Thread: Where is Josh McRoberts | Who Should Start at Power Forward

Hybrid View

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Where is Josh McRoberts | Who Should Start at Power Forward

Where is Josh McRoberts? During the Pacer's second quarter comeback he was the disruptive force who injected chaos amongst the Bulls and provided valuable offensive rebounds for the Pacers.

The he was out. Like a fat kid in dodgeball.

I don't get it. Why is Josh McRoberts trusted to start, but not trusted to close? Are the two not mutually important? Is it not equally important to start and to finish well? If so, then why no start Solomon Jones? If the Pacer's coach staff is saying, "We don't trust Josh McRoberts to close, but we trust Solomon Jones to close." Why not, then, start Solomon Jones?

Perhaps the very reason this system is so difficult to learn is because the system is so difficult to define. It seems to me, a layman at best, that if you start McRoberts, but close with Solmon Jones, James Posey, or Jeff Foster than you are changing the personality of the team from the opening tip to the final whistle. I suppose what I am trying to say can be simplified. That is, "Why is something or someone good enough to start, but not good enough to finish?" and "Are players or personalities truly that interchangable?" In my simple opinion, keeping in mind the highest level of basketball I ever played was high school varsity, I don't think you can establish a player early and then eliminate him from the final equation.

I just don't get it.

Default Re: Where is Josh McRoberts | Who Should Start at Power Forward

the one thing i can think of for why he was benched, was that OB wants him to cut out his bi***ing and moaning that he does whenever a foul goes against him...maybe he is just not good at hiding it, but it looks like he does it more consistently than anyone on the team...he was really going off before he got benched...

Quote Originally Posted by dal9 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    the one thing i can think of for why he was benched, was that OB wants him to cut out his bi***ing and moaning that he does whenever a foul goes against him...maybe he is just not good at hiding it, but it looks like he does it more consistently than anyone on the team...he was really going off before he got benched...

I mentioned McBob's complaining a few weeks back. It REALLY gets old. Reminds me of Jackson's constant whining and complaining. McBob needs to get his whining and complaining under control.... ASAP.

Missed the game. Saw the box and the first thing I saw was that Boozer had a great game (statistically, at least). Then I saw Josh only played 15 minutes and thought "Wow, he must have fouled out." But he only had 3 fouls.

Then I saw Posey played 32 minutes, and I thought "Well Posey must have been killing it, to be worth keeping in the game despite Boozer going off on him. But the dude was 2-10 overall and 1-7 from 3.

I don't understand. Again, I didn't see the game, so maybe there's an explanation. But it seems like it might have been worth playing Tyler against Boozer to see what happened. DNP-CD? On a night when the starter gets 15 minutes?

Weird.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Play McRoberts and Price! BRushWithDeath's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    Again, I didn't see the game, so maybe there's an explanation.
    There's not.

Weird.
    Exactly.
    "I had to take her down like Chris Brown."

-Lance Stephenson

6. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to BRushWithDeath For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

Missed the game. Saw the box and the first thing I saw was that Boozer had a great game (statistically, at least). Then I saw Josh only played 15 minutes and thought "Wow, he must have fouled out." But he only had 3 fouls.

Then I saw Posey played 32 minutes, and I thought "Well Posey must have been killing it, to be worth keeping in the game despite Boozer going off on him. But the dude was 2-10 overall and 1-7 from 3.

I don't understand. Again, I didn't see the game, so maybe there's an explanation. But it seems like it might have been worth playing Tyler against Boozer to see what happened. DNP-CD? On a night when the starter gets 15 minutes?

Weird.
    My thoughts exactly as I was also too busy to actually watch the game.

I watched the game and saw how McBob, Solo, and Ford erased a 17 point deficit to a lead. Why wasn't he played? I looked at the box score this morning and I noticed McBob played a whopping 15 minutes while Jimmy's secuity blanket played 32 minutes. WHY? Posey had a horrible night shooting where McBob had 2 great put back dunks that energized the team. He was part of the team that brought the Pacers back with his play. I'm getting real fed up with Jimmy's security blanket stretch 4. Whoopie he takes a charge here and there, I guess that makes up for his 1-7 3 pt shooting. I witnessed another rarity of Posey's last night... a 2 pt basket. I'm not a big fan of McBob, but don't you ride the horse until it gives out when it is doing well? I guess Jimmy feels he needs his secuity blanket more than a player who has the team winning when he was playing.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Justin Tyme For This Useful Post:

A happy Roy is a good Roy DaveP63's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Tyme View Post
    I'm getting real fed up with Jimmy's security blanket stretch 4.
    Trademark that.
    http://www.grantland.com/blog/the-tr...nce-stephenson
    "But, first, let us now praise famous moments, because something happened Tuesday night in Indianapolis that you can watch a lifetime’s worth of professional basketball and never see again. There was a brief, and very decisive, and altogether unprecedented, outburst of genuine officiating, and it was directed at the best player in the world, and that, my dear young person, simply is not done."

Tyler Hansbrough while letting McRoberts and Posey split up the backup time.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

"I think about changing lineups every single day." – O'Brien.

Grown Man Ball

13. The Following User Says Thank You to SMosley21 For This Useful Post:

Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar

Wait, didn't the comeback happen while Posey was on the floor, not Josh?

Yeah, per the play-by-play, we were down 25-16 when Josh sat with 2:36 in the 1st and were back to within 1 33-32 when Josh came back in with 5:53 left in the 2nd.

Josh was then taken out when he got his third foul in the 2nd quarter - this is a NORMAL move by ANY coach.

Do you guys even notice who is on the floor or do you just see the highlights and extrapolate from there?
    BillS

"Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BillS For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BillS View Post
    Wait, didn't the comeback happen while Posey was on the floor, not Josh?

Yeah, per the play-by-play, we were down 25-16 when Josh sat with 2:36 in the 1st and were back to within 1 33-32 when Josh came back in with 5:53 left in the 2nd.

Josh was then taken out when he got his third foul in the 2nd quarter - this is a NORMAL move by ANY coach.

Do you guys even notice who is on the floor or do you just see the highlights and extrapolate from there?
    The Pacers were down by 20 before the comeback started, so he was on the court for 11 points of it.

Yes, it's a normal move by any coach. But he only ended up with 3 fouls, there are more to give...He could have come back in the fourth, in fact when Boozer was beating Posey up..that might have been a good time..

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Sookie For This Useful Post:

Mood

We got dominated in thr front court. We didn't even have guys rebounding half the game. This is the sight test for me. We only got outrebounded by 7, but my god did it seem like we couldn't buy a rebound with Posey in the game. Hibbert NEEEEEEEEDS another rebounder on the floor a lot more than we need another jump shooter.

You realize that comeback doesn't come close to accounting for the THIRTY TWO minutes he played, nor does it have anything to do with the second half of the game, right?

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:

Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    You realize that comeback doesn't come close to accounting for the THIRTY TWO minutes he played, nor does it have anything to do with the second half of the game, right?
    The argument was that Josh was responsible for the comeback and then was benched. That was what I responded to.
    BillS

"Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

I think what happened was that Posey was the key to the 2nd quarter comeback and then Obie just stuck with him a bit too long in the 2nd half because of his role in the 1st half. I don't think Obie would have stuck with him as long if he hadn't played so well in the first half.

Quote Originally Posted by rexnom View Post
    I think what happened was that Posey was the key to the 2nd quarter comeback and then Obie just stuck with him a bit too long in the 2nd half because of his role in the 1st half. I don't think Obie would have stuck with him as long if he hadn't played so well in the first half.
    Jim must have fell asleep.

Actually, I think he gave up on Roy and Josh. I believe Jim is confused and disturbed when he doesn't see the team improve even though Josh has been shooting great from the perimeter. ...and Jim disregards one of the symptoms of benching Tyler while pushing Josh out...that is, rebounding!

IOW, his strategic theories on what it takes to win basketball games are falling on their face. He needs to stop talking so much with his buddy McCarty and hire Dale Davis instead...

Seriously, Josh is not Robert Horry and this team needs more force in the paint than a finesse player like Hibbert. We cannot win games with a complete lack of toughness in the paint.