Thread: thoughts on the season

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default thoughts on the season

I just thought that i would give my 2 cents on this season. What we have here is the classic case of the Super Bowl hangover. Historically, the team that loses the Super Bowl, struggles the next season. It is an unexplainable phenomenom. As Colts fans, we were just to stubborn to think that it would happen to us, but it has.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: thoughts on the season

Quote Originally Posted by bhaas0532 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I just thought that i would give my 2 cents on this season. What we have here is the classic case of the Super Bowl hangover. Historically, the team that loses the Super Bowl, struggles the next season. It is an unexplainable phenomenom. As Colts fans, we were just to stubborn to think that it would happen to us, but it has.
    It is really easy to explain the reason why the Colts are struggling. It is not because of some unexplainable phenomenon. It is because we have been crippled with injuries to key players and our offensive line is atrocious.

Most Colts fans cannot think that we have other good players on this team like Clark and Collie. To them Peyton is this infallible deity that sits on LOS and makes everyone on the Colts team.

Fat, Drunk and Stupid Lord Helmet's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Be nice if we had a coach that actually coached, too.
    Super Bowl XLI Champions
    2000 Eastern Conference Champions

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Lord Helmet For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by thewholefnshow31 View Post
    It is really easy to explain the reason why the Colts are struggling. It is not because of some unexplainable phenomenon. It is because we have been crippled with injuries to key players and our offensive line is atrocious.

Most Colts fans cannot think that we have other good players on this team like Clark and Collie. To them Peyton is this infallible deity that sits on LOS and makes everyone on the Colts team.

I think the Colts have some great players but at the same time I also think that this team goes as Peyton does. That's what happens when you build around one player in the NFL and its never a good idea no matter how good he is. However I also think this team is falling apart other than bad coaching is that lack of depth especially at the O-Line has come back to haunt us.

As Manning gets older its going to be harder for him to pull these things out... This is where coaching comes in and frankly Caldwell sucks.

Yeah we went 14-0 last season but how many actually believe Caldwell was a part of it beyond just standing on the sidelines? I'm still scratching my head over that one.

Quote Originally Posted by bhaas0532 View Post
    Except if you're the Steelers in which case you miss the playoffs after you win the SB

Sports Logo Sports Logo

I've always heard it called the Super Bowl Swoon. It seems to happen every year and it usually hits the team that lost the Super Bowl harder than the team that won it but sometimes both teams end up being snake-bit the following season.

In the case of the Colts, they have just been decimated with injuries and Peyton hasn't learned to adjust yet. He's still throwing the ball around like it's 2006-09. He needs to be a checkdown type QB and he's going to have to avoid throwing into double-coverage expecting the Wideout to make a spectacular play each time.
    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81
    Larry is not coming back, he didn't have a meeting with Orlando for not reason, yeah he is coming back to the NBA but not to the Pacers, the notion that he is a taking a year off and then come back is absurd.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    GOOD GOD THAT'S LARRY BIRD'S MUSIC!

Quote Originally Posted by naptownmenace View Post
    I've always heard it called the Super Bowl Swoon. It seems to happen every year and it usually hits the team that lost the Super Bowl harder than the team that won it but sometimes both teams end up being snake-bit the following season.

In the case of the Colts, they have just been decimated with injuries and Peyton hasn't learned to adjust yet. He's still throwing the ball around like it's 2006-09. He needs to be a checkdown type QB and he's going to have to avoid throwing into double-coverage expecting the Wideout to make a spectacular play each time.

Well this apparently doesn't apply to the Seahawks and Cardinals who both went to the playoffs after their SB loss, the Steelers however ended up missing it.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Basketball Fan For This Useful Post: