Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pacers raptors postgame

Banned

Default Pacers raptors postgame

Brandon Rush looked amazing, really not much to take for a game like this, is nice to know that we are not as bad as the Raptors.

Default Re: check

Ahh there we go. Not sure why it wouldn't let me make a new thread?

My thoughts on this travesty of a game...

Jim O'brien sucks, I can't believe he didn't play AJ and Hansbrough until garbage time. He should just have them not dress instead of insult them like this with such disrespectful garbage time.

Dunleavy sucks, more PG plzzz??!

Hansbrough needs to be our starting PF! In fact, he is our MVP but our dumb coach just doesn't see how much talent he has!!!

GRRR!!!

Why can't Jim see what everyone else in the whole universe sees plain as day!!?? We need to fire him now and hire Mark Jackson ASAP!

hehe JK

That was such an awesome game to watch... I love blowouts, and there just have not been enough these last 4 years.

There were so many guys that played superb tonight, I don't know who I would give the player of the game to. Josh has to be considered, but I thought Mike played about as well as he is capable of tonight as well.

This game has made me think that maybe this team wasn't just an early flash in the pan like last year. I hope so... They need to stay above .500 and start dominating like this every game.
    Last edited by PaceBalls; 12-06-2010 at 09:50 PM.

Banned

Default Re: check

Quote Originally Posted by Thingfish View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    mate?
    Is easier to open a thread if you don't write too much.

crazy shinaniganz BringJackBack's Avatar

Default Re: Pacers raptors postgame

It is nice to see every single player play pretty well, and Josh McRoberts is really starting to look more comfortable out there. BRush needs to play like this all the time, and we all know that he can.

Really great bounceback right there, and lets look on to Miluakee and try to get one there.
    Last edited by BringJackBack; 12-06-2010 at 09:48 PM.

3rd quarter really made me nervous

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Soloman is impressing me. I really can't believe it, the most cancerous player, hands down, on the team to start the year. If I told you the he'd be playing solid D 14 games in would you believe it? He has proven to have great closeout speed and os challenging everything. He really gets on people when the ball is in the air, and is showing signs of developing good rebounding skills. I hope he is starting to finally get it because his length and athleticism has been a nice x-factor off the bench.

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Noodle For This Useful Post:

It is ka Thankee sai Major Cold's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

McRelevant.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Major Cold For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

im not gonna be shocked at all if Obrien wins coach of the year... how rediculous will that be.. then were stuck with him for another 2 seasons.

its the only negative i can think of right now with this team playing better than expected.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PacersPride For This Useful Post:

I don't have a bad thing to say about anyone tonight... not TJ, not Dunleavy, not Obie.

While it's hard to make a case for more PT based on his play in garbage minutes, I'll say that AJ didn't do anything out there to make me want to see less of him. His pass to Rush for 3 was pretty.

Toronto's announcers said Granger and Tyler were "having words." Anybody know about that?
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Exclamation Re: Pacers raptors postgame

Quote Originally Posted by EmCeE View Post
    Soloman is impressing me. I really can't believe it, the most cancerous player, hands down, on the team to start the year. If I told you the he'd be playing solid D 14 games in would you believe it? He has proven to have great closeout speed and os challenging everything. He really gets on people when the ball is in the air, and is showing signs of developing good rebounding skills. I hope he is starting to finally get it because his length and athleticism has been a nice x-factor off the bench.

Question for everyone............

Anyone else notice Solo's more motivated play of late coinciding with the exchange of words he had with Lance .. Seems to me like it was the next game he got floortime after that incident , that he started playing with a bit of a chip on his shoulder ...

Quote Originally Posted by naptownmenace View Post
    Plumlee reminds me of a young Dale Davis. Good rebounding and he contests shots well on defense and his offensive game is very raw just like DD's was coming out of college.
    "If my answers frighten you, then you should cease asking scary questions."

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Kemo For This Useful Post:

Mood

I really like Dunleavy shooting that jumper from the top of the key. He shoots that a very high percentage.

Quote Originally Posted by Kemo View Post

Anyone else notice Solo's more motivated play of late coinciding with the exchange of words he had with Lance .. Seems to me like it was the next game he got floortime after that incident , that he started playing with a bit of a chip on his shoulder ...

He is more motivated because this is his "stay in the league season". Contract years and mediocre players = motivation.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    I don't have a bad thing to say about anyone tonight... not TJ, not Dunleavy, not Obie.

While it's hard to make a case for more PT based on his play in garbage minutes, I'll say that AJ didn't do anything out there to make me want to see less of him. His pass to Rush for 3 was pretty.

Toronto's announcers said Granger and Tyler were "having words." Anybody know about that?
    i thought they said granger and collison, but don't know about what...

Quote Originally Posted by Kemo View Post

I was thinking it correlated more with the Hawks game. That was the first game he really started showing signs of noticeable improvement and he hasn't slacked off since then. Maybe playing against his former team gave him a little needed boost?

Mood

Josh was fantastic tonight.

Mood

"Brandon has a beautiful shot. Larry Bird said to him a couple of weeks ago, 'You're playing like the guy I thought I drafted.' He's playing great.''
    -- Pacers coach Jim O'Brien

http://www.nba.com/games/20101206/TORIND/gameinfo.html
    Last edited by gummy; 12-06-2010 at 11:21 PM.
    "Freedom is nothing else but a chance to be better." - Albert Camus

"Appreciation is a wonderful thing. It makes what is excellent in others belong to us as well." - Voltaire

Michael Pina, Red94: "There are so many different ways the Pacers can beat you. They have an All-Star scoring threat, imposing figures on the front line, steady point guard play, and most importantly, a defense that'll choke the life out of just about every offense that crosses its path."

21. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to gummy For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

Quote Originally Posted by gummy View Post
    "Brandon has a beautiful shot. Larry Bird said to him a couple of weeks ago, 'You're playing like the guy I thought I drafted.' He's playing great.''
    Dang. It is great to know that the FO has gained their confidence back in Rush. Remember when Bird didn't refer to him as part of the core?

I feel great for Rush. I am starting to believe that he can keep it up.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by BringJackBack View Post
    Dang. It is great to know that the FO has gained their confidence back in Rush. Remember when Bird didn't refer to him as part of the core?

I feel great for Rush. I am starting to believe that he can keep it up.
    I'm starting to believe he experienced a Drew Brees in 2004-esque wake-up call when we drafted George.
    Last edited by Day-V; 12-06-2010 at 11:17 PM. Reason: wrong year

Quote Originally Posted by Day-V View Post
    I'm starting to believe he experienced a Drew Brees in 2005-esque wake-up call when we drafted George.
    I think that when George was drafted, Rush started putting in more work, if you read his tweets. Then I think the suspension from smoking pot was his wake-up call and lit a fire under his behind. Imagine all of the people calling him telling him to get his crap straight. Remember when he was deemed by some as the next Paul Pierce out of KU?

I bet he spent a couple good hours hearing our reactions about the suspension on PD too. He put hard work in, and as Clark said early in the season, we are very suprised by his improvement.

I was starting to think that Brandon was going to take a Kareem Rush-esque downhill slope in production, minutes and such. Boy was I wrong, and that makes me happy.

Again though, he has to stay consistent and keep attacking the basket.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to BringJackBack For This Useful Post:

A lot of players make jumps in their third years. Roy Hibbert is another example. Whatever the reason, I don't care. He's playing great and I'm thrilled with it. His game is much better this year and he is a big reason for our success.

27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:

I give this guy a lot of crap, so I want to say this..I thought TJ played a very underrated and very good game tonight. He made good decisions, he ran the offense well, limited his mistakes, didn't take bad shots..just a good smart game from him.

Brandon..I said this in the other thread. I was hoping he'd come back this year with one of two things, either a midrange game, or being able to finish his drive to the basket. And he came back able to do both. I'm going to watch to see how his jumper is off the dribble, but I don't think it's been bad.

29. The Following User Says Thank You to Sookie For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by gummy View Post

http://www.nba.com/games/20101206/TORIND/gameinfo.html
    Apparently JO'B has never read the "Brandon Rush is not a good shooter" thread.
    "A man with no belly has no appetite for life."

- Salman Rushdie

31. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to OakMoses For This Useful Post:

When Leandro Barbosa is guarding Danny Granger for more than 10 minutes a night like he did tonight, you are doomed from the start if you're the Raptors. Even if this game was close Danny could have scored every single time down the court if he had to.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by mellifluous View Post
    Apparently JO'B has never read the "Brandon Rush is not a good shooter" thread.
    "Freedom is nothing else but a chance to be better." - Albert Camus

"Appreciation is a wonderful thing. It makes what is excellent in others belong to us as well." - Voltaire

Michael Pina, Red94: "There are so many different ways the Pacers can beat you. They have an All-Star scoring threat, imposing figures on the front line, steady point guard play, and most importantly, a defense that'll choke the life out of just about every offense that crosses its path."

Quote Originally Posted by EmCeE View Post
    I'm going to get torched for saying this, but oh well.

If Solo plays this way consistently (I know, it's hard to do and yet to be seen, but assume it happens), is anyone against him being back next year at a salary similar to the one he currently has?

That's an insanely cheap contract for a guy who's showing he's actually useful.

And on a side note, it was nice to see guys actually running the floor with DC and not leave him stranded. The guy wants to run. People need to run with him, people besides JMAC. DC will get Rush, Granger, Dunleavy open shots if they'll run with him.
    Stop quoting people I have on ignore!

35. The Following User Says Thank You to Psyren For This Useful Post: