Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 60

Thread: Can Jermaine lead the Pacers to a title by 2010?

  1. #26
    Rebound King Kstat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Age
    32
    Posts
    28,140

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Can Jermaine lead the Pacers to a title by 2010?

    he reason people are so high on Detroit is because they beat an LA team that was hyped out of all proportion.
    ...or, maybe its because they won the NBA championsh- naaaah, coudlnt be....

    Detroit's a great team, but there isn't even any reason to suppose that they'd have beaten last year's Pacers if both teams were at full health.
    .....just like there isnt any reason to suppose they WOULDNT have beaten the Pacers if both teams were at full health....

    if I had a nickel for every time someone said that......

    This year's Pacers look more balanced, and they should improve internally more than Detroit will because their core players are younger.
    .......I'd be a rich man.


    I never said the Pacers didnt have a SHOT to knock the Pistons off, but the champs are still the champs. The Pistons earned the throne, the only way to prove the Pacers are the better team is to take it from them.

    It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

    Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

  2. #27
    flexible and robust SoupIsGood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Lappy Go Hucky
    Age
    26
    Posts
    17,540

    Default Re: Can Jermaine lead the Pacers to a title by 2010?

    Let's see...

    you guys have added Amal McCaskill, Derrick Coleman, Ronald Dupree, Antonio McDyess, and Carlos Delfino. and lost James, Okur, and Williamson... hmmm

    I don't think Coleman will be much of a factor, and I think Delfino will need a year to adjust. Dupree and McCaskill stink, IMO. So as far as immediate improvement/de-provement next year, it comes down to adding McDyess while losing James, Okur, and Williamson. Williamson was the only one there who played a lot, so I see it as a McD for Williamson exchange. I would say you probably break even there, because even if he plays a lot, I don't think he'll be as effective after all those injuries. (Edit - I'm speaking of McDyess, I wasn't too clear there.)

    So the Piston's are as good as last year, and just as deep, maybe deeper if they get lucky with dupree or Delfino, IMHO.
    [edit=424=1093826150][/edit]
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

  3. #28
    Member Sollozzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    16,991

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Can Jermaine lead the Pacers to a title by 2010?

    The Pistons are simply a better team than the Pacers are right now. There is absolutely nothing that should make anyone assume that the Pacers are a better team than the Pistons.

  4. #29
    Banned Destined4Greatness's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    1,668

    Default Re: Can Jermaine lead the Pacers to a title by 2010?

    Quote Originally Posted by PacerFanAdam
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The Pistons are simply a better team than the Pacers are right now. There is absolutely nothing that should make anyone assume that the Pacers are a better team than the Pistons.
    Logic

  5. #30
    Rebound King Kstat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Age
    32
    Posts
    28,140

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Can Jermaine lead the Pacers to a title by 2010?

    Quote Originally Posted by Destined4Greatness
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Quote Originally Posted by PacerFanAdam
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The Pistons are simply a better team than the Pacers are right now. There is absolutely nothing that should make anyone assume that the Pacers are a better team than the Pistons.
    Logic
    This isnt a haiku thread you know, your posts CAN be longer than 7 syllables in length........

    It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

    Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

  6. #31
    Banned Destined4Greatness's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    1,668

    Default Re: Can Jermaine lead the Pacers to a title by 2010?

    Like I have said before. The Pistons have sacrificed their power at the perimter(Something they already had been neglecting). So now any team that has strength on the perimeter can defeat them.

    If the Pacers stay healthy they will beat the Pistons.

  7. #32
    Rebound King Kstat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Age
    32
    Posts
    28,140

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Can Jermaine lead the Pacers to a title by 2010?

    Quote Originally Posted by Destined4Greatness
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Like I have said before. The Pistons have sacrificed their power at the perimter(Something they already had been neglecting). So now any team that has strength on the perimeter can defeat them.

    If the Pacers stay healthy they will beat the Pistons.
    ......And I already asked you exactly WHAT power on the perimeter did we sacrifice? Our 3rd string PG? Corliss Williamson was a perimeter player? Mehmet Okur was a perimeter defender? Did I miss a meeting or something?

    So basically what you're saying is, anybody can beat us, now that we lost MIKE JAMES?
    [edit=64=1093829576][/edit]

    It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

    Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

  8. #33
    flexible and robust SoupIsGood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Lappy Go Hucky
    Age
    26
    Posts
    17,540

    Default Re: Can Jermaine lead the Pacers to a title by 2010?

    Mike James is God! He was the reason you won it all, and if you can't see that you're a goofnugget.
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

  9. #34
    Rebound King Kstat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Age
    32
    Posts
    28,140

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Can Jermaine lead the Pacers to a title by 2010?

    Quote Originally Posted by SoupIsGood
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Mike James is God! He was the reason you won it all, and if you can't see that you're a goofnugget.
    The infadels are being destroyed as we speak!

    It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

    Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

  10. #35
    Banned Destined4Greatness's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    1,668

    Default Re: Can Jermaine lead the Pacers to a title by 2010?

    Well still ignoring me, thats what I thought.

  11. #36
    Banned Destined4Greatness's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    1,668

    Default Re: Can Jermaine lead the Pacers to a title by 2010?

    Yes the Pistons are Stronger, but only in Strength, not in talent. They lack depth in the 3 out of 5 positions, that is a stupid move. That is a fact, don't see how it needs backing up. Ohh they can shut down the paint, big deal if you are a team with strength on the perimeter.

    Now if thats not backed up, well you need a dictionary.

  12. #37
    Rebound King Kstat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Age
    32
    Posts
    28,140

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Can Jermaine lead the Pacers to a title by 2010?

    They lack depth in the 3 out of 5 positions, that is a stupid move.
    PG- backup-Lindsey Hunter (top-5 PG defender)

    SF-Carlos Delfino (would have been a lottery pick had he been drafted 2 months ago)

    PF-Antonio McDyess/Derrick COleman

    C-Elden Campbell/Darko Milicic

    Seems to me we have pretty good depth at FOUR positions, and if you're a Dupree fan like me, then we have all FIVE bases covered.

    now as for the second part, what exactly was the "stupid move?"

    -not signing Okur to a $50 million deal?

    -trading Williamson, who had 3 years left on his deal at $7 million per, when Prince is up for renewal this summer?

    -Letting our 3rd-string PG go?

    Ohh they can shut down the paint, big deal if you are a team with strength on the perimeter.
    Yep, we can shut down the paint, BIG DEAL, lol

    Newsflash: we can shut down on the PERIMETER too, we were one of the top teams at defending the three last year..just ask Michael Redd and Kobe Bryant....

    Now if thats not backed up, well you need a dictionary.
    Uhh...what?

    It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

    Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

  13. #38
    MZahm
    Guest

    Default Re: Can Jermaine lead the Pacers to a title by 2010?

    ...or, maybe its because they won the NBA championsh- naaaah, coudlnt be....
    Yeah, part of it is because they won the championship, but they're getting more hype than they deserve. San Antonio, Minnesota and Indiana are just as strong. Giving the champions respect is all well and good, but people generally go overboard with it. Repeating is a lot harder than winning it once, just ask Tim Duncan.

    .....just like there isnt any reason to suppose they WOULDNT have beaten the Pacers if both teams were at full health....
    True, it's not really possible to say which is the stronger team unless they both stay reasonably injury free.

    if I had a nickel for every time someone said that......

    This year's Pacers look more balanced, and they should improve internally more than Detroit will because their core players are younger.
    .......I'd be a rich man.
    Your point being?


    I never said the Pacers didnt have a SHOT to knock the Pistons off, but the champs are still the champs. The Pistons earned the throne, the only way to prove the Pacers are the better team is to take it from them.
    I can't disagree. My point is just that a lot of people talk as if Detroit is head and shoulders above the rest of the league/the Pacers and I totally disagree.

  14. #39
    Banned Fool's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    2,408

    Default Re: Can Jermaine lead the Pacers to a title by 2010?

    You all seem to have had a nice little Pacer/Piston debate without me so I won't try to jump in the middle. I will just add this one little thing on the outside of the conversation.

    Darko should never be written off after one year by fans of a team which 1) owes its recent success to a guy who languished under veterans for 4 years and 2) has kept a 7 foot sg on the roster for 5 years hoping he will one day fulfill the potential many see in him.

    There is really no telling if players like Darko/Bender/J.O. will ever be anything after just one season on the bench.

    [edit=390=1093882210][/edit]

  15. #40
    MZahm
    Guest

    Default Re: Can Jermaine lead the Pacers to a title by 2010?

    Saying that there's nothing to choose between the Pistons and Pacers is having an inferiority complex?

    It sounds like someone needs to stop using words and phrases that they don't understand.

    And exactly what makes you say that Detroit is so much better than the rest of the league?

  16. #41
    MZahm
    Guest

    Default Re: Can Jermaine lead the Pacers to a title by 2010?

    I don't resent Detroit getting respect at all. I'm glad that someone in the East finally is and I like the way Detroit play ball, so other than Pacers and probably the Spurs, there isn't any other team which I'd rather have getting all this respect. All I said is that anyone who sees an obvious gap between any of the top 4 that I mentioned is either a genius, biased or confused. And for the record, I'm not the least bit concerned about how the Pacers are perceived by the same people who thought the Lakers had a legitimate chance of sweeping Detroit.

    I missed the "most" in your sentence. My mistake.

    As for throwing mud, you jumped to a conclusion and made a smug quip. I shot it down. That's all. I'm not interested in trolling.

  17. #42
    Banned Destined4Greatness's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    1,668

    Default Re: Can Jermaine lead the Pacers to a title by 2010?

    I don't care what any Pistons trolls say.

    Having 5 guards, 2 of which are rookies. And one of which had no room for improvement but ptoentially declining. Is a stupid.

    Not to mention have 2 centers who are in their late thirties. and another one who is crap. Is not smart, unless Wallace can play 48 minutes.

  18. #43

    Default Re: Can Jermaine lead the Pacers to a title by 2010?

    "Can Jermaine lead the Pacers to a title by 2010?"

    If we want to get technical, yes, he can.

  19. #44
    Rebound King Kstat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Age
    32
    Posts
    28,140

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Can Jermaine lead the Pacers to a title by 2010?

    Quote Originally Posted by Destined4Greatness
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't care what any Pistons trolls say.

    Having 5 guards, 2 of which are rookies. And one of which had no room for improvement but ptoentially declining. Is a stupid.

    Not to mention have 2 centers who are in their late thirties. and another one who is crap. Is not smart, unless Wallace can play 48 minutes.

    First of all, your behavior on this forum is befitting of a troll more than anyone else that hasn't already been banned.

    Secondly, exactly who are the TWO rookies we have in our backcourt? Funny, I can't think of ANY

    It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

    Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

  20. #45
    Banned Destined4Greatness's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    1,668

    Default Re: Can Jermaine lead the Pacers to a title by 2010?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kstat
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Quote Originally Posted by Destined4Greatness
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't care what any Pistons trolls say.

    Having 5 guards, 2 of which are rookies. And one of which had no room for improvement but ptoentially declining. Is a stupid.

    Not to mention have 2 centers who are in their late thirties. and another one who is crap. Is not smart, unless Wallace can play 48 minutes.

    First of all, your behavior on this forum is befitting of a troll more than anyone else that hasn't already been banned.

    Secondly, exactly who are the TWO rookies we have in our backcourt? Funny, I can't think of ANY
    Oh those guys have not signed yet. So they have what 3, 4 gaurds that even dumber. Thanks for helping me prove your team is stupid by the way.
    [edit=535=1094089397]Post false fact, wanted to correct[/edit]

  21. #46
    flexible and robust SoupIsGood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Lappy Go Hucky
    Age
    26
    Posts
    17,540

    Default Re: Can Jermaine lead the Pacers to a title by 2010?

    Yeah the pistons are so dumb, they must have won that championship by accident or something.
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

  22. #47
    Banned Destined4Greatness's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    1,668

    Default Re: Can Jermaine lead the Pacers to a title by 2010?

    I have been contending their offseason has been stupid. Do you know which came first. I mean seriously that was a pathetica attempt to change the argument. Just pathetic.

  23. #48
    Rebound King Kstat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Age
    32
    Posts
    28,140

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Can Jermaine lead the Pacers to a title by 2010?

    Can anyone make sense out of that?

    You still haven't answered my question yet: who are the two rookies in the Pistons backcourt?
    [edit=64=1094091005][/edit]

    It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

    Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

  24. #49
    flexible and robust SoupIsGood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Lappy Go Hucky
    Age
    26
    Posts
    17,540

    Default Re: Can Jermaine lead the Pacers to a title by 2010?

    Yeah that makes no sense.

    Do i know which came first? I say the chicken, but some will swear it was the egg. We will never know, I suppose.
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

  25. #50

    Default Re: Can Jermaine lead the Pacers to a title by 2010?

    The egg came first...Dinosaurs/other animals that were born from eggs came way before chickens.

    If you believe in that stuff.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •