Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 76ers Attempting To Trade Iguodala

Default Re: 76ers Attempting To Trade Iguodala

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If anything...it's dis-heartening that the Pacers aren't mentioned as suitors that have contacted them ( other then rumors that place the Pacers as logical candidates to do so ).
    Don't throw away that heart; it's uncommon for a team that eventually makes a significant trade to be mentioned as the primary suitor early on. In fact, my reaction was, "Well, now I'm more hopeful that Iggy's going to be traded (by next summer,) but it probably won't be to Cleveland" (which I didn't expect anyway).

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

If we could get away with it I'd rather give up PG than give up BRush simply because I know that BRush is more than capable of being a high quality backup to Iguodala RIGHT NOW and I don't know how long it will take PG to get there or where he'll top out. Of course if we could swing this without giving up PG or Rush that would be fantastic, but I don't see how we can do it unless/until the Sixers are desperate to move Iguodala. Hell, even if they are desperate I still don't see how an expiring platter and pick would get it done, especially since I think the pick wouldn't be all that good.

A Granger/Iguodala/Rush wing rotation would be grrrreat!
    Last edited by gummy; 12-07-2010 at 07:37 PM.
    "Freedom is nothing else but a chance to be better." - Albert Camus

"Appreciation is a wonderful thing. It makes what is excellent in others belong to us as well." - Voltaire

Michael Pina, Red94: "There are so many different ways the Pacers can beat you. They have an All-Star scoring threat, imposing figures on the front line, steady point guard play, and most importantly, a defense that'll choke the life out of just about every offense that crosses its path."

Omg some of you are to stuck in being a pacer fan you don't realize a steal when you see it. Since traderjoe and everyone else always talks about 2k11, tell me the ratings of iggy and then rush and then tell me who's the better player.

Plus iggy is one year older than rush and is way better overall
    about a month ago half of you were ready to pack his bags for him now he shows some flashes of doing what he SHOULD be doing and then you rather not get a top 25 player in the league with probably the top 10-15 athletic ability.....

Now be honest, if the table was switched (contract, city, trade rumor) and you had iggy and the pacers talk about trading rush would you do it?

NNOOOOOO!!!! and don't lie either!

Come on think of the best picture shoot and see of you can jones in...either one but another point I haven't heard if Philly is jus tryna dump salary and make the trade to us. They're not gonna keep dun and if we still want him we can resign him in the summer...so we jus basically steal their best player for a draft and role player!

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to King Phoenix For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by King Phoenix View Post
    Omg some of you are to stuck in being a pacer fan you don't realize a steal when you see it. Since traderjoe and everyone else always talks about 2k11, tell me the ratings of iggy and then rush and then tell me who's the better player.

about a month ago half of you were ready to pack his bags for him now he shows some flashes of doing what he SHOULD be doing and then you rather not get a top 25 player in the league with probably the top 10-15 athletic ability.....

Now be honest, if the table was switched (contract, city, trade rumor) and you had iggy and the pacers talk about trading rush would you do it?

Come on think of the best picture shoot and see of you can jones in...either one but another point I haven't heard if Philly is jus tryna dump salary and make the trade to us. They're not gonna keep dun and if we still want him we can resign him in the summer...so we jus basically steal their best player for a draft and role player!
    It's not that I don't like Iguodala, I'm just in perpetual fear of a Brad Miller-situation arising with one of our other core guys (specifically Roy or DC).

Quote Originally Posted by rexnom View Post
    It's not that I don't like Iguodala, I'm just in perpetual fear of a Brad Miller-situation arising with one of our other core guys (specifically Roy or DC).
    Who knows what the future will hold. If this opportunity arises to improve the team in such a significant way, then you've gotta do it. I just think he would play so well with Danny. To have two guys that young and that proven would be huge!

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Omg some of you are to stuck in being a pacer fan you don't realize a steal when you see it. Since traderjoe and everyone else always talks about 2k11,
    Huh?

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    Huh?
    I remember a fee times u telling people this isn't 2k11 and you can't make random trades. Wasn't anything personal you were the first name my mind associated with that, that's all.

Sports Logo

I don't disagree with what you're saying. But are you cool with getting Iggy if it meant giving up PG ( not BRush ) along with an Expiring+1st round pick ( assuming that it's just a straight up swap along with Expiring filler )?

Realistically, IF the Sixers...much less any Team that would rebuild...were interested in moving Iggy....it will be for a Prospect and/or Player with a potentially high ceiling...not a Role Player / Starter on a Bad team. Add in that it would make more sense for the Sixers to get a SF to play next to Turner whose more of a SG then a SF and BRush doesn't make as much sense.

I have no problem with that cuz I'm not attached to PG....but are you?
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

A young player plus a 1st round pick is more than enough to get Iguodala, I think. I wouldn't offer both. One or the other. A 2nd rounder is enough as sweetener.

Rush or George + Foster or Dun + 2nd rounder should do it.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cordobes For This Useful Post:

2k ratings are worthless, Mcroberts is still a 56.

Quote Originally Posted by cordobes View Post
    A young player plus a 1st round pick is more than enough to get Iguodala, I think. I wouldn't offer both. One or the other. A 2nd rounder is enough as sweetener.

I'd switch it for TJ though.

1. I don't want to give them all of our wings
    2. They probably don't want to take Foster..and it'd be nice for Foster to stay here until retirement..(which should be soon..)
    3. I want to get rid of TJ.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by cordobes View Post

If that would do it, I'd be all the **** over it.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to xBulletproof For This Useful Post:

Yeah, I forgot Ford was the other expiring, they could pick him instead. I'd put a premium on Dunleavy because he'd still be quite useful.

Foster could negotiate a buyout. I'd rather see him joining a contender if he's still able to play 15 minutes every night - the Lakers could use him, Utah could use him, Miami could use him. He could sign with Indy for a NG minimum salary the following year if retiring for them is essential for him.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Sookie View Post
    I'd switch it for TJ though.

1. I don't want to give them all of our wings
    2. They probably don't want to take Foster..and it'd be nice for Foster to stay here until retirement..(which should be soon..)
    3. I want to get rid of TJ.
    i have to ask if it has more to do with you wanting to see AJ play, i think your in the majority there, but we dont have to deal Ford just to make that happen, a light bulb can go on over obriens head and he can simply insert price instead of ford.

we have more wings than hooters for crying out loud. the point im trying to make is.. if we include ford, and either price or DC goes down.. were . im okay with shipping Dun, he would not really be needed anyways, we can play Posey, Rush, Jones, and even LS if needed.

i think were going to be contending for a playoff spot, and losing either pg will hurt our chances significantly. ford is what ford is.. but we need the depth at pg, just in case.

Quote Originally Posted by PacersPride View Post
    either price or DC goes down.. were .
    I don't understand this line of thinking. Seriously the only teams where the starter and back-up can go down and be ok are either crappy teams where a 3rd string player can be as good as the starter because the starter sucked to begin with or teams that are lucky to be able to go 3 deep. Not to mention how unlikely it is for both players to go down with injury.

To not trade a guy because you are worried that unlikely injuries are going to happen is more likely to cause the team to miss out on a championship than missing out on the championship because of injuries to your first two PG's.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Eleazar For This Useful Post:

i have to ask if it has more to do with you wanting to see AJ play, i think your in the majority there, but we dont have to deal Ford just to make that happen, a light bulb can go on over obriens head and he can simply insert price instead of ford.

we have more wings than hooters for crying out loud. the point im trying to make is.. if we include ford, and either price or DC goes down.. were . im okay with shipping Dun, he would not really be needed anyways, we can play Posey, Rush, Jones, and even LS if needed.

i think were going to be contending for a playoff spot, and losing either pg will hurt our chances significantly. ford is what ford is.. but we need the depth at pg, just in case.
    If we traded 2 wings, then we're down to 3. If one of them gets hurt, we're in trouble there..unless you include Posey..which I don't, because he's our backup 4... (I'm just excluding Lance from either) Not to mention, of all the vets, If Dun wants to stay for a lower price, it wouldn't shock me if we gave him a contract. He's the one I hope we don't trade..unless we have too.

But essentially, I like the idea of having a four win rotation with Iggy/Granger/Dun and either Rush or PG. For now and for the future. (so long as Dun is the fourth wing in the rotation..but he can still get time..)

Sure, we're going to trade TJ eventually, do you really think we'll get a pg in return? I don't see it..

... we have more wings than hooters for crying out loud.
    Nice. And to think that many guys cry out loud to see more hoo ... ah, never mind.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Eleazar View Post
    I don't understand this line of thinking. Seriously the only teams where the starter and back-up can go down and be ok are either crappy teams where a 3rd string player can be as good as the starter because the starter sucked to begin with or teams that are lucky to be able to go 3 deep. Not to mention how unlikely it is for both players to go down with injury.

To not trade a guy because you are worried that unlikely injuries are going to happen is more likely to cause the team to miss out on a championship than missing out on the championship because of injuries to your first two PG's.
    well i didnt intend to complicate matters. okay, lets Deal Ford then.. April.. hypothetically speaking rolls around and Price injures something and is out for a month, possibly two. then what, we play DC 40 minutes a game in the playoffs.. and are left with LS to backup DC. not a great idea if you ask me.

relax, im not suggesting we miss out on trading for a championship caliber player, if philly WANTS TJ that badly then im cool with it, but the redundancy at the wing position is really not needed if we go and add Iguodala.

AI, Rush, DJ, LS, Granger, Posey (who can play the SF position), thats 6 guys to man 2 positions.. keep Dunleavy and its 7 total.

i guess i dont understand your line of thinking.. you want 7 players for two positions.. but 2 players for one position for a team that will be going to the playoffs if we make a trade of this nature.

i highly doubt philly cares if its Ford or Dunleavy, my guess is they would prefer Dun.. they have Holliday and Williams already i believe at the point.

one more hypothetical sitution, if we deal Ford, and DC goes down with an ankle sprain first game of the playoffs.. then what???

we have a player who is basically a rookie playing 48 minutes in AJ price??

just my 2 cents on the trade speculation.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

If we traded 2 wings, then we're down to 3. If one of them gets hurt, we're in trouble there..unless you include Posey..which I don't, because he's our backup 4... (I'm just excluding Lance from either) Not to mention, of all the vets, If Dun wants to stay for a lower price, it wouldn't shock me if we gave him a contract. He's the one I hope we don't trade..unless we have too.

But essentially, I like the idea of having a four win rotation with Iggy/Granger/Dun and either Rush or PG. For now and for the future. (so long as Dun is the fourth wing in the rotation..but he can still get time..)

Sure, we're going to trade TJ eventually, do you really think we'll get a pg in return? I don't see it..
    if we deal Dun and PG.. while acquiring AI.. we have AI, Rush, DJ, LS, Granger, and Posey.

I include posey b/c unlike PG, Posey could easily revert back to the SF spot.. in fact Rush/Iggy could both play there as well, and if worse came to worse i prefer Dantay Jones playing backup sg.. rather than LS playing back up point to DC or even worse Price.

I dont want to see the pacers in a spot where Price is getting 40+ minutes a game b/c DC gets hurt late April. 2 years from now.. sure, but right now no.

both TJ and Dun are on the way out the door most likely, so what makes the difference who is dealt here. im thinking in regard to the playoffs and again, if we only have 2 pg's on the roster, and one goes down... well that would not bode well at all; esp if the b/u is a 2nd year player who has yet to prove he is durable enough to play 40 after a major injury to his knee.

well i didnt intend to complicate matters. okay, lets Deal Ford then.. April.. hypothetically speaking rolls around and Price injures something and is out for a month, possibly two. then what, we play DC 40 minutes a game in the playoffs.. and are left with LS to backup DC. not a great idea if you ask me.

relax, im not suggesting we miss out on trading for a championship caliber player, if philly WANTS TJ that badly then im cool with it, but the redundancy at the wing position is really not needed if we go and add Iguodala.

AI, Rush, DJ, LS, Granger, Posey (who can play the SF position), thats 6 guys to man 2 positions.. keep Dunleavy and its 7 total.

i guess i dont understand your line of thinking.. you want 7 players for two positions.. but 2 players for one position for a team that will be going to the playoffs if we make a trade of this nature.

i highly doubt philly cares if its Ford or Dunleavy, my guess is they would prefer Dun.. they have Holliday and Williams already i believe at the point.

one more hypothetical sitution, if we deal Ford, and DC goes down with an ankle sprain first game of the playoffs.. then what???

we have a player who is basically a rookie playing 48 minutes in AJ price??

just my 2 cents on the trade speculation.
    But that's a silly thought process.

Either we get something for Ford this season, or we don't get anything for him..and it's not like the FA is all that great.

He's not a part of this team's future, where as I think Dun might get a contract, so long as it's reasonable.

Do you think we're going to get a backup point guard for Ford?

Golden state barely has a backup PG..and we're gonna be worried about not having 2? Most teams don't have 1 backup that would do a good job if the starter got injured..never mind 2. Jeez, I'm sure there's a D-league third string PG we could find...

And..if DC gets hurt and we're in the playoffs..and Ford plays 40 minutes..(which he would) we'd be in trouble..
    Last edited by Sookie; 12-08-2010 at 07:43 PM.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

But that's a silly thought process.

Either we get something for Ford this season, or we don't get anything for him..and it's not like the FA is all that great.
    He's not a part of this team's future, where as I think Dun might get a contract, so long as it's reasonable.

Do you think we're going to get a backup point guard for Ford?

Golden state barely has a backup PG..and we're gonna be worried about not having 2? Most teams don't have 1 backup that would do a good job if the starter got injured..never mind 2. Jeez, I'm sure there's a D-league third string PG we could find...

And..if DC gets hurt and we're in the playoffs..and Ford plays 40 minutes..(which he would) we'd be in trouble..
    well im not sure how many trades you want to see made, im thinking if we deal for Iggy, that would be the extent of it.. and i have no problem with letting Ford expire at that point. in regard to Dun, ive stated all along i wouldnt not mind resigning him, but im not overly concerned with at all.. plus i think he will want starters minutes at the SF position and he wont get it here.

not concerened w/ GS, b/c well they suck. we would not be in that much trouble i would think if DC went down and you have Ford to b/u Price or vice versa. whereas.. again, if DC goes down and we have to rely on Price for 40+ a game.. with LS as the only backup.. i dont think it would work out very well.

well im not sure how many trades you want to see made, im thinking if we deal for Iggy, that would be the extent of it.. and i have no problem with letting Ford expire at that point. in regard to Dun, ive stated all along i wouldnt not mind resigning him, but im not overly concerned with at all.. plus i think he will want starters minutes at the SF position and he wont get it here.

not concerened w/ GS, b/c well they suck. we would not be in that much trouble i would think if DC went down and you have Ford to b/u Price or vice versa. whereas.. again, if DC goes down and we have to rely on Price for 40+ a game.. with LS as the only backup.. i dont think it would work out very well.
    If DC goes down, we're in trouble regardless. I guess that's my point so I'm not really worried about it..

I'd first try to trade Ford because I'd like to keep Dun. But, if Dun is necessary to get Iggy then I'd trade him.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

one more point.. i think its silly to want to resign dun when you deal for AI. if you intend on keeping Rush, AI, and Granger.. thats plenty of cap space used for the wing positions. therefore again, Dun is redundant and not really needed.

between the two, i would prefer to deal Ford, but based on team needs.. pg depth would make more sense in a year we are potentially competing in the playoffs.

Banned

Ok here is my trade to make sookie, pacerspride and me happy

Philladelphia sends: Iguadola 13mil+ Nocioni 6.8

Indiana send: Dunleavy 10mil + Ford 8mil+ PG

Sports Logo Sports Logo

If DC goes down, we're in trouble regardless. I guess that's my point so I'm not really worried about it..

I'd first try to trade Ford because I'd like to keep Dun. But, if Dun is necessary to get Iggy then I'd trade him.
    well how much trouble can we be in.. h3ll half the time O'brien is playing Ford to finish the games anyways.. whats the difference?

i respect your POV.. and i like Price, but the kid is coming off a major knee injury and we have yet to see him play consistent minutes.. im sure he is fine.. but if we deal Ford and DC went down in the playoffs.. im not sure AJ can handle 40+ a game.

if thats silly so be it.