Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 26

Thread: Small taste of being a Pacers fan in LA.

  1. #1
    Honorary Area 55'er TMJ31's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    4,800

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Small taste of being a Pacers fan in LA.

    So, this game was a catastrophe. No heart, no passion, no pride. Embarrassing. Completely and utterly unacceptable if we want to be a playoff team.

    So here is what I get to endure for the next week...

    As a resident of southern California, by default an overwhelming majority of my friends and acquaintances are Laker fans... Some are dedicated fans, many more are the flaky, bandwagon fans that make my skin crawl...

    One friend in particular (who I would call a dedicated fan) and I always exchange text messages when the Lakers and Pacers play... Talking trash ahead of time, and invariably, talking more trash AFTER the final buzzer...

    Needless to say, he often gets more opportunities to lay into me than I do him. Of course, the Murphy tip-in was a rare treat for me.

    So once we FINALLY beat the Lakers at Staples, I decided to "take the high road" so to speak, and be humble in victory. I text my friend telling him something along the lines of:

    "Man, I really thought you guys had us there. Good game, it was fun to watch."

    However, what I WANTED to say was:

    "WOOOOOOOOOOOOO PACERS!!!!! LAKERS LOSE AT STAPLES TO PACERS!!! TOO BAD KOBE BRICKED THAT 3 TO TIE IT!!!!!!! YEA BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!"

    Buttttttt.... I didn't. Because even though I hate the Lakers with the heat of a thousand suns, I didn't want to be "that guy". The guy who calls up all his friends when his team beats theirs JUST to be an ***. So I was humble and didn't milk it.

    My friend's response?

    .......... Nothing ...........

    Even when the Murphy tip happened, he responded. Saying "we got lucky" blah blah blah. This time, nothing at all... For three whole weeks... I honestly thought he changed his cell phone number, because I thought he wasn't such a sore loser than he would just ignore me for weeks on end.

    Nope, sure enough at the final buzzer tonight:
    "TAKE THAT *******. REVENGE IS SO SWEET"

    Ahh... The joys of living in this sports hell that is Los Angeles...

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to TMJ31 For This Useful Post:


  3. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    West Lafayette/Indianapolis
    Posts
    147

    Default Re: Small taste of being a Pacers fan in LA.

    Haha I know what you mean. I have a ton of friends who are Bulls fans and all they talk about is how bad the Pacers are.

    I don't know if anyone else saw it, but those two Lakers fans sitting courtside looked like the two most annoying people of all time. I'm about 99.99% sure.

  4. #3
    Honorary Area 55'er TMJ31's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    4,800

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Small taste of being a Pacers fan in LA.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

    I don't know if anyone else saw it, but those two Lakers fans sitting courtside looked like the two most annoying people of all time. I'm about 99.99% sure.
    Even on TV you could smell the douche wafting off those two.
    Read my Pacers.com Guest Blog:
    "Area 55 Conquers Staples Center"

  5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TMJ31 For This Useful Post:


  6. #4
    billbradley
    Guest

    Default Re: Small taste of being a Pacers fan in LA.

    being at the game seemed like a taste of being a pacer fan in LA

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to billbradley For This Useful Post:


  8. #5
    crazy shinaniganz BringJackBack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    7,351

    Default Re: Small taste of being a Pacers fan in LA.

    I feel bad for the people sitting around them more than anything.

  9. #6
    Honorary Area 55'er TMJ31's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    4,800

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Small taste of being a Pacers fan in LA.

    Quote Originally Posted by billbradley View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    being at the game seemed like a taste of being a pacer fan in LA
    Hah! No kidding.

    Sounded like it... Which may be more embarrassing than the loss in the first place.
    Read my Pacers.com Guest Blog:
    "Area 55 Conquers Staples Center"

  10. #7
    Member Trophy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Posts
    8,556

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Small taste of being a Pacers fan in LA.

    I hate bandwagon fans.

    I'm dying to see where all the Cav fans are nationwide.

  11. #8
    Member ChristianDudley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Southern Indiana; not far from Louisville, KY
    Posts
    1,575

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Small taste of being a Pacers fan in LA.

    And that is why the Lakers, their franchise, their players, their fans, etc are CLASSLESS and why us Pacers fans are about the CLASSIEST of all.

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to ChristianDudley For This Useful Post:


  13. #9
    Honorary Area 55'er TMJ31's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    4,800

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Small taste of being a Pacers fan in LA.

    Makes me respect the true Cavs fans that still go out to all their games.

    The same way I HOPE all of us Pacers fans have earned respect the last 4 years.
    Read my Pacers.com Guest Blog:
    "Area 55 Conquers Staples Center"

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to TMJ31 For This Useful Post:


  15. #10
    Member Trophy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Posts
    8,556

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Small taste of being a Pacers fan in LA.

    I saw the ones at the game were showing off themselves as if their team is young and rebuilding and they just won a hard fought win.

    I hate it when I talk NBA with someone and their team is the Lakers, Celtics, Heat, etc.

    I'm proud to say I'm a Pacers fan.

  16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Trophy For This Useful Post:


  17. #11
    Member ChristianDudley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Southern Indiana; not far from Louisville, KY
    Posts
    1,575

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Small taste of being a Pacers fan in LA.

    Quote Originally Posted by TMJ31 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Even on TV you could smell the douche wafting off those two.
    I actually believe it wound up being 3 of them...I saw them from the start of the game on TV...I think they were told to sit down during halftime, but halfway through the 3rd quarter they were back at it. If I were an usher, I would have throw them out of the game because of the crap they were doing...they were some "odd"-looking people to say the least as well.

  18. #12
    Go Colts! Shade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    36
    Posts
    44,165

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Small taste of being a Pacers fan in LA.

    I don't know what you guys are talking about. It took a lot of devotion for all of those Lakers fans to fly here from California for tonight's game.

  19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Shade For This Useful Post:


  20. #13
    Go Colts! Shade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    36
    Posts
    44,165

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Small taste of being a Pacers fan in LA.

    Quote Originally Posted by Trophy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I hate bandwagon fans.

    I'm dying to see where all the Cav fans are nationwide.
    You saw where tonight.

  21. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Shade For This Useful Post:


  22. #14
    Honorary Area 55'er TMJ31's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    4,800

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Small taste of being a Pacers fan in LA.

    Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You saw where tonight.
    ROFL!
    Read my Pacers.com Guest Blog:
    "Area 55 Conquers Staples Center"

  23. #15
    Go Colts! Shade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    36
    Posts
    44,165

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Small taste of being a Pacers fan in LA.

    Quote Originally Posted by BringJackBack View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I feel bad for the people sitting around them more than anything.
    Yeah, it was annoying. Didn't stop Roaming Gnome from high-fiving one of them tho...

  24. The Following User Says Thank You to Shade For This Useful Post:


  25. #16

    Default Re: Small taste of being a Pacers fan in LA.

    Being in Conseco tonight made me pretty sick. I'm pretty sure myself and my buddy were the only Pacers fans in our section. Just listening to the ignorant talk coming from the "fans" around me was pretty disgusting. For instance "hey who's our point gaurd?". Seriously even I knew your point guard dumbass, same dude it's been for the past 10 years. A family of 4 got trash talked for getting up and leaving early. And during timeouts they'd talk about the big Colts game this weekend, that made me the sickest. Kinda hate Indy area sports fans, always have though. In a couple years when kobes old they'll all be in Heat jerseys. Kudos to anyone else who stayed until the end.

  26. #17
    Member Trophy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Posts
    8,556

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Small taste of being a Pacers fan in LA.

    Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You saw where tonight.
    The bandwagon fans would call themselves Cavs fans, but I wonder where they all are other than in Cleveland.

  27. #18
    Member Trophy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Posts
    8,556

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Small taste of being a Pacers fan in LA.

    At least the Fieldhouse was soldout.

  28. The Following User Says Thank You to Trophy For This Useful Post:


  29. #19
    crazy shinaniganz BringJackBack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    7,351

    Default Re: Small taste of being a Pacers fan in LA.

    Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yeah, it was annoying. Didn't stop Roaming Gnome from high-fiving one of them tho...





  30. #20
    BornRodney ECKrueger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Age
    23
    Posts
    3,917

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Small taste of being a Pacers fan in LA.

    Gosh, I was watching it with some buddies from California...not enjoyable. Although I told him I expected it from the start, and I definitely rubbed it in when we beat them.

  31. #21
    Womens Wrestling Champion El Pacero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    718

    Default Re: Small taste of being a Pacers fan in LA.

    Just the fact that he didn't reply to you when the Pacers won, but came out of the woodwork when they beat the Pacers makes me like this well told story.

  32. The Following User Says Thank You to El Pacero For This Useful Post:


  33. #22
    Honorary Area 55'er TMJ31's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    4,800

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Small taste of being a Pacers fan in LA.

    Quote Originally Posted by El Pacero View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Just the fact that he didn't reply to you when the Pacers won, but came out of the woodwork when they beat the Pacers makes me like this well told story.
    Figured you would like this one, El Pacero.

    Funny thing is, he claims to have not received my text when the Pacers won at Staples...

    Rrrriiiighhhtttttt... Oddly enough he received my replies to his gloating tonight just fine.

    Funny how that works...

    LA sports fans have such an enormous sense of entitlement and are so incredibly smug it's just disgusting.
    Read my Pacers.com Guest Blog:
    "Area 55 Conquers Staples Center"

  34. #23
    International Counter bellisimo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Budapest, Hungary
    Age
    31
    Posts
    9,106

    Default Re: Small taste of being a Pacers fan in LA.

    brings back memories when everyone was on the Bulls bandwagon...*sigh*

  35. #24
    Member k_lewis93's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    541

    Default Re: Small taste of being a Pacers fan in LA.

    Can't stand the Lakers or their fans. Honestly it is mostly their fans though. I don't like Kobe but it isn't his fault he is no doubt one of the best if not the best player in the world and everyone is instantly a Kobe fan. Still makes me sick though.

  36. #25
    Cheeseburger in Paradise Los Angeles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Venice, CA
    Posts
    9,690

    Default Re: Small taste of being a Pacers fan in LA.

    Story of my life.
    “Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.” - Winston Churchill

    “If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to serve as a horrible warning.” - Catherine Aird

  37. The Following User Says Thank You to Los Angeles For This Useful Post:


Similar Threads

  1. The Official Pacers Digest F.A.Q. Thread
    By Hicks in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 81
    Last Post: 09-02-2013, 05:30 PM
  2. STAR: Pacers reach deal with city? (link)
    By Reggie4Three in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 68
    Last Post: 07-18-2010, 10:11 PM
  3. Pacers-Celtics Matchups (IndyStar)
    By ChicagoJ in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-28-2010, 09:36 AM
  4. Look back at Pacers Trades
    By Teddy Green in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 06-16-2009, 08:00 PM
  5. Pacers need to go small
    By Spirit in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 10-31-2008, 07:25 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •