Thread: Cross Iguodala Off The List

Chairman of the Boards 90'sNBARocked's Avatar

Default Cross Iguodala Off The List

http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?story_id=18169
    By: Steve Kyler

Cross Iguodala Off The List: A number of NBA teams have made inquiries on the availability of Sixers' guard Andre Iguodala in trade and all of them were turned away according to 76ers sources.

The Sixers seem unwilling to entertain trade packages for Iggy according to a source that inquired about him recently, saying the team is exploring other ways to improve. Their stance is Iguodala is still a cornerstone player for the team and not on the market.

Having won five of their last 10 games, the Sixers are creeping up from the basement in the East and sniffing at the 8th seed. As Head Coach Doug Collins explains it, their improvements have been tied to Iguodala's buy-in.

"I think Andre is just starting to really hit his stride," Collins said to The Philadelphia Inquirer. "I really feel he is incredibly engaged with us right now. I think he feels good about what we are trying to get accomplished and where we are headed."

The Sixers have won five of their last seven games against middle tier opponents, but in that span Iguodala has scored an average of 13.4 points per game while grabbing 7.4 rebounds.

On the season Iguodala is averaging 14.1 points, 6.7 rebounds and 5.8 assists per game, while shooting 43.7% from the field and 33.3 % from three-point range.

Iguodala is slated to earn roughly $14.67 million this season and is owed $14.85 million in 2011-2012, $16.04 million in 2012-2013 and has an Early Termination Option in 2013-2014 worth $17.23 million.

Sources close to the situation said the Sixers are more open to adding a player or players to Iguodala rather than trading him.

A glance at the Sixers roster shows a team far more likely to package a couple of their younger players for a serious veteran rather than continuing to try and find playing time for a bench full of second- and third-year players.

15 Million for 14 points and 6 rebounds a game
    Sittin on top of the world!

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Cross Iguodala Off The List

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sNBARocked View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

With 5 assists and sterling defensive play

This article means nothing. It just means they aren't ready to deal him yet. I don't think this little mini hot streak Philly is on will last, and I fully anticipate on seeing Iguodala available come the deadline.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sNBARocked View Post
    http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?story_id=18169
    By: Steve Kyler

The guy can play a little ball. The stat game is the reason why we have DC instead of Troy Murphy.

I'll take Iggy any day, even if it meant giving up George and an expiring contract

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to thefeistyone For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Iggy is a bad mo fo. I don't care what the point totals look like. It's really closer to 14-6-6 ... the guy is regularly among the top of the league in games played, minutes, and steals. He plays very good defense, and can create his own shot. For Pacers fans, he's like Brandon Rush we've seen the last 15 games, except better at most things.

Secondly, this is more of "we're not getting what we want yet, so we'll wait" ploy more than being serious about keeping him.

It might be a ploy and later Iggy will be available. I just don't see the Pacers in the mix of trying to get him. I don't see the Pacers doing any trades b4 the trade deadline.

I hope posters realize that after the trade deadline passes teams aren't going to be making trades going into a lockout year, nor are any rookies or FA going to be signed until a new CBA is in effect.

Chairman of the Boards 90'sNBARocked's Avatar

I will agree that it doesnt necesarily mean they wont trade Iggy ( I think back to Donnie's flat denial , only to see Jalen Rose traded the next day)

But Philly is starting to win, and I dont think they feel confident at all in Turner so, might be some truth to that
    Sittin on top of the world!

15-5-5 in our system will be like 19 8 7 next to granger and hibbert if not more. I'm jus saying.

And not to put my vote for either side that I did say we might not actually get him and I still don't think it's a bad idea to have him

His assists would probably drop here because unless you can pass from the high post, you're generally asked to either attack, or pass-and-cut. I don't study Iggy, but I'm willing to believe he gets most of those assists off of dribble-attacks, and he'd get less of those here, I think, because he'd be encouraged to not force the issue as often and to instead pass-and-cut.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Andre Iguodala

12. The Following User Says Thank You to 1984 For This Useful Post:

BBQ

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    His assists would probably drop here because unless you can pass from the high post, you're generally asked to either attack, or pass-and-cut. I don't study Iggy, but I'm willing to believe he gets most of those assists off of dribble-attacks, and he'd get less of those here, I think, because he'd be encouraged to not force the issue as often and to instead pass-and-cut.
    I think a shooting guard would be allowed to drive and dish.

I'd love to get Iggy,

either a Iggy/Granger/Rush rotation, or a Iggy/Granger/Paul G. rotation would be quite nice for now, and the future.
    Last edited by Sookie; 12-14-2010 at 09:43 PM.