View Poll Results: Will you list Jason Richardson as top prospect in 2011 free agent market?(SG Position)

Voters
35. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes!!

9 25.71%
  • No, i think someone else is better.

26 74.29%

Thread: 2011 Free Agent Market - SG position -Jason Richardson

Default 2011 Free Agent Market - SG position -Jason Richardson

I just realize that Jason Richardson is one of the 2011 free agents.

You guys may talking about Andre Iguodala or someone else who can improve the sg/sf position to play with rush,granger and geroge after 2011.

I think Jason Richardson maybe the final answer for the SG spot.
    Great shooter/3 point shooter, athlete, above average defense, Star intensity, energy type of player.

As we have a lot of money to spend in 2011, we should go after Jason Richardson.
    (How about 1000-1200 4-5 years contract?)

SG: Jason Richardson ,Rush
    SF: Danny Granger, George

He is the best player in the 2011 free agent market to play in our system.
    Because of we need a shooter who can play defense and he is a star.

What do you think?Anyone else better than Jason Richardson to play in pacers system?
    Last edited by Kamiyohk; 12-05-2010 at 07:06 AM.

Default Re: 2011 Free Agent Market - SG position -Jason Richardson

Considering all the rumors about Hornets ownership, I think David West might be realistic and he's no.1 on my list of realistic FAs right now. Then Zach, and J-Rich would be 3rd.

Btw, what do you mean with "1000-1200 4-5 years contract"?

Quote Originally Posted by ballism View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Considering all the rumors about Hornets ownership, I think David West might be realistic and he's no.1 on my list of realistic FAs right now. Then Zach, and J-Rich would be 3rd.

Zach?? Zach Randolph??
    Thank you Jeff.

Quote Originally Posted by ballism View Post

I just talk about the SG position.
    And we may sign him with $10,000,000-$12,000,000 per year and around 4-5years contract.

West is not good rebounder and defender who can help Hibbert inside.
    But he maybe is the best PF in 2011 fa market as well..
    I will prefer to play Josh over West...
    not same level..but West can't bring too many things to the pacers..
    Consider the age..and price....
    pass..

However..Zach...We don't need trouble anymore..right?

Well, there are plenty of knocks on everyone in that free agency. You can almost copy paste your West's criticism to J-Rich. If you expect Pacers to find a Kevin Durant in the free agency this year (or any year), you are likely to be dissappointed.
    Any of those 3 would be a huge upgrade, but all three of them are getting on the old side and have other limitations.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to ballism For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Kamiyohk View Post
    I just talk about the SG position.
    And we may sign him with $10,000,000-$12,000,000 per year and around 4-5years contract.
    I like the idea of a Granger+Richardson+George/Rush wing rotation. Big, explosive scoring, very good rebounding, very capable defensively. Lack of advanced ball-handling, but good enough shot-creation.

But J-Rich will be 30 years old next season. Is he worth that kind of contract? How do you see him ageing? Do you think the Pacers could contend with him as a sole addition to their current core?

crazy shinaniganz BringJackBack's Avatar

I really do wish that we could have a write-in vote. I'd put "I wouldn't be mad if we picked up J-Rich, but there are better options."

He's an All-Star level player, but we'd have waaay too much outside shooting w/ a Rich/Granger/Rush combo. The chemistry just doesn't seem all that. Especially compared to Iggy.

How good is Richardson defensively?
    Last edited by BringJackBack; 12-05-2010 at 12:16 PM.

J-Rich wouldn't be terrible...but I wouldn't want him. At the sg positions I want one name and one name only...AARON afflao from the denver nuggets. (will ferrel-blades of glory.

Also if your willing to pay 10 to 12 mill for Rich the only differnce from the and iquodala is one of the jones contract so what would you rather have? Youth and comraderie with your best player with defense or inevitable decline in skill and 3 point shooting which in a lot of ways kills the pacers chances of winning sometimes...I'M Just Saying.

And if were talking bout pf I want gasol if we can't get smith. He works hard down low and might be a good compliment I mean he does the same that mcbob does rebound with scoring sprinkled in then our need of back up is taken cared for (McBob) and pf. I would also want green for multiple purpose reasons like sf, pf, etc..

I'd go for JRich in a heart beat. Pacers gonna need somebody who is an improvement at the position and can pick up DUnleavy's slack when he isn't here next year.

jason richardson is a bad guy and had gotten arrested frequently in the past

no way do we need him and we have brandon rush who does more than jason richardson
    In 49 states it's just basketball, but this is Indiana!

In 49 states it's just basketball, but this is Indiana!

Can we save the money for the following class.of free agents? Am I the only one that doesn't want any of these guys? David West??? We would have to be favorites to win it all.
    Here we come lottery?

Quote Originally Posted by I Love P View Post
    Can we save the money for the following class.of free agents? Am I the only one that doesn't want any of these guys? David West??? We would have to be favorites to win it all.

I couldn't agree with this more. It's like we are finally gonna be out of Salary Cap purgatory and......who cares? There is nothing out there that is team altering. Are there good pieces ? Yes. But all along I think we were kind of hoping the Pacers were going to make a "splash" on the free agent market. The 2011 list will barely create a ripple.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by makaveli View Post
    I couldn't agree with this more. It's like we are finally gonna be out of Salary Cap purgatory and......who cares? There is nothing out there that is team altering. Are there good pieces ? Yes. But all along I think we were kind of hoping the Pacers were going to make a "splash" on the free agent market. The 2011 list will barely create a ripple.
    Yep. No Horford. No Noah. Everyone worth trying to sign has either signed an extension already or will more than likely re-sign with their old team. In the case of Carmelo, he'll probably sign with the Knicks or with the lockout and a new CBA looming, he might not opt-out of his contract at all.

J-Rich, West, and Afflalo will probably be at the top of the list. Nene might enter free agency as well if Melo becomes a free agent. Still, it's is going to be a weak free agent crop during the summer of 2011 and they may not be able to sign anyone anyway if there is a lockout. Also, there's the possibility that the salary cap will be reduced and that will make them even less of a player in Free Agency.

I think the Pacers should try to cash in on a little of their salary cap now, during this season. They have too many factors working against them right now to expect to strike it big this summer.
    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81
    Larry is not coming back, he didn't have a meeting with Orlando for not reason, yeah he is coming back to the NBA but not to the Pacers, the notion that he is a taking a year off and then come back is absurd.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    GOOD GOD THAT'S LARRY BIRD'S MUSIC!

Quote Originally Posted by makaveli View Post
    I agree on the quality of FAs, those are only marginal All-Stars at best and all around 30.

But waiting won't make it better. If you wait for 2012, that's when Hibbert's extension kicks in, also that's when probably Rush and AJ get some sort of deals. Not to mention, you have so many guys who are leaving this year or the next - Dun, TJ, McRob, Foster, Posey, Solo. You need to resign some of them and find decent rotation players to fill other spots. You also have salary increases to Granger, Tyler, Dahntay, PG, and you have another two rookies. That's a lot of money you add after this year whether you want it or not.

In all likelihood, you will have way less cap space in 2012. So, if you want to get anyone of All Star caliber, your best bet is either trades or 2011 FA. Waiting another year till summer 2012 doesn't help.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to ballism For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

If we make a run for Iggy ( ) and don't get him ( ), then I wouldn't mind making a run for JRich for some $8 mil per season / 3 year deal...but my guess is that he'll want ( and get ) something closer to $9-10 mil per season over a 4-5 year period.

JRich is the best FA SG available as far as I can tell....with Afflalo being a close 2nd....unfortunately....Afflalo is a RFA. However, I can see that Afflalo ( mainly due to his defense ) would be a good fit next to Granger/BRush/PG. I'd hope that the Nuggets will balk at matching anything that Afflalo gets. Right now, Afflalo is playing his way into a new contract.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Hes going to demand too much money...I would pass...and hes on the decline of his career
    "So, which one of you guys is going to come in second?" - Larry Bird before the 3 point contest. He won.