Thread: Possible brutal weather this weekend for games in Chicago, Buffalo, Pittsburgh

Default Possible brutal weather this weekend for games in Chicago, Buffalo, Pittsburgh

22 mph winds in Chicago with gusts to 40 mph(!), lesser wind in Buffalo and Pittsburgh (10 mph), cold all three places, chances of snow 40-60% all three places.

Chicago also has apparently the worst turf in the NFL and just re-sodded (as if new sod is going to "take"!)
    The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

Default Re: Possible brutal weather this weekend for games in Chicago, Buffalo, Pittsburgh

Chicago is now supposed to get rain starting on Saturday afternoon, and then a couple of inches of snow during the evening.

Sunday's high will be around 17 degrees -- in the morning. Winds will pick up with gusts to 45 mph and the temperatures will drop to single digits as evening approaches. This is where the game time change from 1 to 4:15 p.m. will factor in.

A fun time should be had by all.

http://www.chicagobreakingnews.com/2...ctic-cold.html
    The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

Default Re: Possible brutal weather this weekend for games in Chicago, Buffalo, Pittsburgh

And now the pundits will come out and shout how great this will be with the football gods smiling because of the elements. Nah, I hate to say it, but look out for the injuries after this one because of that crappy field.
    You know how hippos are made out to be sweet and silly, like big cows, but are actually extremely dangerous and can kill you with stunning brutality? The Pacers are the NBA's hippos....Matt Moore CBS Sports....

Yes the bad field is more of a concern than the cold. The crappy newly loose sod in Houston is what blew out Welker's knee, untouched by a defender, last year.