Thread: Tonights Game

Default Tonights Game

Hey everyone, long time reader (admittedly probably everyday), but have never really posted much. Just some quick insight and short story. I am a student at Purdue, but currently down in Arizona on an internship for landscape architecture. First off, I want to apologize to everyone back in the great state of Indiana; I talked to my dad last night and he said they had snow and of course I responded that it was 78 degrees here and I was hot, needless to say when I come back for 2 weeks in mid-December I will be freezing. I also plan on coming to a game or two so AREA55 I hope to join you for those!!! Anyways, sorry for the life story. Tonight I will be lucky enough to be going to the game in Phoenix. I went to the owner of the company I am interning for (HUGE Suns fan) and asked her what the best and cheapest way to get tickets to the game tonight would be and she looked at me for a second, remembered I'm the biggest Pacers fan down here, and said, "Just go with me, but no wearing Pacers gear!" So, needless to say, tonight I will be rocking out some Pacers gear down in the 13th row behind the Pacers bench. I plan on taking my camera and going early. I believe the doors open at 5 so I will be going and hopefully seeing the shoot around. I know the chances aren't likely but maybe I can get a picture with my boy Roy, and McRoberts. EVERYONE enjoy the game tonight. You know you will have a great fan cheering them on down here in Phoenix. I will try and post some pictures tomorrow.
    -PLAY HARD-

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to PacerKnight For This Useful Post:

Default Re: Tonights Game

Sounds like you have some great seats! Enjoy the game. I'm looking forward to seeing the pictures you take.

Sounds like you have some great seats! Always fun for us out of town fans to be able to see the Pacers in person. I think some of the people in Indy take that for granted sometimes.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Deadshot For This Useful Post:

Deadshot, I agree. Even beeing at Purdue last year I went to I think 6 games. Now, just going to this one game is amazing. Hopefully my sister keeps up the tradition of getting my older brother, my dad, and I tickets for Christmas this year. I cant wait to move back so I can go to more games.
    -PLAY HARD-

Chairman of the Boards 90'sNBARocked's Avatar

Phoneix rocks man

You should go to Tempe, AZ at the ASU Campus its realy fun
    Sittin on top of the world!

Ill be there too!! Didn't get as good as seats as you (lucky guy). I had to get mine through stub hub, section 112, row 24, they're decent. My first Pacers game in about 6 years so I'm pretty stoked. Ill be wearing my yellow pinstripe Reggie jersey.

Edit: Also, you're crazy I don't think it has been 78 deg here for a couple weeks.
    Last edited by Mr.ThunderMakeR; 12-03-2010 at 12:26 PM.

My internship is actually in Tempe, I live about a 10 min walk from Mill Street where all of the ASU bars are so I have seen more than my fair share of ASU student happenings. Mr.Thunder, it is supposed to get up to 78 today bub. Lol. At night it has been cold however. I can't complain however, 40's and 50's sound a lot better than 20's and 30's.
    -PLAY HARD-

Quote Originally Posted by PacerKnight View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    My internship is actually in Tempe, I live about a 10 min walk from Mill Street where all of the ASU bars are so I have seen more than my fair share of ASU student happenings. Mr.Thunder, it is supposed to get up to 78 today bub. Lol. At night it has been cold however. I can't complain however, 40's and 50's sound a lot better than 20's and 30's.
    Dud eI know that area very well

Have you ever been to Ted's hotdogs on Mill ave in Tempe?

Best hot dogs and sausages , got to check it out

Shoot on that note transfer, why go back to West Layfayette when you can stay in sunny Phoenix

My cousin is going to the game tonight. I turned him into a Pacers and colts fan this year. When I saw him last summer I gave him a Manning jersey
    He said he couldn't find anything Pacers at the mall. He is sitting row 6, so if they show a blue manning jersey tonight, that's my cuz. He said he's gonna be yelling "Area55" all night.
    Here we come lottery?

Fat, Drunk and Stupid Lord Helmet's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Hey everyone, long time reader (admittedly probably everyday), but have never really posted much. Just some quick insight and short story. I am a student at Purdue, but currently down in Arizona on an internship for landscape architecture. First off, I want to apologize to everyone back in the great state of Indiana; I talked to my dad last night and he said they had snow and of course I responded that it was 78 degrees here and I was hot, needless to say when I come back for 2 weeks in mid-December I will be freezing. I also plan on coming to a game or two so AREA55 I hope to join you for those!!! Anyways, sorry for the life story. Tonight I will be lucky enough to be going to the game in Phoenix. I went to the owner of the company I am interning for (HUGE Suns fan) and asked her what the best and cheapest way to get tickets to the game tonight would be and she looked at me for a second, remembered I'm the biggest Pacers fan down here, and said, "Just go with me, but no wearing Pacers gear!" So, needless to say, tonight I will be rocking out some Pacers gear down in the 13th row behind the Pacers bench. I plan on taking my camera and going early. I believe the doors open at 5 so I will be going and hopefully seeing the shoot around. I know the chances aren't likely but maybe I can get a picture with my boy Roy, and McRoberts. EVERYONE enjoy the game tonight. You know you will have a great fan cheering them on down here in Phoenix. I will try and post some pictures tomorrow.
    Should be a good game.

I see you are from Richmond, as well.
    Super Bowl XLI Champions
    2000 Eastern Conference Champions

Mr.Thunder, it is supposed to get up to 78 today bub. Lol. At night it has been cold however. I can't complain however, 40's and 50's sound a lot better than 20's and 30's.
    Yeah I saw its supposed to get back up close to 80 next week I guess its warming up again. No complaints here.

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sNBARocked View Post

Ted's is AMAZING! I haven't been down there in awhile but you posting that is making me crave it again. Its not on Mill but pretty close.

Well, I'm glad to see the Pacers (Pacers Digest at least) will be well represented. If I wasn't going with my boss I would say lets meet up before or after the game, but I'm not real sure she would be okay with that idea. If any of you guys want to meet up some other time to watch a game just PM me. I watch every game. Some how my NBA League pass never got shut off from the trial period OH and yes, I'm from Richmond, I now live in Fountain City. Went to Northeastern High School.
    -PLAY HARD-

15. The Following User Says Thank You to PacerKnight For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sNBARocked View Post

Shoot on that note transfer, why go back to West Layfayette when you can stay in sunny Phoenix

Actually, I haven't heard of it ???? I know the biggest thing I had hear about on Mill was the Library, but it was shut down before I ever got to make it there. I have to go back for school. Also, I want to coach when I graduate (one more year left) and my brother-in-law and I run our own company back in Indiana as well for Landscape Design/Web Design. More or less, as great as this area is, I have too much going on back at home.
    -PLAY HARD-

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.ThunderMakeR View Post
    Yeah I saw its supposed to get back up close to 80 next week I guess its warming up again. No complaints here.

Ted's is AMAZING! I haven't been down there in awhile but you posting that is making me crave it again. Its not on Mill but pretty close.
    LOl

Yeah they rock bro

I remeber plenty of times they had a line all the way around the store

ummmm

Actually, I haven't heard of it ???? I know the biggest thing I had hear about on Mill was the Library, but it was shut down before I ever got to make it there. I have to go back for school. Also, I want to coach when I graduate (one more year left) and my brother-in-law and I run our own company back in Indiana as well for Landscape Design/Web Design. More or less, as great as this area is, I have too much going on back at home.
    Its great just google "Teds Hotdigs tempe" you will get the address

Enjoy the game!

20. The Following User Says Thank You to MTM For This Useful Post:

So sorry about the lateness of this, the Pacers game was one of the best and most frustrating times I've had in a really long time; but there was some positives believe it or not. Now, for my personal negative. I went about 3 hours early so I could be one of the first people let in. I got there and of course the people wouldn't let me in because the doors weren't open. I sat there for about 15 minutes talking to one of the security guards and I was playing around with my camera. The guy asked where I was from and I said Indiana. Long story short the guy let me about half and hour, forty-five minutes before the door as supposed to be open. I went down directly behind the Pacer's bench and there were some players stretching and just loosening up. Granger was standing about 10 feet from me and I went to take a picture......no memory card. I said a few choice words to myself and he looked up at me and asked if everything was good with a smile, kind of laughing, and I just held my camera up and said no memory card. He walked over, said that sucks and autographed my ticket and gave me a fist bump and went back into his pregame events. GREAT moment. You can tell he was just a super nice guy....my dad then blamed me for his horrible game.

The best thing I noticed was Dahntay Jones. Before the game, for the majority of the time, he was playing with Lance and PG. If you weren't paying real close attention you wouldn't think anything of it but he was coaching them. Multiple times Lance would start goofing off and playing street ball and Dahntay would get on him and tell him to focus. He kept switching out playing one on one with both of them and wasn't taking it easy. Lance....has amazing talent but he does need to grow up. Some of the moves he was putting on two, what I would consider, good defenders were amazing. He showed some flashes of not being able to be stopped one on one, granted I know it wasn't in an actual game. Dahntey will be a great assistant coach one day. The second thing I noticed was of Collison. That guy was out there the ENTIRE time shooting. I didn't keep track of how many shots he took but he was the first person out there and last person to leave between both teams. Every shot you see him take in the game he was out there practicing. At one point Lance lost had the ball knocked from him from Dahntay and it bounced over to Collison and the reaction from the three of them was great. Dahntay started lecturing him about protecting the ball with his off hand and Collison got on him for messing up his drill he had going on. The look on Lances face as he was glancing back and forth was one of those looks you have a little kid have as he's getting yelled at by both parents at the same time for two or three different things.

As for the game itself, ...... I don't have much to say other than that was some of the dumbest basketball I have ever seen played at that level. Sorry for the long post and for the not having any pictures. I went home to find my roommate had my memory card in their computer and didn't bother to tell me or put it back in my camera.
    -PLAY HARD-

22. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to PacerKnight For This Useful Post: