Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: 76ers Attempting To Trade Iguodala

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default 76ers Attempting To Trade Iguodala

The 76ers are attempting to trade swingman Andre Iguodala, league sources have told Bob Finnan of the Mourning Journal.

There is no active dialogue between the two teams, but a source said to keep an eye on the Cavaliers.

Cleveland has a $14.5 million trade exception they could use to acquire Iguodala.

Via Morning Journal
    Philadelphia 76ers, Cleveland Cavaliers

Read the Full Story Discuss Send Feedback Buy Tickets

Read more: http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archiv...#ixzz17Hmv3RlP

Default Re: 76ers Attempting To Trade Iguodala

swear to god bird better at least attempt to acquire iggy. the pacers have far better pieces than the cavs do they could use in a deal.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to croz24 For This Useful Post:

Banned

The only way I could see Cleveland getting him is if they also get Brand.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by croz24 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    the pacers have far better pieces than the cavs do they could use in a deal.
    Better pieces yes. However the Cavs could just take on Iggy without giving any salary back. Saving them 13 million dollars is a pretty big deal as well.

*EDIT* Though I feel the same. We better make a run for it. Seriously.
    Last edited by xBulletproof; 12-05-2010 at 07:39 PM.

Cleveland makes the most sense. They desperately need a small forward.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

I feel like there are other teams that could make competitive offers. As much as I want Iggy as our SG, if it comes down to it, I don't want to overpay for him.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDoddage View Post
    I feel like there are other teams that could make competitive offers. As much as I want Iggy as our SG, if it comes down to it, I don't want to overpay for him.
    cleveland most definitely isn't one of those teams though. i would think a 1st rounder and a nice young player are worth more to philly than $13mil in cap space for one year...what would be your idea of overpaying? giving up one of rush, george, or hansbrough would be a must and the 2011 pick is truly worthless to us.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by xBulletproof View Post
    Better pieces yes. However the Cavs could just take on Iggy without giving any salary back. Saving them 13 million dollars is a pretty big deal as well.

I posted this in the other thread....a TPE is only useful if they are over the LT ( which the Sixers are not ) and/or they intend to make another move using that TPE that they get in return.

The only trade scenario where the Cavs ( or the Raptors for that matter ) send a huge TPE to the Sixers where it would make sense is if they get back additional assets ON TOP of the TPE. I don't see the Cavs looking to do a pure Salary Dump without getting back nothing.

That is why I think that a PG+1st+Dun for Iggy trumps a Iggy for TPE ( pure salary dump ). Getting a TPE doesn't really help a Team like the Sixers who ( as far as I know ) aren't hemoraging $$$ and therefore could benefit from cutting $13 mil from their 2010-20111 books...as opposed to looking for additional assets in return.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by xBulletproof View Post

I agree, I would take the trade exception from Cleveland and make another trade to get rid of Brand for Jamison, plus receive some draft picks.

Sports Logo

As someone else said here.....Iggy IMHO isn't as overpaid as a Player like Brand or even Okafor. He's paid about a mil $1.5 mil per year more then Granger....but Granger does appear to be underpaid for his production. Taking that into consideration.....Granger and Iggy...who I think are Players on the same level in terms of talent/skill/etc.....are comprable in value and contract. Overpaid is Arenas...Overpaid is Brand...Overpaid is BDiddy.....Iggy is slightly overpaid IMHO...clearly not as bad as others and IMHO worth it if all it took was to give up PG, a 1st and an Expiring.
    Last edited by CableKC; 12-05-2010 at 08:15 PM.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CableKC For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    I agree, I would take the trade exception from Cleveland and make another trade to get rid of Brand for Jamison, plus receive some draft picks.
    Wow...if the Cavs are willing to take back Brand in a 2nd deal where they also gets additional assets, then...yeah....that would trump anything the Pacers could offer. Brand and Iggy COMBINED are owed $106 mil over the next 3 years....a no-go for us.

Quote Originally Posted by croz24 View Post
    cleveland most definitely isn't one of those teams though. i would think a 1st rounder and a nice young player are worth more to philly than $13mil in cap space for one year...what would be your idea of overpaying? giving up one of rush, george, or hansbrough would be a must and the 2011 pick is truly worthless to us.
    The kind of offer you indicated is something I'd be on board for, but anything more than that would be a little too much imo.

Personally, I'd rather take on Brand along with Iguodala and have to give up less valuable assets as a whole than just deal for Iguodala. That way, all we'd probably have to give up is expiring contracts. With the way Brand has been playing this season, he might even be a good fill-in for us at PF. He'll also be a huge expiring in 2013 which isn't that far away. But I can understand if ownership would be turned off by that.

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    As someone else said here.....Iggy IMHO isn't as overpaid as a Player like Brand or even Okafor. He's paid about a mil $1.5 mil per year more then Granger....but Granger does appear to be underpaid for his production. Taking that into consideration.....Granger and Iggy...who I think are Players on the same level in terms of talent/skill/etc.....are comprable in value and contract. Overpaid is Arenas...Overpaid is Brand...Overpaid is BDiddy.....Iggy is slightly overpaid IMHO...clearly not as bad as others.
    And having Granger and Iggy together as Swingmen for a while (they're both 26, I believe) with either PG or Rush to back them up (I'm assuming we'd have to give up one of the two) would be extrordinary.

We'd have our third all star, and all we'd need is for the team to grow a bit and probably for a more solid PF.

And if we can get rid of TJ while were at it..(I'd give them TJ, Paul George/Brandon Rush and a First round draft pick)

To me, the question is whether they'd take that deal, not whether we would do it..I love PG and Brandon, and want them on our team...but Iggy's an all star, he'd be fantastic to play with Granger, he'd give us our "Big 3" and quite frankly, a big 3 of Granger/Iggy/Hibbert would arguably be as good as any in the league, when you take in consideration age and how the pieces fit.. Bottom line is we aren't going to get a better player than Iggy in FA, and TJ, a young wing, and a first round draft pick this year isn't giving up much..(And heck, I'd take back Nocioni if they promised to take Dun too..)
    Last edited by Sookie; 12-05-2010 at 08:18 PM.

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sookie For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    Cleveland makes the most sense. They desperately need a small forward.
    I thought that Iggy was more of a SG then a SF . But I read on the Sixers RealGM forum that Iggy seemed to play better as a SF. But then you'd think that he'd be a better fit next to Turner whose more of a SG then not :

The kind of offer you indicated is something I'd be on board for, but anything more than that would be a little too much imo.

Personally, I'd rather take on Brand along with Iguodala and have to give up less valuable assets as a whole than just deal for Iguodala. That way, all we'd probably have to give up is expiring contracts. With the way Brand has been playing this season, he might even be a good fill-in for us at PF. He'll also be a huge expiring in 2013 which isn't that far away. But I can understand if ownership would be turned off by that.
    yea, no way i'd take on brand's contract at this point in time. especially if we can get iggy without it. dunleavy, rush/george/hans, and the 2011 1st is the most i'd offer for him, but i do think that's a solid deal for philly in return. this would improve our starting unit, while allowing us to maintain two of our young guys.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to croz24 For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Brand and his $51 mil a year contract would severely impact our ability to resign Hibbert and BRush. Even if Hibbert and BRush are RFA....IMHO...the Simons ( unlike any other Teams ) can't afford to pay that much to that many Players when it comes time to resign Hibbert and BRush.

If the Pacers were willing to take on Iggy AND Brand ( which is highly unlikely given that we'd be near the $55mil mark owed to 7 Players in the 2012-2013 season when we'd have to resign BRush and Hibbert ), I'd want to send back Posey and Inferno while not sending back anything beyond Expiring Contracts. $108 mil in guaranteed $$$ owed to the both of them is not an easy pill to swallow.....add in PG or a Draft pick...and it becomes impalatable.

On paper, I'd admit that getting Iggy+Brand immediatlely plugs our 2 greater positions of need...but the financial cost is WAY TOO high.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to CableKC For This Useful Post:

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    Wow...if the Cavs are willing to take back Brand in a 2nd deal where they also gets additional assets, then...yeah....that would trump anything the Pacers could offer. Brand and Iggy COMBINED are owed $106 mil over the next 3 years....a no-go for us.
    I'm expecting Cleveland's owner to make a move with the trade exception, that letter we wrote tells me that he is going to be agressive, getting Iguadola and Brand I think could be one of those moves.

Here is the trade they could make:

Cleveland sends 13mil trade exception + Jamison 13mil + picks

Philly sends Iguadola and Brand

You Did It Joseph!!!! AesopRockOn's Avatar
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Sookie View Post
    We'd have our third all star...
    Sort of. We'd have our fourth (potential) borderline All Star. We'd be modeling our roster very much in the 04 Pistons mold. Five guys who just totally fit together and, though Billups or Rip would have been obvious All Stars on lesser teams, made each other better and worthy of AS selections.

Collison (assuming he pans out, meaning not this year), Iguodala, Danny, ? (A Josh Smith-like four man), Roy, would be an Eastern Conference contender as long as there isn't a Heat situation with the bench.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to AesopRockOn For This Useful Post:

You Did It Joseph!!!! AesopRockOn's Avatar
    Mood

Cleveland and Toronto have every Miami draft pick till about 2037. Important to remember once that deadline nears.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    I'm expecting Cleveland's owner to make a move with the trade exception, that letter we wrote tells me that he is going to be agressive, getting Iguadola and Brand I think could be one of those moves.

Here is the trade they could make:

Cleveland sends 13mil trade exception + Jamison 13mil + picks

Philly sends Iguadola and Brand
    At most, I'd be willing to only take back Nocioni while sending back PG...I could even go as far as including a future 1st pick ( assuming that we get back a 2nd from the Sixers.

But if the Cavs are willing to take on Iggy and Brand WHILE sending back Picks and/or prospects...then they win.

A lineup of Collison, Iggy, Granger and Hibbert is very intriguing regardless of who you have at PF.

I don't want Iggy to be benched if he can't hit the 3 though. We know he can defend, is athletic and gets to the foul line. That sounds perfect for a guy next to Granger.

You would think Dunleavy or Ford would have to be involved, but not sure the Sixers would want much on our team that we're willing to give up?

28. The Following User Says Thank You to pwee31 For This Useful Post:

I think we can really only take on one more big contract given that we'd re-sign Hibbert, Rush, and Collison to decent sized deals and let Hansbrough go or sign him to a smaller deal. Do we really want Iggy to be that guy? Just sayin'.

I can't see Iggy going to Cleveland though, presumably he wants to get out of Philly because they're losing.

crazy shinaniganz BringJackBack's Avatar

Why would Cleveland want to take on Iggy AND especially Brand's contracts if they are such a bad team? Are they smoking dope? They need to be clearing space.

Philly would walk away from this deal laughing their ***es off while Cleveland is stuck in a rut for the next 3-4 years.

iggy and granger would compliment each other VERY well imo. even collison would greatly benefit alongside iggy with iggy's ability to drive and dish. collison and granger would be set up for many wide open 3's. they would make for a lethal offensive lineup and while improve our perimeter defense in the process. if we managed to acquire iggy, a starting lineup next year of collison, iggy, granger, west/gasol/chandler, hibbert with a new coach could really set us up for some deep playoff runs.

32. The Following User Says Thank You to croz24 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by pwee31 View Post
    A lineup of Collison, Iggy, Granger and Hibbert is very intriguing regardless of who you have at PF.

I don't want Iggy to be benched if he can't hit the 3 though. We know he can defend, is athletic and gets to the foul line. That sounds perfect for a guy next to Granger.

You would think Dunleavy or Ford would have to be involved, but not sure the Sixers would want much on our team that we're willing to give up?
    Giving them Ford and/or Dun might be the best part.

We'd be questioning for years what was more hilarious..that we got Collison for Troy, or Iggy for Ford...