Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can't Take It Anymore

Default Can't Take It Anymore

I had company tonight and was unable to catch the game but did get to see the box score on the NBA TV web site and saw Tyler got a DNP-CD.

That did it for me. I am through. I am seeing a young man everyone is convinced cannot succeed (so it seems) who is not even been given a chance. He is still basically a rookie out most of the season last year, sitting the bench this year getting lots of DNP-CD's, and if there is a lock out next year I'd say he is done without ever having been given an opportunity. I could not believe O'Brien gave him that first DNP-CD in the first game of the year after having had a good preseason. Now it is the norm.

With Posey back next year (if there is no lockout) and McRoberts is back it is the same thing all over. O'Brien and Bird surely were not on the same page when they drafted Hansbrough. How could they have been? Anyone who has watched O'Brien coach knows he is looking for forwards who shoot the 3's and not post up forwards. I am tired of this team and I am out of here. By the way just barely over 12,000 fans in attendance tonight. I don't blame a one of those who did not show up.

Banned

Default Re: Can't Take It Anymore

They wish they had 12k today, maybe like 8k?

crazy shinaniganz BringJackBack's Avatar

So you've sat through mess since 2004, and your going to quit when things are starting to get good?! Come on now.

Sixth months ago I, along with many others, assumed that his career was over. While it aggravates the hell out of me that he doesn't play, I completely understand that he has some work to do. Sure I'd rather have him play than Posey, but I don't want him to learn any bad habits such as being a ball-stopper if we force feed him a lot of minutes.
    Last edited by BringJackBack; 12-17-2010 at 10:32 PM.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

[1] He plays everyday against NBA talent during practice. Therefore he gets his chance. [2] Many people believe he will succeed and I am among them. [3] Jim O'Brien sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by BringJackBack View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So you've sat through mess since October 2010, and your going to quit when things are starting to get good?! Come on now.
    fixed

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dal9 For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Really, dude? Your going to throw away (presumably) years of fandom because a guy most people projected to be a 7th man in the NBA isn't getting the PT he deserves?

I would just cool your jets for now. Tyler has utility as an NBA player, just not with this coach. Given that JOB won't be back, I think he'll at least be in the rotation (although maybe not starting) for years to come.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to idioteque For This Useful Post:

I'm not done because of it, but I did wonder why Tyler wasn't getting some burn tonight. With Solo ejected, McBob in foul trouble, and Posey doing nothing for us, it would have been a nice time for him to get minutes.

Heck, even if you don't think he can contribute, maybe play him when there's just a couple minutes left and you're up 15.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

We won the damn game and we're 7th in the Eastern Conference standings. Get over it.
    Grown Man Ball

I stopped following the Pacers last season for awhile because I simply have no interest in watching Troy shoot threes. Nothing personal. He's a nice guy...but I also don't like watching paint dry.

While Posey gives me a little of that same feeling, it's not quite as bad. Also, I think we have a legit chance to make the playoffs this year.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post
    While Posey gives me a little of that same feeling, it's not quite as bad. Also, I think we have a legit chance to make the playoffs this year.
    As the Resident James Posey Apologist of Pacers Digest, I will just say that at least he has injected some much needed life into the team on the defensive end. While he himself may not be as good of a defender as he once was, he still shows toughness and effort, and it's rubbing off on the younger guys. His Veteran Leadership as a whole has been a pleasant surprise, as I honestly didn't even think he'd even try establishing relationships with the guys on this team.

With that said, the dude still should be playing no more than 15 minutes a night. 20 MAYBE, and that's only if he's feeling the defense and/or knocking down shots. Tyler needs to be playing that back-up spot more. I'm definitely not a fan of the DNP-CD's.

13. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Day-V For This Useful Post:

Southern Indiana; not far from Louisville, KY

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

We rebounded well tonight, so I won't gripe about Hansbrough not playing tonight even though he really should get some PT, but O'Brien is an idiot of a coach as we all know and once he's not around, Tyler will get the PT that he deserves (as long as at the time he IS deserving it...it won't just be given to him as we definitely have some hard workers on the team). Overall we've been a great team this year and we're definitely an up-and-coming team in the NBA, so no need to stop your fandom of the Indiana Pacers just because of this one game. There's a lot of other reasons other than Hansbrough to watch this team this year and for many years to come.

NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    I'm not done because of it, but I did wonder why Tyler wasn't getting some burn tonight. With Solo ejected, McBob in foul trouble, and Posey doing nothing for us, it would have been a nice time for him to get minutes.

Heck, even if you don't think he can contribute, maybe play him when there's just a couple minutes left and you're up 15.
    In the world of moronic choices, not playing Tyler a little tonight is making a strong run for president.

I can barely take it myself. Not because I need to see the guy I thought was a draft mistake play, but because having seen what he brings and understanding that your chance to investigate and develop him is now or never tells me you absolutely must be playing him now.

I'd be thrilled to have Tyler really stick in the league and make me eat crow. But I don't want to win this on a TKO, especially when it represents more of the same junk we've had for years. It's the fact that this is choice #72 on the list of bad choices that has me losing hope.

NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SMosley21 View Post

We won the damn game and we're 7th in the Eastern Conference standings. Get over it.
    They are about 5 weeks from being 10 games under .500 and firmly out of the playoffs looking in, just in case you haven't checked the schedule lately.

Beating the Bobcats and Cavs phoning it in on road games isn't the stuff of playoff contention.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Naptown_Seth For This Useful Post:

Anybody see the shot during the game of 3 of our past 4 draft picks sitting in suits on the bench and the other one sitting in a warmup? Awesome
    "I've got an idea--an idea so smart that my head would explode if I even began to know what I'm talking about." - Peter Griffin

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Naptown_Seth View Post
    They are about 5 weeks from being 10 games under .500 and firmly out of the playoffs looking in, just in case you haven't checked the schedule lately.

Beating the Bobcats and Cavs phoning it in on road games isn't the stuff of playoff contention.
    The schedule of the bucks and the sixers, are even worse, and for longer beyond that, plus we're already ahead of them. We'll be fine. Freaking out over losing to the Hawks, who allllwaaays have our number, playing the bulls very close until the fourth without our best player, and losing to the lakers, which was obviously going to happen after beating them earlier doesn't justify a freakout of this magnitude.

If anything we've shown a greater propensity for beating strong teams than those below us. I wouldn't put stealing some that we shouldn't a non possibility.

Whats wrong with beating teams that we're supposed to beat anyway? That kind of play is actually sustainable in the long long.

Quote Originally Posted by DGPR View Post
    Anybody see the shot during the game of 3 of our past 4 draft picks sitting in suits on the bench and the other one sitting in a warmup? Awesome
    The saddest thing is that it's not a poor drafting thing so much as a poor rotation thing..

With TJ/Price it's infuriating at this point. TJ's bad. He played badly. He doesn't run an offense well. He was getting pathetically beaten by Mo on the PnR (and sometimes Mo would just run right by him.) He can't make a layup. He's turnover prone. And he's a poor decision maker.

The only logical explanation (to those without Obie colored glasses) for the Pacers playing him, is showcasing. And that's illogical in itself. And quite frankly, If you show too much of him, it'll actually decrease his value.

Heck I still haven't gone into a full blown rant on this one..

But now with Tyler/Posey. Seriously? SERIOUSLY? We need rebounding intensity and toughness..lets bench the one post that does that. Roy and Josh are Finesse players and Posey is "tough" but not on offense. It's just..ridiculous.

yea..he doesn't get the offense. The offense doesn't fit him. (And before there's a remark there..this offense doesn't fit TJ or Darren..but they play) and we won't let him play to figure it out.

Also..notice small ball is returning with Granger..good..that'll help our rebounding stats.

But yes, lets not complain about anything because we beat the Cavs tonight.

Goodbye I guess.

I'll admit, I've been very angry with this team's recent play and I've really had it with Jim.

Not so much in the past have I been as mad as I am this year with Jim.

Now with all the young talent and improved players, it's almost guaranteed that we're a playoff team if they're given the majority of the minutes over the reserves.

Jim is just a very selfish person who likes to see old players who have no reason taking away minutes from young players who are better and have a future here. I don't even look at him as a coach anymore. He's useless and I think he forgets to take struggling players out sometimes.

I'm not letting the team off the hook either, they started as a huge surprise and gained a lot of recognition especially in Indy from what I've heard and read, but that's suddenly faded ever since that loss in Phoenix and for the team that's when the wheels started falling off.

When the Pacers beat the Heat, that's when things got good all across the league and in Indy. People were saying there's no question we're going to be a playoff team, more people were coming out to the games.

We need to earn that back and soon. We need go on win streaks that'll carry us to a comfortable spot in the East.

Even though we played a horrible team, key players who have struggled lately stepped up and this might be a refresher and perhaps we might be able to beat the Celtics or at least keep it a hard fought battle.

Quote Originally Posted by DGPR View Post
    First picks have been pretty weak since Granger:

Shawne Williams
    Brandon Rush
    Tyler Sitsborough
    Paul George

We get about 20 minutes out of them...all Rush coming off the bench.

...then previous to Granger we picked 3 guys:

David Harrison
    James Jones(2)
    Fred Jones
    Jamison Brewer(2)
    Primoz Brezec

Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post
    First picks have been pretty weak since Granger:

Shawne Williams
    Brandon Rush
    Tyler Sitsborough
    Paul George

We get about 20 minutes out of them...all Rush coming off the bench.

...then previous to Granger we picked 3 guys:

David Harrison
    James Jones(2)
    Fred Jones
    Jamison Brewer(2)
    Brandon's finally coming around and making himself an important piece to our team's future core.

Quote Originally Posted by SMosley21 View Post

Isn't the idea here to maximize your potential? We beat the Cavs at home. 7th? Seriously? You're content? We're 1-3 in our last 4.

Not me. I think this team should easily challenge for a 4-5 seed. We have good overall talent. But O'Brien is not the right coach for this team, IMO. People talk about our youth all the time like it's some huge ball and chain holding us back. The truth is they have never even had a real chance to succeed on a team with absolutely nothing to lose. It's pathetic. What they hell are we so afraid of? Losing out on an eighth seed?

Mood

You believe that we are more or just as talented as chicago, or atlanta? Seriously? Prior to this year it was a pretty heavy concensus that we were one of the least talented teams in the league. Hibberts improvement, and the addition of collison maybe make us above average, and in good cap shape, but to say that based on our talent we should be a four or 5 seed? Thats absolutely bananas. Even the biggest homers picked us for around teh 6th seed this year, which is still obtainable, since new york is entering a difficult schedule.

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to daschysta For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Taterhead View Post
    Isn't the idea here to maximize your potential? We beat the Cavs at home. 7th? Seriously? You're content? We're 1-3 in our last 4.

Not me. I think this team should easily challenge for a 4-5 seed. We have good overall talent. But O'Brien is not the right coach for this team, IMO. People talk about our youth all the time like it's some huge ball and chain holding us back. The truth is they have never even had a real chance to succeed on a team with absolutely nothing to lose. It's pathetic. What they hell are we so afraid of? Losing out on an eighth seed?
    Bet you wanted to tank last year to. Don't get mad at the coach for playing to win.

It's no longer just the posters here questioning WTF OB is doing...Listen to Mike Wells and Conrad on both JMV and MPOS and I hear some of the same questions.
    We know Bird believes this media market is too soft on the players but it is good to see that the media is no longer so soft on the coaching.
    This "team" is really close to tuning out the coach. Can't really blame them.

29. The Following User Says Thank You to brewpopps For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Taterhead View Post

If you think this team is "easily" a 4 or 5 seed then you've gone right out of your mind. We're a serious challenger for the 7 or 8, and if we find a groove and play well we may find ourselves in the 6th, but there is no way this team is a 4 or 5 seed.

Can we contend for that spot in a couple years? I think so. This year? Hell no.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by spazzxb View Post
    Bet you wanted to tank last year to. Don't get mad at the coach for playing to win.
    Playing to win?