Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: 76ers Attempting To Trade Iguodala

Default Re: 76ers Attempting To Trade Iguodala

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Ok here is my trade to make sookie, pacerspride and me happy

Philladelphia sends: Iguadola 13mil+ Nocioni 6.8

Indiana send: Dunleavy 10mil + Ford 8mil+ PG
    If Philly's all about trimming salary, I could see that (and clap for it). I'm not sure how (or how much) Nocioni would be used, but better him than Brand.

Good point about no needin to resign dun if we get ai. And if we got ai and price or dc go down so what or starters can more than accomodate for the lack of point plus it'll jus make us work through hibbert more and maybe play a zone defense.

And on the wing situation. Have you guys forgotten we still have inferno for another year and lance can play spot minutes too. Plus were playing in the eastern conference and how far do you expect to go this year even without injuries I mean the only team currently we can beat in the playoffs is the hawks really maybe Orlando, if were lucky.

But you know what. What if we spend countless posts on iggy or whoever and we still have the same roster next year. We would look like idiots talking about iggy for the majority of the season and we don't get him. I'm jus saying. So my question is what do you guys think would be the likelihood that we actually try, and actually pull the trade off?

Quote Originally Posted by King Phoenix View Post

But you know what. What if we spend countless posts on iggy or whoever and we still have the same roster next year. We would look like idiots talking about iggy for the majority of the season and we don't get him. I'm jus saying. So my question is what do you guys think would be the likelihood that we actually try, and actually pull the trade off?
    I would hope that we'd try..it's just plain stupid not to try.

btw, we don't need Dun, but I'd like him. He's a good fit for the team, IMO. So if he'll sign for cheap, I'd keep him around as our fourth wing.

I like Dahntay a lot. But I think Rush makes him completely expendable. I like having Dahntay around, but he makes a good cheerleader. Dun brings something different to the team. So like I said, if we got Iggy, our wing rotation would be
    starters, Iggy danny
    Backup, Dun and either Rush or PG (whichever we don't trade) With the latter getting a majority of the backup minutes.

Banned

I am watching the Philly/Celtics game and Andre Iguadola is looking good, lets make the trade today.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I am watching the Philly/Celtics game and Andre Iguadola is looking good, lets make the trade today.
    14pts, 5rebs, 11ast, 2stls and Awesome Attacking The Rim Down The Stretch (Off The Dribble) All Would Be Welcome Here.

Banned
    Mood

Some more Iguodala talk from Ric Bucher's chat:

Jason (Orlando)
    What would it take to get Iggy in a Magic uni?? VC and Gortat?Ric Bucher (1:29 PM)
    I heard Orlando explored that and offered Redick and Gortat. Vince and Gortat, I suspect, would get it done. Even though coaching Vince might cause Doug Collins to faint a half-dozen more times this season.
    goyo. keizer, oregon [via mobile]
    Can the Blazers trade for Andre igaduala "Iggy" trade away miller and pryzbilla & a first rounder? Or who can Portland get to improve?

Ric Bucher (1:48 PM)
    Heard they offered Batum and Przybilla for Iguodala and Philly didn't bite. My sense is they'll move Roy before they move Miller.
    On a side-note, who here would be willing to take a gamble on Brandon Roy if he became available?

Mood

If somehow we could turn Dunleavy and Ford into Iggy I'd have to do that. Adding Rush as a sweetner would that their 1st rounder unprotected though.

Quote Originally Posted by GrangeRusHibbert View Post

On a side-note, who here would be willing to take a gamble on Brandon Roy if he became available?
    I'd be upset if we didn't try really hard to get him here. I don"t have cable this year, so no ESPN in the mornings. So, i have to ask, why would getting Brandon Roy be considered a gamble?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Erik View Post
    I'd be upset if we didn't try really hard to get him here. I don"t have cable this year, so no ESPN in the mornings. So, i have to ask, why would getting Brandon Roy be considered a gamble?
    His knees are bad, they don't expect him to play at a high level anymore, people are comparing him to Hardaway, I almost forgot, his contract is bigger than Danny's.

His knees are bad, they don't expect him to play at a high level anymore, people are comparing him to Hardaway, I almost forgot, his contract is bigger than Danny's.
    He was my favorite player to watch outside of Indiana. I never got to see much of him being on the West Coast. That sucks.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

He was my favorite player to watch outside of Indiana. I never got to see much of him being on the West Coast. That sucks.
    he doesnt have a medicus in his knee. so every time he jumps and land he has no cusion to break the fall. He will never be the same. He now has to be a spot up shooter. He just has a lot of pain anytime he does anything really. sad

Quote Originally Posted by GrangeRusHibbert View Post
    From what I've heard, nope. Not only is his knee bad, but I heard that there's no further surgery that can be done on it; it is what it is. I would only get him for cheap and to be a supporting member of the team, not a star.

Well he's a guy who's shot near 48% the last 2 seasons scoring 22 points per game with 5 rebounds and 5 assists.

This year he has knee problems and is at 16 points per game and on 39% shooting. He's also missed a few games, and it isn't getting better, as in December he's at 14 PPG, on 35% shooting.

And there's this:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slu...sinjuries11810

The guard will miss the next two games with soreness in his left knee – a knee that has grown worse and worse. There’s damage and deterioration, and two league sources with direct knowledge of the medical prognosis on Roy say his days as an NBA All-Star, a franchise player, are probably over.

“There’s no real hope of it improving,” one league source with direct knowledge of the medical prognosis told Yahoo! Sports on Wednesday. “It’s just about trying to manage it now. He’s not going to be the franchise superstar that [Portland] thought he would be. This isn’t something they consider ‘fixable.’ ”

The Blazers have gathered multiple medical opinions on Roy, but there’s been no clear consensus, no course of action. The scenarios are still wide open. The team could try another surgery. They could limit his minutes, his games, his back-to-back appearances. All of those things are being discussed and likely will be implemented sooner than later. They keep taking Roy to more doctors, but there remains one thing that no one can offer for the beleaguered left knee: a solution.

Another source privy to the discussions between Blazers management, Roy and the doctors, simply says: “It’s bad and it’s not getting better.”