Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: POR Deal

Brandon Roy knees are bad.

Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Brandon Roy knees are bad.
    Yea. If B. Roy was more healthy, then I'd say absolutely for us.

But losing Paul George AND a first rounder seems like a big gamble for someone with Roy's injury history.
    Stop quoting people I have on ignore!

crazy shinaniganz BringJackBack's Avatar

Very good proposal, but I don't know for certain if Portland would bite. Yet.

Roy's injury history concerns me, but he is still young PLUS he is much better than Mike and George right now combined.

I love Paul George, but come on, this is a top 20 player in this league.

Quote Originally Posted by BringJackBack View Post
    Very good proposal, but I don't know for certain if Portland would bite. Yet.

Roy's injury history concerns me, but he is still young PLUS he is much better than Mike and George right now combined.

I love Paul George, but come on, this is a top 20 player in this league.
    I agree. Roy is a top 20 player, but I'm just not sold on trading a young prospect AND a first for a guy who could very well spend the rest of his career injury plagued.

Then again, he could be healthy for the rest of his career and dominate.

Honestly, this is a very good and tough proposal.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Psyren For This Useful Post:

Very likely scenario as well as both Roy and Iggy are stinking it up right now and it seems as if they are just looking for a change of scenery.

Quote Originally Posted by BringJackBack View Post
    Very likely scenario as well as both Roy and Iggy are stinking it up right now and it seems as if they are just looking for a change of scenery.
    Agreed. I think we could really get over the hump if we added another big star like Roy or Iggy.

Both would fit well here, IMO, and we have more than enough expirings to offer cap space to these teams plus a pick.

Rooting My Family 2 Glory CooperManning's Avatar

I'd do this if it weren't for B. Roy's knee. It could very well cut his career short and at the very least cause him to miss several games a year.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Honestly, I have no idea why Portland would do this unless they were 100% certain that Roy would never be able to play at a fairly high level ever again. I don't think they're giving up on him yet. And if they aren't, they wouldn't touch this trade.

Mood

According to a source, Brandon Roy spoke to Blazers management about the need for him to be split up from his backcourt mate Andre Miller.

“It’s not true,’’ GM Rich Cho said on Thursday.

Roy reportedly respects Miller as a player, but it has been difficult for him to coexist with a ball-dominating guard.

“He knows ‘Dre is good,’’ a person close to Roy said. “But he feels that most of the elite-level two-guards are better with the ball in their hands.’’

-ESPN via RealGm

Read more: http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_ar...#ixzz18Ojxffx2

You know what? I have a feeling that BRoy is bad for team chemistry. Extremely high maintenance, oft injured, etc.

He's been through this with everyone besides Steve Blake...

I'd still take a chance on him, but after a reportedly terrible month, I'm becoming skeptical of him being consistently healthy throughout his career. But he was a hell of a player two years ago, simply amazing.

Mood

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by pacergod2 View Post
    According to a source, Brandon Roy spoke to Blazers management about the need for him to be split up from his backcourt mate Andre Miller.

“It’s not true,’’ GM Rich Cho said on Thursday.

Roy reportedly respects Miller as a player, but it has been difficult for him to coexist with a ball-dominating guard.

“He knows ‘Dre is good,’’ a person close to Roy said. “But he feels that most of the elite-level two-guards are better with the ball in their hands.’’

-ESPN via RealGm

Read more: http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_ar...#ixzz18Ojxffx2
    The obvious response here is that, if this is all true, the Blazers are more likely to trade the aging Andre to, say, Denver or New Jersey in the Carmelo Discussions, than they are to trade their All-star shooting guard to the Pacers, especially for MDJ or George. Roy's been in and out, and so has Oden, but the Blazers FO would be drunk and stupid to consider this trade.

In addition to that, we still have Paul George, who has yet to receive sufficient playing time in JO'B's rotation. He's been compared to Trevor Ariza, Danny Granger, and Tracy McGrady. All three of these players took time to break out, so it's going to take Paul some time, too. However, it's impossible to gauge that when he sits on the bench in a suit every game due to JO'B's poor excuse for a "working rotation."

Regardless, if this (impossible) deal were on the table, I can't say I wouldn't object too much. Injuries are a killer, but Roy can work through it. However, the same "problem" in Portland would occur here, as we're still working to implement a brand new point guard (DC) into our offense, and Roy insists on having the ball in his hands.

Trade Grade: C+, for believability (or lack thereof) that this trade could or would happen.
    witters: @imbtyler, @postgameonline

Quote Originally Posted by Day-V View Post
    In conclusion, Paul George is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slick Pinkham View Post
    Our arena, their arena, Rucker park, it just doesn't matter. We're bigger, longer, younger, faster, and hungrier.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by imbtyler View Post
    The obvious response here is that, if this is all true, the Blazers are more likely to trade the aging Andre to, say, Denver or New Jersey in the Carmelo Discussions, than they are to trade their All-star shooting guard to the Pacers, especially for MDJ or George. Roy's been in and out, and so has Oden, but the Blazers FO would be drunk and stupid to consider this trade.

In addition to that, we still have Paul George, who has yet to receive sufficient playing time in JO'B's rotation. He's been compared to Trevor Ariza, Danny Granger, and Tracy McGrady. All three of these players took time to break out, so it's going to take Paul some time, too. However, it's impossible to gauge that when he sits on the bench in a suit every game due to JO'B's poor excuse for a "working rotation."

Regardless, if this (impossible) deal were on the table, I can't say I wouldn't object too much. Injuries are a killer, but Roy can work through it. However, the same "problem" in Portland would occur here, as we're still working to implement a brand new point guard (DC) into our offense, and Roy insists on having the ball in his hands.

Trade Grade: C+, for believability (or lack thereof) that this trade could or would happen.
    Wow. I know Roy is good, but they are also saving roughly $70M in this deal. That's nothing to scoff at. I know they have Paul Allen, but their cap situation leaves them with little to no flexibility for the next 5 years. They have some excellent wing players. Paul George was a top 10 pick and to get another lottery pick next year is a pretty good player for a player that is discontent with their situation.

I don't argue with you stance on Paul George on the Pacers, but what does that have to do with this trade? If they think that Roy's injury history and the $80+M they owe him along with him asking for a trade, this is a pretty solid deal. Could they cajole more out of us, probably. But a guy with HUGE upside and another first rounder, plus savings of $70M in real money and future cap space is a pretty legit return for Roy as it stands right now.

Well, it seems as if Roy's career has gone to crap. Apparently he won't ever be able to play at a high level again.

If we were to pick him up, I have a feeling that he'd be more of a burden than a good player. Too much $$$, not enough healthy games or production.