I expect to be able to actually use it. Of course the one day I actually want to use it, I can't. And no one can give me any reason for it.

Sorry for the rant, but it really pisses me off that I pay for something that I can't use and not one single customer support person can give me any reason for it, yet alone a legit reason. Heck, I'd at least be more satisfied if I got banned for a false reason. At least they'd have a reason.

Anyone else ever had a bad experience with Microsoft? Or any other company for that matter.
    Stop quoting people I have on ignore!

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Anyone else have poor experiences with Xbox?

Never. Microsoft is actually a pretty rad company, in my eyes. When the 360 first came out and originally was dealing with the Red Light of Death, I had it happen 3 times. The first time, I had to pay 130 bucks to get it fixed. The 2nd time it happened, I sent it into them, and not only did they fix it for free, they gave me a brand new system AND wrote a check in my name for $130 and paid me back for the original repair. The 3rd time they also sent me a new system, as well as paid for a year of XBL for me for free.

I love XBOX.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Day-V For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Day-V View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Never. Microsoft is actually a pretty rad company, in my eyes. When the 360 first came out and originally was dealing with the Red Light of Death, I had it happen 3 times. The first time, I had to pay 130 bucks to get it fixed. The 2nd time it happened, I sent it into them, and not only did they fix it for free, they gave me a brand new system AND wrote a check in my name for $130 and paid me back for the original repair. The 3rd time they also sent me a new system, as well as paid for a year of XBL for me for free.

I love XBOX.
    That actually brought up an old memory and a good experience with them.

Quite a while ago, a family member was having an Xbox problem. I sent it in and Microsoft actually paid for it and the shipping. Very kind of them.

I guess I'm just frustrated in the fact that I can't get any answers.
    Stop quoting people I have on ignore!

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

My guess is you probably had a few people give you negative feedback with your previous online experience. I had a buddy have that happen to him after a few guys got pissed at us for working together in NASCAR 09 and winning every race.

Hopefully they lift that ban soon.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I would e-mail or tweet Major Nelson. He's pretty good with the Xbox Community.