Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 76ers Attempting To Trade Iguodala

Banned

Default Re: 76ers Attempting To Trade Iguodala

Quote Originally Posted by BringJackBack View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Why would Cleveland want to take on Iggy AND especially Brand's contracts if they are such a bad team? Are they smoking dope? They need to be clearing space.

Philly would walk away from this deal laughing their ***es off while Cleveland is stuck in a rut for the next 3-4 years.
    They could at least get to the the second round I think.

Mo,Iguadola,Parker,Brand,Varejao

You Did It Joseph!!!! AesopRockOn's Avatar
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by idioteque View Post
    I can't see Iggy going to Cleveland though, presumably he wants to get out of Philly because they're losing.
    I doubt going to Cleveland remedies that issue.

Step aside, King James BlueNGold's Avatar

Iggy would fit extremely well in this system...better than Rush will ever fit. Isn't Rush just a year younger? Who cares if we resign Rush if we have Iggy?

As for PG, I wish I had a crystal ball. That guy could turn into a better player than Granger and Iggy. I'd hate to trade him and later watch him in the all-star game for the next 10 years.
    LeWade are going down.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BlueNGold For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post
    Iggy would fit extremely well in this system...better than Rush will ever fit. Isn't Rush just a year younger? Who cares if we resign Rush if we have Iggy?

As for PG, I wish I had a crystal ball. That guy could turn into a better player than Granger and Iggy. I'd hate to trade him and later watch him in the all-star game for the next 10 years.
    I'm in the same boat. I really just hate the idea of trading Paul. I think he's going to be very, very good in a few years. I'd rather trade hans and rush then give up Paul, honestly.
    Last edited by righteouscool; 12-05-2010 at 10:31 PM.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by BringJackBack View Post
    Why would Cleveland want to take on Iggy AND especially Brand's contracts if they are such a bad team? Are they smoking dope? They need to be clearing space.

Philly would walk away from this deal laughing their ***es off while Cleveland is stuck in a rut for the next 3-4 years.
    A Byron Scott led Team with MoWill/Iggy/Brand/Varajao would do fairly well. I don't get the sense that the Cavs ( given the Owners committment to the fans to get them back to prominence ) are a Team that would completely rebuild.....they should be doing what the Pacers have been doing the last 3 seasons....re-tooling instead of re-building. Making a move for Iggy+Brand could get them there.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    A Byron Scott led Team with MoWill/Iggy/Brand/Varajao would do fairly well. I don't get the sense that the Cavs ( given the Owners committment to the fans to get them back to prominence ) are a Team that would completely rebuild.....they should be doing what the Pacers have been doing the last 3 seasons....re-tooling instead of re-building. Making a move for Iggy+Brand could get them there.
    No, we've been rebuilding.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post

That's the problem..however..

If he ever reaches that level, it'll be in quite a few years down the road..probably when Granger is around 30....I think it'd be better to watch Iggy and Granger play together for those four years..

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    No, we've been rebuilding.
    IMHO....we've been doing both.....re-building as much as we have been re-tooling. If we were re-building...we would have been playing McBob, Hans, PG, BRush and Hibbert way more then they have been playing for the last 2-3 seasons while trying to make a push for the Playoffs each and every year.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Sookie View Post
    That's the problem..however..

If he ever reaches that level, it'll be in quite a few years down the road..probably when Granger is around 30....I think it'd be better to watch Iggy and Granger play together for those four years..
    That's why I'm not so attached to PG.....he was drafted knowing that he'd be a project and that he would not immediately impact the Team. I have no problem moving him if we could get a greater impact Player like Iggy and I wouldn't be surprised if Bird and Company thought like that too. They primary goal is to make this Team relevant again.

Sports Logo

Hicks, Peck, UB or any other Admin....can you merge all these Iggy threads?

13. The Following User Says Thank You to CableKC For This Useful Post:

Banned

Yep, I don't think they want to rebuild, I think they want to be in limbo for few years like the Pacers.

IMHO....we've been doing both.....re-building as much as we have been re-tooling. If we were re-building...we would have been playing McBob, Hans, PG, BRush and Hibbert way more then they have been playing for the last 2-3 seasons while trying to make a push for the Playoffs each and every year.

Isn't Bird's three year plan a "rebuilding" plan? Isn't it pretty widely accepted that we have been rebuilding? Good teams retool. Teams that spend four years in the lottery rebuild.

Isn't Bird's three year plan a "rebuilding" plan? Isn't it pretty widely accepted that we have been rebuilding? Good teams retool. Teams that spend four years in the lottery rebuild.
    Exactly! Bird called it a rebuilding plan, so that's what we are doing.

What Walsh did after we reached the finals was retooling.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Will Galen For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

I know that the 3 year plan is supposed to be one....I'm just saying that most rebuilding plans involve developing our young Players.....we did that...but not to the full extent. Pushing for wins ( which is admirable...even when we are out of the Playoff hunt ) at the cost of developing our young isn't necessarily a rebuilding plan.

I don't want to de-rail this thread.....we'll just agree to disagree. Potato, Potatoe....same overall concept leading to the same result...wherever we are now.

if we were truly rebuilding we would have been doing everything possible to obtain high draft picks to go after guys like wall or griffin. i don't think it's called rebuilding when you're playing troy murphy, tj ford, earl watson, or mike dunleavy 25+mpg while your young players are being benched.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to croz24 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by croz24 View Post
    if we were truly rebuilding we would have been doing everything possible to obtain high draft picks to go after guys like wall or griffin. i don't think it's called rebuilding when you're playing troy murphy, tj ford, earl watson, or mike dunleavy 25+mpg while your young players are being benched.
    Rebuilding and tanking are not the same thing. You can rebuild without tearing everything apart and playing nothing but young guys.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:

T.E.A.M.

Quote Originally Posted by idioteque View Post
    I think we can really only take on one more big contract given that we'd re-sign Hibbert, Rush, and Collison to decent sized deals and let Hansbrough go or sign him to a smaller deal. Do we really want Iggy to be that guy? Just sayin'.

I can't see Iggy going to Cleveland though, presumably he wants to get out of Philly because they're losing.
    I don't share the view that taking Iggy would be anywhere near a "final move". Simon has always been more than willing to spend money. We have been amongst the leagues highest payrolls for years now. Sure, that will change some. But I have no doubt he will spend to contend.The team has to fill the seats, and to do that you have to have a good mix of talent.

Igoudala fits perfectly. He is just a very good all around player. He can get to the rim and finish, create offense for others, be a defensive stopper and great third scoring option for us. He is not overpaid by any stretch, his contract is about the same as Danny's, and he's about the same class of player Danny is. He is not quite the shooter Danny is, but he is probably better in about every other area.

This would be a good move for us. No doubt about it in my mind.

That's why I'm not so attached to PG.....he was drafted knowing that he'd be a project and that he would not immediately impact the Team. I have no problem moving him if we could get a greater impact Player like Iggy and I wouldn't be surprised if Bird and Company thought like that too. They primary goal is to make this Team relevant again.
    But it can become relevant without giving up a great prospect in George. If George turns out to be what he can be I would be willing to wait a couple of years. Yes Granger may be 30, but it would be a young 30 because he went to college for 4 years so he has less wear and tear than your average 30 year old in the NBA. As well the wing position tends to have the longest life span in the NBA.

Trade anyone/everyone except Hibbert/Granger/Collison/George.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to ZepZach For This Useful Post:

Is there any way our owners take on Iguodala's contract pre-CBA negotiations?

Sports Logo Sports Logo

ive gone back and forth on this one. is iggy really the missing piece of the puzzle? i like how rush has been playing, and he can certainly hold down the spot until we know if george will be a solid player for us. plus iggy makes quite a bit of salary.

i see the pros and cons to making this move. if the deal were dun/george/1st; i dont mind trading dunleavy-he is not apart of the core group; a 1st in the late teens is not a big deal either; dont want to see george go because like others have stated, he could be a really good player in 3 years, he has shooting abilities, and great athleticsm to develop into a defensive force, but he could turn out to be an average player, no one knows. My guess is he will be very good, he works very hard and has a great attitude from what i can tell.

biggest downside to acquiring iggy other than giving up PG, is the salary implications. iggy is paid like an all-star, he better produce like one if we deal for him.

i still ask the question, is he that much of an ugrade defensively over rush?? i know he is not a great outside shooter, and we really need a player who can create his own shot, hopefully he would be able to do that in our offense. if we make the deal this is our core:

DC, Iggy, Granger, PF, Hibbert

that is certainly very good on paper, and young as well. We are in such a great position financially and that is what concerns me the most about a move like this.
    Last edited by PacersPride; 12-06-2010 at 07:26 AM.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

If we were to acquire Iguodala.. where does that place us in the Eastern conference? Would we be in the same tier as Orlando, Boston, Miami, Chicago? or are we a notch behind them with the Hawks and Bucks?

If we make a move like this the team has to be good enough to contend now. Our cap space would be maxed, and we will likely be drafting in the early 20's; there would not be much room to improve. Adding Iggy, and allowing our core to mature has to be good enough to contend in two seasons. Hence the reason Im asking how we match up to the big boys in the EC.

future dragon trainer Heisenberg's Avatar

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by rexnom View Post
    Is there any way our owners take on Iguodala's contract pre-CBA negotiations?
    This is what scares me the most. Iggy IS overpaid, but not drastically. He makes 12.3 this year, then 13.5, 14.7, and then a player option for 15.9. I'd love to get Iggy for something like expiring + 1st + PG/Rush, but man, with the new CBA being so up in the air it really is a gamble especially when you consider future Hibbert/Collison extensions.

Of course, if they did make the deal then they obviously feel comfortable with all that and I'm sure Morway knows a bit more about what a new CBA'll look like than I do. At the very least I hope Bird is running it by Herb Simon to see what he thinks.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I'd be reluctant to deal George for Iggy, bit I'd still have to consider it.

I think Rush, Dun, and our 2011 #1 is a fair offer for Iguodala. A young prospect, an expiring contract, and a 1st round pick is generally what teams look for when trading their "superstar" players.
    "I'm not arguing; I'm explaining why I'm right."

32. The Following User Says Thank You to Shade For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by PacersPride View Post
    If we were to acquire Iguodala.. where does that place us in the Eastern conference? Would we be in the same tier as Orlando, Boston, Miami, Chicago? or are we a notch behind them with the Hawks and Bucks?

If we make a move like this the team has to be good enough to contend now. Our cap space would be maxed, and we will likely be drafting in the early 20's; there would not be much room to improve. Adding Iggy, and allowing our core to mature has to be good enough to contend in two seasons. Hence the reason Im asking how we match up to the big boys in the EC.
    Good question. With an upgrade at the 4, I could see us contending in the mold of the Pistons circa 2004; a bunch of very good players (but no "superstar," per se) with a strong focus on defense.
    "I'm not arguing; I'm explaining why I'm right."