Thread: Agree or disagree part 3

Default Agree or disagree part 3

I would trade Ron Artest straight up for Paul Pierce.

Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Agree or disagree part 3

Disagree. Would have agreed if we hadn't have traded Al. But now we need ron more than PP.

Well, of course, Paul Pierce can't be traded even up for Ron; He makes twice the dough Ron does.

If there salaries were even, would I do it. Probably, yes. I think Paul Pierce would enjoy being a Pacer immensely and would play very well in concert with JO.

Banned

Yes, I would do it.

Pierce is a good passer, rebounder and can create his own shot and draws a lot of trips to the foul line....and makes them. Not to mention he has a great mid-range game... all of which this team needs badly. His offense would open things up for the entire team...especially JO.

Pierce gets a lot of flack for not being a team player, but that is not true. He has been forced to play the way he has becasue of the make-up of the Celtics. The guy averages 6.5 rebounds and 3.6 assists per game over his career...5 assisits per game last year...with the current Pacer roster he would average 20 plus points 6 boards and 6 assists per game. And would give opposing teams one hell of a dilema in the last two minutes of a close game. Who do you double???? JO?? PP?? That leaves people like Reggie, SJ, JB and Tins in a great position to bury open jumpers or create easy baskets with good ball movement.

Personally I think this is a no brainer...I would do it in a heart beat!!!

Indy's Wild Wild West Side: 8 sec-check...Club Rio-check...Cloud 9-check

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

...Still "flying casual"
    @roaminggnome74

No question. Yes, I would.

Wow, this blows the mind. I was sure everybody would disagree.

Did we watch the same playoffs? Ron ABUSED Pierce on both D and O.

DISAGREE.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Quote Originally Posted by Peck
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I would trade Ron Artest straight up for Paul Pierce.
    Before Al was traded? Agree.

Now? Agree under the condition Rick/Larry/Donnie think he'll be our downfall down the line. If not, disagree.

I refuse to answer the question.

But I must say I am surprised that many of you who seem to be pro Peja are anti Pierce.

If you ask me Pierce is a better player.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

If we had Harrington, Yes

Now.....no

After watching in person how disgraceful Pierce was in the WC's, I never want to see Conseco being his "home" floor again, period.
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Totally agree with Kegboy, watching Pierce force shots and not try on defense in WORLD Championships has forever changed my opinion of him.

Until then I thought he was a good team player. Now I want no part of him.

Quote Originally Posted by Kegboy
    After watching in person how disgraceful Pierce was in the WC's, I never want to see Conseco being his "home" floor again, period.
    You know, until the post after this, I was racking my brain trying to figure out what "WC" was.

Pierce was in the water closet? And you saw him? Weird.

Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

canyoufeelit

Pierce is no doubt the better player. For those of you who disagree such as Kegboy and Anthem, please refer to 2000-2003 years to see Pierce playing at his top level. Yes, he mailed it in very badly at the World Championships, supposedly because he hated George Karl. Yes, he mailed it in this year with all the uncertainty and chaos that was the Green's disastrous 03-04 campaign. That is what I call "evil" Paul Pierce and who I hope I never have the displeasure of seeing again

But the other Pierce? The one who is on par with Kobe and McGrady? The one who with his buddy Toine could will a vastly inferior team to beat one far more talented (2002-2003 Pacers)? (Not to be one who lives in the past, but Pierce certainly abused Ron here... though Ron broke even last year ) The leader and deadly crunch-time scorer that erased a 26 point New Jersey Nets lead and eeked out a victory, in doing so overcoming the biggest defecit ever in NBA playoff history? Hell yeah, you want him on your team before you want Ron Artest.
    [edit=44=1093676891][/edit]

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem
    Pierce was in the water closet? And you saw him? Weird.
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

Before we traded Al, Yes i would do the trade

but now it'd be dumb Stephen Jackson and Pearce in the same line up woulden't work

TinMan, Reg, Piearce O'neal, Foster

nice nice nice

Ya Think Ya Used Enough Dynamite there Butch...

Had to think about this a minute.

No - Artest is a better fit. Before the Jackson trade I might have felt different but with JO, Jackson & Artest you have about the right amount of scoring. Pierce will dominate the ball too much and take away from JO in the post.

And the biggest factor is the team won 61 games last year - there's no imperative to change.

Pierce is the better player but I just don't see the fit with Indy.
    The poster formerly known as Rimfire

I'd trade Ron for Pierce. I think it's just a matter of time before Ron implodes.
    "They could turn out to be only innocent mathematicians, I suppose," muttered Woevre's section officer, de Decker.

"'Only.'" Woevre was amused. "Someday you'll explain to me how that's possible. Seeing that, on the face of it, all mathematics leads, doesn't it, sooner or later, to some kind of human suffering."