Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 28

Thread: The funny thing about avatars...

  1. #1
    White and Nerdy Anthem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    23,716

    Default The funny thing about avatars...

    Peck, your response to Sassan got me thinking about this.

    I know you cycled through avatars for a long time, and that the Mr. Burns one is probably just a temporary stop. But when I read your response to Sassan, I literally scrolled through the picture in my head looking for Mr Burns.

    UncleBuck had several avatars before his current one, but in my head I always imagine that he looks like John Candy.

    Not having met anyone on this forum except Rimfire, I have a mental picture of most of you that's in large part taken from your avatar. Is that just me, or do other people do this?

    Although I hadn't thought about it until just now, I suppose this makes Hicks' avatar somewhat disturbing....
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

    • Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

    Enjoy your time at PD!

  2. #2
    sweabs
    Guest

    Default Re: The funny thing about avatars...

    I do that for Unclebuck as well...

    We should have a thread going somewhere with peoples actual pictures if they care to post them.

  3. #3
    Wasting Light Hicks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,585
    Mood

    Default Re: The funny thing about avatars...

    If I looked like one of the girls in my avatar, I'd be a lesbian.

    And for the record, no, Uncle Buck isn't nearly that fat, to my knowledge doesn't wear that hat, and I'm almost postive doesn't walk around with a sinister grin on his face holding a power drill.


  4. #4
    White and Nerdy Anthem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    23,716

    Default Re: The funny thing about avatars...

    I dunno, Hicks, I actually don't think either one of the girls in your av is that hot. If they were alone, you wouldn't look twice.

    You know who really had better not look like his avatar? Kegboy.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

    • Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

    Enjoy your time at PD!

  5. #5
    Wasting Light Hicks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,585
    Mood

    Default Re: The funny thing about avatars...

    But gosh darn it, people like Kegboy.

  6. #6
    year of the black rainbow obnoxiousmodesty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Lafayette, IN
    Age
    32
    Posts
    4,291

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: The funny thing about avatars...

    Hmmm......
    [edit=57=1093586912][/edit]
    Take me out to the black, tell 'em I ain't coming back. Burn the land and boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me.

  7. #7
    Wasting Light Hicks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,585
    Mood

    Default Re: The funny thing about avatars...

    I can also vouch that obnox, in fact, DOES wear that outfit! It was quite uncomforting at the Forum Party

    But then again, I like to stand at the front of ships at sunset with Brad Miller, so.....

  8. #8
    Joel
    Guest

    Default Re: The funny thing about avatars...

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthem
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I dunno, Hicks, I actually don't think either one of the girls in your av is that hot. If they were alone, you wouldn't look twice.
    You're kidding, right?

    (I'm just stuck on that avatar. I may have to get the poster.)

  9. #9
    flexible and robust SoupIsGood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Lappy Go Hucky
    Age
    25
    Posts
    17,541

    Default Re: The funny thing about avatars...

    Theyre really not that hot. Theyre just kissing.
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

  10. #10
    Joel
    Guest

    Default Re: The funny thing about avatars...

    It's just the whole package I think. he pose, the film style, etc.. great artistic photography.

    Oh yeah.. they're still pretty hot in their own right, but I guess I'd prefer it if it were Liv Tyler and Aleka Kamila.

  11. #11
    Administrator Peck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    12,256

    Default Re: The funny thing about avatars...

    Actually obnoxious I've always wondered.

    Who the heck is that in your avatar?


    Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

  12. #12
    Jerm
    Guest

    Default Re: The funny thing about avatars...

    Quote Originally Posted by Peck
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Actually obnoxious I've always wondered.

    Who the heck is that in your avatar?

    I can answer that question for you. It's a picture of Thora Birch from the movie Ghostworld. Scarlett Johansson is also in that movie.

    [edit=347=1093597487][/edit]

  13. #13
    Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Cumberland
    Posts
    14,848
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: The funny thing about avatars...

    I'm attemptimg to edit mine, as you speak.
    If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..

  14. #14
    Administrator Roaming Gnome's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Indy's Wild Wild West Side: 8 sec-check...Club Rio-check...Cloud 9-check
    Age
    40
    Posts
    5,927

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: The funny thing about avatars...

    <<<
    Actually a few times I've had my real pic up a few times and it looks nothing like my alter 'avitar' ego. As for the origional question...does someone elses avitar put a mental image of who you they are in my mind... I would have to say yes. So I was absolutly shocked when I went to the Forum Party in July!
    ...Still "flying casual"
    @roaminggnome74

  15. #15
    Wasting Light Hicks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,585
    Mood

    Default Re: The funny thing about avatars...

    Yeah, I did that too before the forum party. I associated everyone with either their avatar, the smilies they liked to use, and/or how I read their posts to sound.

  16. #16
    Member Doug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,599

    Default Re: The funny thing about avatars...

    I look nothing like my avatar. Really. :-)
    You're caught up in the Internet / you think it's such a great asset / but you're wrong, wrong, wrong
    All that fiber optic gear / still cannot take away the fear / like an island song

    - Jimmy Buffett

  17. #17
    Offical Thread Killer TheSauceMaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Age
    45
    Posts
    3,890
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: The funny thing about avatars...

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthem
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I dunno, Hicks, I actually don't think either one of the girls in your av is that hot. If they were alone, you wouldn't look twice.
    Agreed 100%


  18. #18
    Wasting Light Hicks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,585
    Mood

    Default Re: The funny thing about avatars...

    You picky people make me sick; SICK, ya hear?!

    Seriously, I think both are very attractive, and the situation they're in certainly helps, but I would never say they ARENT hot. LESS hot than some girls maybe.

  19. #19
    Offical Thread Killer TheSauceMaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Age
    45
    Posts
    3,890
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: The funny thing about avatars...

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicks
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You picky people make me sick; SICK, ya hear?!

    Seriously, I think both are very attractive, and the situation they're in certainly helps, but I would never say they ARENT hot. LESS hot than some girls maybe.

    HICKS ...I LOVE YOU MAN ( In a NON Gay WAY OF COURSE)
    !!!!!!

    [edit=279=1093613040][/edit]

  20. #20
    Zesty
    Guest

    Default Re: The funny thing about avatars...

    I don't look like my avatar, but I have been told while playing hoops that I have chimpanzee arms.

  21. #21
    Member pollardfreek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Modesto, CA
    Age
    26
    Posts
    871

    Default Re: The funny thing about avatars...

    Not only that, over 50% of people on PD are black and play in the NBA.

  22. #22
    Member indytoad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    30
    Posts
    2,503

    Default Re: The funny thing about avatars...

    It's never come up, but it's true: I am, in actuality, animated.

    IndyToad
    Like a fox

  23. #23
    Member Doug in CO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Boulder, CO
    Age
    45
    Posts
    1,176

    Default Re: The funny thing about avatars...

    Mine is the boy - so it looks a bit like me
    Heywoode says... work hard man.

  24. #24

    Default Re: The funny thing about avatars...

    Quote Originally Posted by Peck
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Actually obnoxious I've always wondered.

    Who the heck is that in your avatar?
    It's Thora Birch in Ghost World.

  25. #25
    stipo
    Guest

    Default Re: The funny thing about avatars...

    For those of you who don't think the girls are hot, I suggest that you adjust your monitor.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •