Announcement

Collapse

The Rules of Pacers Digest

Hello everyone,

Whether your are a long standing forum member or whether you have just registered today, it's a good idea to read and review the rules below so that you have a very good idea of what to expect when you come to Pacers Digest.

A quick note to new members: Your posts will not immediately show up when you make them. An administrator has to approve at least your first post before the forum software will later upgrade your account to the status of a fully-registered member. This usually happens within a couple of hours or so after your post(s) is/are approved, so you may need to be a little patient at first.

Why do we do this? So that it's more difficult for spammers (be they human or robot) to post, and so users who are banned cannot immediately re-register and start dousing people with verbal flames.

Below are the rules of Pacers Digest. After you have read them, you will have a very good sense of where we are coming from, what we expect, what we don't want to see, and how we react to things.

Rule #1

Pacers Digest is intended to be a place to discuss basketball without having to deal with the kinds of behaviors or attitudes that distract people from sticking with the discussion of the topics at hand. These unwanted distractions can come in many forms, and admittedly it can sometimes be tricky to pin down each and every kind that can rear its ugly head, but we feel that the following examples and explanations cover at least a good portion of that ground and should at least give people a pretty good idea of the kinds of things we actively discourage:

"Anyone who __________ is a liar / a fool / an idiot / a blind homer / has their head buried in the sand / a blind hater / doesn't know basketball / doesn't watch the games"

"People with intelligence will agree with me when I say that __________"

"Only stupid people think / believe / do ___________"

"I can't wait to hear something from PosterX when he/she sees that **insert a given incident or current event that will have probably upset or disappointed PosterX here**"

"He/she is just delusional"

"This thread is stupid / worthless / embarrassing"

"I'm going to take a moment to point and / laugh at PosterX / GroupOfPeopleY who thought / believed *insert though/belief here*"

"Remember when PosterX said OldCommentY that no longer looks good? "

In general, if a comment goes from purely on topic to something 'ad hominem' (personal jabs, personal shots, attacks, flames, however you want to call it, towards a person, or a group of people, or a given city/state/country of people), those are most likely going to be found intolerable.

We also dissuade passive aggressive behavior. This can be various things, but common examples include statements that are basically meant to imply someone is either stupid or otherwise incapable of holding a rational conversation. This can include (but is not limited to) laughing at someone's conclusions rather than offering an honest rebuttal, asking people what game they were watching, or another common problem is Poster X will say "that player isn't that bad" and then Poster Y will say something akin to "LOL you think that player is good". We're not going to tolerate those kinds of comments out of respect for the community at large and for the sake of trying to just have an honest conversation.

Now, does the above cover absolutely every single kind of distraction that is unwanted? Probably not, but you should by now have a good idea of the general types of things we will be discouraging. The above examples are meant to give you a good feel for / idea of what we're looking for. If something new or different than the above happens to come along and results in the same problem (that being, any other attitude or behavior that ultimately distracts from actually just discussing the topic at hand, or that is otherwise disrespectful to other posters), we can and we will take action to curb this as well, so please don't take this to mean that if you managed to technically avoid saying something exactly like one of the above examples that you are then somehow off the hook.

That all having been said, our goal is to do so in a generally kind and respectful way, and that doesn't mean the moment we see something we don't like that somebody is going to be suspended or banned, either. It just means that at the very least we will probably say something about it, quite possibly snipping out the distracting parts of the post in question while leaving alone the parts that are actually just discussing the topics, and in the event of a repeating or excessive problem, then we will start issuing infractions to try to further discourage further repeat problems, and if it just never seems to improve, then finally suspensions or bans will come into play. We would prefer it never went that far, and most of the time for most of our posters, it won't ever have to.

A slip up every once and a while is pretty normal, but, again, when it becomes repetitive or excessive, something will be done. Something occasional is probably going to be let go (within reason), but when it starts to become habitual or otherwise a pattern, odds are very good that we will step in.

There's always a small minority that like to push people's buttons and/or test their own boundaries with regards to the administrators, and in the case of someone acting like that, please be aware that this is not a court of law, but a private website run by people who are simply trying to do the right thing as they see it. If we feel that you are a special case that needs to be dealt with in an exceptional way because your behavior isn't explicitly mirroring one of our above examples of what we generally discourage, we can and we will take atypical action to prevent this from continuing if you are not cooperative with us.

Also please be aware that you will not be given a pass simply by claiming that you were 'only joking,' because quite honestly, when someone really is just joking, for one thing most people tend to pick up on the joke, including the person or group that is the target of the joke, and for another thing, in the event where an honest joke gets taken seriously and it upsets or angers someone, the person who is truly 'only joking' will quite commonly go out of his / her way to apologize and will try to mend fences. People who are dishonest about their statements being 'jokes' do not do so, and in turn that becomes a clear sign of what is really going on. It's nothing new.

In any case, quite frankly, the overall quality and health of the entire forum's community is more important than any one troublesome user will ever be, regardless of exactly how a problem is exhibiting itself, and if it comes down to us having to make a choice between you versus the greater health and happiness of the entire community, the community of this forum will win every time.

Lastly, there are also some posters, who are generally great contributors and do not otherwise cause any problems, who sometimes feel it's their place to provoke or to otherwise 'mess with' that small minority of people described in the last paragraph, and while we possibly might understand why you might feel you WANT to do something like that, the truth is we can't actually tolerate that kind of behavior from you any more than we can tolerate the behavior from them. So if we feel that you are trying to provoke those other posters into doing or saying something that will get themselves into trouble, then we will start to view you as a problem as well, because of the same reason as before: The overall health of the forum comes first, and trying to stir the pot with someone like that doesn't help, it just makes it worse. Some will simply disagree with this philosophy, but if so, then so be it because ultimately we have to do what we think is best so long as it's up to us.

If you see a problem that we haven't addressed, the best and most appropriate course for a forum member to take here is to look over to the left of the post in question. See underneath that poster's name, avatar, and other info, down where there's a little triangle with an exclamation point (!) in it? Click that. That allows you to report the post to the admins so we can definitely notice it and give it a look to see what we feel we should do about it. Beyond that, obviously it's human nature sometimes to want to speak up to the poster in question who has bothered you, but we would ask that you try to refrain from doing so because quite often what happens is two or more posters all start going back and forth about the original offending post, and suddenly the entire thread is off topic or otherwise derailed. So while the urge to police it yourself is understandable, it's best to just report it to us and let us handle it. Thank you!

All of the above is going to be subject to a case by case basis, but generally and broadly speaking, this should give everyone a pretty good idea of how things will typically / most often be handled.

Rule #2

If the actions of an administrator inspire you to make a comment, criticism, or express a concern about it, there is a wrong place and a couple of right places to do so.

The wrong place is to do so in the original thread in which the administrator took action. For example, if a post gets an infraction, or a post gets deleted, or a comment within a larger post gets clipped out, in a thread discussing Paul George, the wrong thing to do is to distract from the discussion of Paul George by adding your off topic thoughts on what the administrator did.

The right places to do so are:

A) Start a thread about the specific incident you want to talk about on the Feedback board. This way you are able to express yourself in an area that doesn't throw another thread off topic, and this way others can add their two cents as well if they wish, and additionally if there's something that needs to be said by the administrators, that is where they will respond to it.

B) Send a private message to the administrators, and they can respond to you that way.

If this is done the wrong way, those comments will be deleted, and if it's a repeating problem then it may also receive an infraction as well.

Rule #3

If a poster is bothering you, and an administrator has not or will not deal with that poster to the extent that you would prefer, you have a powerful tool at your disposal, one that has recently been upgraded and is now better than ever: The ability to ignore a user.

When you ignore a user, you will unfortunately still see some hints of their existence (nothing we can do about that), however, it does the following key things:

A) Any post they make will be completely invisible as you scroll through a thread.

B) The new addition to this feature: If someone QUOTES a user you are ignoring, you do not have to read who it was, or what that poster said, unless you go out of your way to click on a link to find out who it is and what they said.

To utilize this feature, from any page on Pacers Digest, scroll to the top of the page, look to the top right where it says 'Settings' and click that. From the settings page, look to the left side of the page where it says 'My Settings', and look down from there until you see 'Edit Ignore List' and click that. From here, it will say 'Add a Member to Your List...' Beneath that, click in the text box to the right of 'User Name', type in or copy & paste the username of the poster you are ignoring, and once their name is in the box, look over to the far right and click the 'Okay' button. All done!

Rule #4

Regarding infractions, currently they carry a value of one point each, and that point will expire in 31 days. If at any point a poster is carrying three points at the same time, that poster will be suspended until the oldest of the three points expires.

Rule #5

When you share or paste content or articles from another website, you must include the URL/link back to where you found it, who wrote it, and what website it's from. Said content will be removed if this doesn't happen.

An example:

If I copy and paste an article from the Indianapolis Star website, I would post something like this:

http://www.linktothearticlegoeshere.com/article
Title of the Article
Author's Name
Indianapolis Star

Rule #6

We cannot tolerate illegal videos on Pacers Digest. This means do not share any links to them, do not mention any websites that host them or link to them, do not describe how to find them in any way, and do not ask about them. Posts doing anything of the sort will be removed, the offenders will be contacted privately, and if the problem becomes habitual, you will be suspended, and if it still persists, you will probably be banned.

The legal means of watching or listening to NBA games are NBA League Pass Broadband (for US, or for International; both cost money) and NBA Audio League Pass (which is free). Look for them on NBA.com.

Rule #7

Provocative statements in a signature, or as an avatar, or as the 'tagline' beneath a poster's username (where it says 'Member' or 'Administrator' by default, if it is not altered) are an unwanted distraction that will more than likely be removed on sight. There can be shades of gray to this, but in general this could be something political or religious that is likely going to provoke or upset people, or otherwise something that is mean-spirited at the expense of a poster, a group of people, or a population.

It may or may not go without saying, but this goes for threads and posts as well, particularly when it's not made on the off-topic board (Market Square).

We do make exceptions if we feel the content is both innocuous and unlikely to cause social problems on the forum (such as wishing someone a Merry Christmas or a Happy Easter), and we also also make exceptions if such topics come up with regards to a sports figure (such as the Lance Stephenson situation bringing up discussions of domestic abuse and the law, or when Jason Collins came out as gay and how that lead to some discussion about gay rights).

However, once the discussion seems to be more/mostly about the political issues instead of the sports figure or his specific situation, the thread is usually closed.

Rule #8

We prefer self-restraint and/or modesty when making jokes or off topic comments in a sports discussion thread. They can be fun, but sometimes they derail or distract from a topic, and we don't want to see that happen. If we feel it is a problem, we will either delete or move those posts from the thread.

Rule #9

Generally speaking, we try to be a "PG-13" rated board, and we don't want to see sexual content or similarly suggestive content. Vulgarity is a more muddled issue, though again we prefer things to lean more towards "PG-13" than "R". If we feel things have gone too far, we will step in.

Rule #10

We like small signatures, not big signatures. The bigger the signature, the more likely it is an annoying or distracting signature.

Rule #11

Do not advertise anything without talking about it with the administrators first. This includes advertising with your signature, with your avatar, through private messaging, and/or by making a thread or post.
See more
See less

Looking beyond this season and the future Core?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking beyond this season and the future Core?

If you were to step beyond this season and look at the likely core of Players that will remain on the roster and try to envision that future core as a Playoff Caliber Team that is built to get beyond the 1st round of the Playoffs ( a mindset that I think we should be taking after this season IF we return to the Playoffs this season ), what role do you think that each Player would best fit?

We know who will be our future Starting PG, SF and Center:

PG - Collison
    SF - Granger
    C - Hibbert

However, looking at the remaining core of Players that will likely be on the roster ( assuming that we resign McBob and let the Expiring Contracts go ):

AJ / BRush / PG / Posey / Hans / McBob / Inferno / Lance

I think that we have a very solid depth at all positions......but not any real Starters to fill the 2 remaining spots at the Starting SG and PF spots.

AJ - AJ's best suited to be DCs backup at the PG spot. A no-brainer here.

BRush - IMHO, BRush maybe a Starter on a "Bad" to "Playoff Bubble" Team ( basically where we are now )....but on a Playoff Caliber Team....I think that BRush is best suited to be the 1st GF off the bench. To me, on a Playoff Caliber Team....he's not Starting material but a much better option as the 6th Man in our rotation on a really good Team.

Posey - As a smart Veteran GF that can provide some good leadership on the floor ( that won't likely be going anywhere due to the $$ owed to him in the 2011-2012 season ), I think that he'd best fill whatever remaining GF minutes are left behind BRush and next to PG in the GF rotation.

PG - For now; I only see PG playing behind Granger, whatever Starting SG that I think we should get ( assuming that BRush isn't that guy....which I do not ) and BRush in the GF rotation while fighting for whatever leftover minutes that are left for Posey and PG. I'd anticipate AT WORST that next season, PG will be playing next to Posey in the GF rotation ( meaning either of them...but not both....should get 10-15 and AT BEST playing ahead of Posey and next to BRush in the GF rotation. I really hope that he does blossom as a Starter under a new Coach or role...but I think that it will be later rather then sooner ( I hope he proves me wrong in this aspect ).

McBob - On a "Playoff Bubble Team", McBob is a Starter...on a Playoff Caliber Team...he has obvious flaws that will limit his effectiveness. Assuming that we are able to resign him ( which I hope we do ) and seeing how well he has played so far....I really think that he should be the 1st Big Man off the bench to fill the role that Foster should have filled when we were actually a good Team. Offensively, he's still a liability...when he's not doing some Alley-Oop or dunking on someone....but on a Playoff Caliber Team...I think that he'd fill the roll as a 1st Big Man off the bench more then adequately and can ( if injury occurs ) step in to be a good "stop-gap" Starter at the PF or Center spot. To me, McBob has an edge over Hansbrough as the 1st Big Man off the bench.

Hansbrough - Just like BRush, I think that he'd be much better suited to be a rotational Big rather then a Starter. There are some flaws to his game ( as Seth continually likes to point out ), but he's clearly ( at worst ) good enough to be a rotational Player that should get a minimal # of consistent Minutes in the rotation. The question is how well he progresses and how well he does in the next season. For now, I look at Hansbrough ( at best ) next to McBob as the 1st Big Man off the bench but more then likely play behind McBob in the Big Man PF/C rotation.

Inferno / Lance - For now, both of them are inconsequential and in suits.

The reason I bring this is up is because when I started look at the future core how well our Team would fit the mold of being a "Playoff Team and beyond" Team....it gave me an idea about what positions of need we'd have to target to get this Team to the next level.

Thoughts anyone?

What role and position do you think our future likely core of Players will fill IF we wanted to start making a major push for the Playoffs and to try to get past the 1st round?

Right now, McBob and BRush are our Starters...but I feel that if we are to get over the next "hump", they are much better suited to be 6th/7th rotational Players as the "1st GF" or "1st Big Man" off the bench. To me, if we get a taste of the Playoffs...unless PG, Lance and Hansbrough take significant steps forward and they "finally get it"...I think that Bird and Company will be looking more to in "Win now" while looking less on the Younger Players to "get it". This would likely translate into looking to sign either a Starting quality PF and/or a Starting quality SG to fill out the roster. This ( of course ) dove-tails into the whole "Make a run for Iggy or not" thread.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

Re: Looking beyond this season and the future Core?

Thank you. I agree with everything you said 100%

In my opinion we also need a tall, rebounding, and shotblocking third big. Josh can do that, but he may be our starter next year. So we need a tall third big who brings energy and who can dunk in traffic.

Rush is perfect as our 3rd wing so we need an upgrade as our starting wing. Same w/ George as our backup small forward. We can have a beastly rotation of defenders there. James Posey plays spot minutes some games.

Comment

I think it should be mentioned that Solo is playing super solid of late. He's filling that role playing 3rd big spot pretty nicely.

Comment

Originally posted by QuickRelease View Post
        I think it should be mentioned that Solo is playing super solid of late. He's filling that role playing 3rd big spot pretty nicely.
        I agree. However, we still need someone that has a consistent positive impact in games off the bench like Tony or Foster in the past for us.

Don't get me wrong though. Solo has been playing great for his standards. But we can still get a player who is more dynamic and who can be trusted in posting up, getting offensive rebounds, and blocking shots.

Comment

Quality starters currently on team:

PG - Collison
          SF - Granger
          C - Hibbert

Subs:

PF - McRoberts, Hansbough, Posey (minimal minutes; next season only)
          PG - Price
          SG - Rush, DJones (next season only)
          SF - Rush, Posey (next season only), George
          C - NONE

By no means to we have solid/quality depth... at least not for a team capable of making a deep run into the playoffs. I don't think we should mistake the fact that we have better depth at this time than we have had for the last 3-4 years for quality depth that better performing playoff teams have and need.

Price - Questionable backup. This is a drop a deuce or get off the pot season for AJ. He must evolve into a solid backup. We will not have Ford next season and it must be determined whether AJ can adequately provide quality backup minutes that will be required. Otherwise, we will be looking looking for a backup PG next summer, with AJ either gone or relegated to 3rd string.

BRush - Solid backup. I think Rush would make an excellent backup SG for probably any team in the league. Therefore, we should count ourselves lucky to haver Rush available to come off the bench in the coming seasons. He can also handle backup SF minutes depending on the match up and what is needed. But even with a top-notch SG starting in front of him, we should still expect to use him at least 25 minutes per game.

Posey - Veteran/knowledgeable backup. I believe Posey will be used next year much like he is being used this season. As a player that contirbutes to defense and as a spot shooter. He will see minutes at SF and also at PF, depending on the match up. I think this will be true regardless of a possibe coaching change for next season.

George - Unknown backup ability. At this time, it cannot be predicted whether George will see any court time at all. This year and what he can accomplish in training next summer will dictate how George will be used next season. He somehow needs to find the light switch. Otherwise, Posey will see the majority of backup minutes next season rather than George. So based on what I've seen so far, I think AT BEST, George will get 15 minutes a game and be ahead of Posey in the depth chart. AT WORST, next season will be a repeat of what we have seen so far of him this season.

McRoberts - Energetic backup. Every team needs a player like McRoberts in its front court off the bench. Goes after every loose ball; seems to have a knack for keeping rebounds alive. A decent physical presence.

Hansbrough - Similar to McRoberts in what he brings, except that he has an offensive game. Does not have good enough defensive skills to meet our needs at PF, but is a decent big off the bench.

I could see the Pacers attempting to re-sign Dunleavy for a lot less money than he is making now if his contract cannot be used in a sign-and-trade to acquire another player. Even with better starters, he can make a great contribution at both wing positions.

So, we still have a lot of needs to evolve into a very good playoff team.

PF - Need a quality starter.
          SG - Need a quality starter.
          C - Need a quality backup.

Comment

I have to agree with much of what has been said already.

Many of the current Pacers can be a part of a championship team. They have the makings of a strong bench. I think the Pacers need a couple of things in their starting lineup.

- A 20 PPG scorer, either SG or PF
            - Elite defensive PF

The Pacers do not have a Dwight Howard of Kobe Bryant. They cannot follow the mode the Magic and Lakers have used to build championship caliber teams. They must follow the Celtic's mode. To do that they need to be a top 3 defensive team and they need another 20 PPG scorer.

Danny and Roy are 20 PPG scorers. If Roy isn't he is very close and I don't think anyone would argue he can be a top 3 scorer on a championship team.

It is likely the scoring will have to come from the SG spot. All around PFs are very difficult to get. I think that Paul George could develop into that guy. Some say he can't play SG but what he really lacks are ballhandling skills and he can develop that.

Comment

Where are all the posters who were saying JOB was an idiot for playing Solo??? Wait...what was that you said???

JOB might have seen some potential in Solo and thought with some minutes he might figure it out....NOOOO not an established NBA coach...guy is just clueless! We all know that.
              *removed* Just keep politics and religion completely out of it, please.

Comment

Originally posted by BringJackBack View Post
                Thank you. I agree with everything you said 100%

In my opinion we also need a tall, rebounding, and shotblocking third big. Josh can do that, but he may be our starter next year. So we need a tall third big who brings energy and who can dunk in traffic.

Rush is perfect as our 3rd wing so we need an upgrade as our starting wing. Same w/ George as our backup small forward. We can have a beastly rotation of defenders there. James Posey plays spot minutes some games.
                This is what I'm trying to gauge from all of you.....do we have all of our necessary Starters NOW to make a real run at returning to our prominence years ago where we were considered a perennial "2nd round Playoff or beyond" Playoff Team starting in the next 2 years?

My impresson is that we don't. BRush and McBob are the perfect examples of Players that are Starters on a Bad or "Playoff Bubble" Team ( exactly what they are now ). However, on a really good "Playoff or Beyond" Team....they wouldn't be Starters but Backup Players at their respective positions.

The best way that I can put it is to imagine a 2nd unit that comprised AJ/BRush/Posey(or PG)/Hans/McBob. To me....that is solid Depth that is needed to get us to the next level.

My thought is that if you look at it that way.....then 2 primary objectives that I think that Bird should really look at in the offseason is to get a Starting PF ( duh ) AND a high quality Starting SG....where one ( but not both ) could be top-tier Players at their respective positions.

We certainly have the $$$ to go after them in the offseason and I think that Bird is ready to make a huge move to get us to the next level as opposed to slowly wait for PG and Lance to develop.

Comment

I still would put McBob ahead of Solo in the rotation. I know that he's been doing much better as of late....but if I were to look at what he does and where he would fit on a "Playoff or beyond" Team....then IMHO, he'd be considered the 5th Big Man at the end of the bench.....specifically a Big Man that would only get time if Hibbert, our Starting PF, McBob and Hansbrough gets injured. At best....next season....if Solo were on the roster and we were to get a Starting PF....my Big Man PF/C rotation consists of (1) Hibbert, (2) whatever Starting PF that we get, (3) McBob and Hansbrough and Solo fighting for the leftover minutes. Given my preference to develop Hansbrough...I'd easily prefer to put Hansbrough ahead of Solo or whoever we sign as a Big Man to warm the bench.

Where we are right now.....Solo gets minutes because we do not have a true Starting PF ( despite McBob doing his best impression of one ). Looking at Teams that are built to not only make it to the Playoffs but compete in the Playoffs that could make it to the 2nd round and beyond ( such as the Spurs or the Jazz ) and a Player like Solo would be warming the bench as a Cheerleader.

Again....don't look at where the Team is now ( a "Playoff Bubble" or "A Likely 1st round Playoff Exit" Team ), looking at the Team this way and I think that Players like Solo are regular rotational Players and McBob and BRush are Starters. Over the last 3 seasons...we were at the "Let's just make it to the Playoffs" level....to me, given our performance as of late...I feel that we will likely get there by this season.

I wanted to take a look at what we'd need to do to get to that "Next Level"...specifically what it would take to get us back to where we were before as a perennial Playoff bound Team that can make it to the 2nd round..if not the ECF.
                  Last edited by CableKC; 12-02-2010, 03:03 PM.

Comment

These aren't established veterans with known quantities (and ceilings).
                    BRush and McBob are YOUNG players that might be a whole lot better in another year. Brandon is showing assertiveness and maturity and McBob is playing for the first time.
                    Both can be a lot better in the future, as can Tyler and AJ.

Comment

Originally posted by BringJackBack View Post
                      I agree. However, we still need someone that has a consistent positive impact in games off the bench like Tony or Foster in the past for us.

Don't get me wrong though. Solo has been playing great for his standards. But we can still get a player who is more dynamic and who can be trusted in posting up, getting offensive rebounds, and blocking shots.
                      To me, I think that McBob would do a good job of filling the hole that Foster will likely vacate in our PF/C rotation. He's a high-energy guy that can rebound, block shots, provide solid defense, athleticsm, act as a disruptor on the defensive end, and provide some solid Big-Man passing for 20 minutes a game.

Comment

Originally posted by CableKC View Post
                        I still would put McBob ahead of Solo in the rotation. I know that he's been doing much better as of late....but if I were to look at what he does and where he would fit on a "Playoff or beyond" Team....then IMHO, he'd be considered the 5th Big Man at the end of the bench.....specifically a Big Man that would only get time if Hibbert, our Starting PF, McBob and Hansbrough gets injured. At best....next season....if Solo were on the roster and we were to get a Starting PF....my Big Man PF/C rotation consists of (1) Hibbert, (2) whatever Starting PF that we get, (3) McBob and Hansbrough and Solo fighting for the leftover minutes. Given my preference to develop Hansbrough...I'd easily prefer to put Hansbrough ahead of Solo or whoever we sign as a Big Man to warm the bench.

Where we are right now.....Solo gets minutes because we do not have a true Starting PF ( despite McBob doing his best impression of one ). Looking at Teams that are built to not only make it to the Playoffs but compete in the Playoffs that could make it to the 2nd round and beyond ( such as the Spurs or the Jazz ) and a Player like Solo would be warming the bench as a Cheerleader.

Again....don't look at where the Team is now ( a "Playoff Bubble" or "A Likely 1st round Playoff Exit" Team ), looking at the Team this way and I think that Players like Solo are regular rotational Players and McBob and BRush are Starters. Over the last 3 seasons...we were at the "Let's just make it to the Playoffs" level....to me, given our performance as of late...I feel that we will likely get there by this season.

I wanted to take a look at what we'd need to do to get to that "Next Level"...specifically what it would take to get us back to where we were before as a perennial Playoff bound Team that can make it to the 2nd round..if not the ECF.
                        Solo blocked or altered 3 shots in about 2 minutes last game. He is starting to become a factor and looking MUCH more confident out there.
                        He seems to be much more of a "center like" guy than McBob and Tyler.

Comment

Originally posted by MLB007 View Post
                          These aren't established veterans with known quantities (and ceilings).
                          BRush and McBob are YOUNG players that might be a whole lot better in another year. Brandon is showing assertiveness and maturity and McBob is playing for the first time.
                          Both can be a lot better in the future, as can Tyler and AJ.
                          I do not doubt that they will improve.....but I do not see any of them as the type of high-quality Starters that we will need if we are to compete with the 2nd-tier Playoff Teams.

I'm not trying to be-little what they are doing now or what they can do.....but using the ceiling of Granger and Hibbert as models.....I just don't see either McBob or BRush as having as high of a ceiling for them as many of you do.

This doesn't mean that they can't contribute...I just see them as better contributors with a more focused role as a Backup ( playing 24-28 mpg ) as opposed to a Starter.

Comment

Am I the only one who think back up PG is a position of need as well? I mean AJ is good and all but he isn't much bigger than DC. This past week has shown that we need some size at the PG spot. I don't think Lance is the answer.
                            You can't get champagne from a garden hose.

Comment

Originally posted by MLB007 View Post
                              Solo blocked or altered 3 shots in about 2 minutes last game. He is starting to become a factor and looking MUCH more confident out there.
                              He seems to be much more of a "center like" guy than McBob and Tyler.
                              Based off of what we know....if McBob or Solo were on a Team like the Spurs or Jazz....which one would likely get regular rotational minutes?

With admitted preference for McBob...my best guess is that Solo wouldn't crack the rotation and get regular minutes on a 2nd Tier Team on a regular basis.

I'll default to my initial answer....I think that McBob is clearly ahead of Solo as a rotational Big Man Player. At best....if it comes to Solo and Hansbrough as to who will get the minutes next.....I can see arguments that either is better then the other given the situation. But at this point...we're talking about a 4th/5th Big Man in the rotation. If given the choice...I'd rather have Hansbrough be the 4th Big Man..which would leave whoever is left as the 5th Big Man getting garbage minutes.
                              Last edited by CableKC; 12-02-2010, 03:26 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X