Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: A question for the OB haters

Banned

Default A question for the OB haters

If all the maladies of this team are due to the coach,
    what say you now?

Default Re: A question for the OB haters

This does not seem like a good idea for a thread.

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to LG33 For This Useful Post:

Banned

Seems like a fine idea to me.

FWIW, if JOB gets the team to the playoffs (and that looks very realistic) and they have a good showing, he'll probably get brought back. If they win a series, he most definitely gets brought back (and I realize I'm getting ahead of myself here).

Not that I would bring him back or that I think they should bring him back, but that's what would probably happen.

Banned

That he still sucks and I'll be happy when he leaves.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

If Murphy was still here do you think this team would be playing any better than last year?

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Eleazar For This Useful Post:

Protect the Promise. HOOPFANATIC's Avatar

Murphy, Head, and Watson.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Eleazar View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If Murphy was still here do you think this team would be playing any better than last year?
    Don't think there's much doubt they would be playing better.
    Added Darren (big)
    TJ is playing well (big)
    Danny is playing D and sharing the ball (HUGE)
    Roy is vastly improved.
    Brandon is looking scary good at times.

Yeh, I think the whole team is better and would be even if Murph was getting the minutes at 4.

But not AS good as this team.

I should add at this point last season the team was 6-7, actually it is quite common for this team to have a record around .500 at the beginning of the season. As long as JOB has been here his teams have started and finished pretty well, it is the middle part of the season that they have sucked.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I should add at this point last season the team was 6-7, actually it is quite common for this team to have a record around .500 at the beginning of the season. As long as JOB has been here his teams have started and finished pretty well, it is the middle part of the season that they have sucked.
    I don't care about records that much. This year's team just looks a lot better.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:

Um...the team was 5-0 without Murphy and 1-7 with him at that stage.

15. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to BlueNGold For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Just because he does a few things right doesn't change the past 3 seasons of questionable decision after questionable decision.

IMO, he's still making some head scratching decisions this season, we have just played well enough to overcome some of them.

I still want him gone very badly, I'd be absolutly sick if he is here after this season.
    "Just look at the flowers ........ BANG"

17. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Hoop For This Useful Post:

Custom User Titleist
    Mood

"Pax O'Briena - Detente" continues to hold for the second game in my sector.

I still believe that the Orlando loss was on O'Brien. Anything good that he did during that game was irrelevant because it did not come in a winning effort, and his lack of seeing that the guys didn't have the legs to both shoot 3's and play with the defensive intensity that they had to that game to be competitive was pretty much a failure to adjust, which cost them the game. That was the third game to the minus side for O'Brien so far this season in my view.

Winning the second of the back to back in convincing fashion is indicative of a maturation of the team in its effort to continue implementing the changes that have been made by O'Brien, to his credit, this season.

The defense is far better than any previously played under O'Brien during his time here, and of all things I think Danny being dissed by Team USA due to lack of defensive effort has a lot to do with his current much improved defensive play, coupled with a much more agressive Rush being better on both ends of the floor.

The offense is also improved, due to TJ Ford and Rush playing better, Granger being healthy, and doses of Hibbert being thrown in for good measure against teams who choose to let him score instead of Granger. Also, there have been periods where there has been good ball and player movement, which is probably due to a focus change in an effort to get Roy the ball more than he has had it in the past.

Yes, O'Brien himself has improved somewhat at this point, but I am not yet convinced that he will not revert to his old ways if things continue to go south with respect to teams choosing to take Hibbert out of the equation. I am afraid that he will feel as if he has no choice but to push the ball and go smaller and encourage quicker shots, and that he will rely on Posey as a "stretch 4" to compensate for Roy in an effort to "stretch the court", which will lead to a deterioration overall in my view.

Stay tuned for further updates to the evolving story..."Pax O'Briena - Detente".

Quote Originally Posted by MLB007 View Post
    Don't think there's much doubt they would be playing better.
    Added Darren (big)
    TJ is playing well (big)
    Danny is playing D and sharing the ball (HUGE)
    Roy is vastly improved.
    Brandon is looking scary good at times.

Yeh, I think the whole team is better and would be even if Murph was getting the minutes at 4.

But not AS good as this team.
    A big part in Roy playing better is he isn't playing next to Murphy. If you compare his stats last year without Murphy they are extremely similar to this year, in fact almost spot on.

Danny has always been able to play defense, the fact he decided to play defense the past 4 games I think shows more about his experience on Team USA than JOB.

Rush's play has little to do with JOB and more about him waking up which I accredit to Granger.

I honestly don't see how our PG play has improved that much, it may be better, but it isn't difference maker better.

I think you are underestimating the affect Murphy had on this team. He was that big of a detriment to this team. He was a bad example to everyone. Him playing showed to everyone that defense doesn't matter.

This team played a lot like they are right now last year when Murphy wasn't playing.

Also keep in mind last year at this point this team had a 6-7 record. Also we only beat Miami, it isn't like we blew out Boston, LA, or Orlando. It was Miami. They may have 2 of the top 5 individual players on their team, but they are not a complete team. If you can shut down either Wade or Lebron you are going to win 9 times out of 10. Once you get past those two players they have no one worth mentioning.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Ill give him credit for only playing mike vs Parker. and playing rush the rest of the gm

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    I don't care about records that much. This year's team just looks a lot better.
    Yeh, I don't care what the records say, this is a MUCH better team than past years.
    Not like we're going to stay consistant, but the upside they have shown the past 2 games is awfully impressive.
    As is the fact that we are playing DEFENSE.
    And that doesn't happen on it's own......

Yeh, I don't care what the records say, this is a MUCH better team than past years.
    Not like we're going to stay consistant, but the upside they have shown the past 2 games is awfully impressive.
    Even the losses have been competitive compared to last year. You are seeing good teams struggle to beat us. That was not the case last year...or the previous year. It was an easy victory for both good and average teams. That is no longer the case.

It happens when the GM takes away the worst defensive player on the team.

JOB is still an average coach and just like any player he should be upgraded if the opportunity presents itslef.

Mood

3 games the orlando game was really good. Showed that we can defend and hang with a good team.,

I say 2 games where we can acknowledge that Jim has done a great job does not equal redemption for 3+ years of ...

However, if we can continue to totally dominate the competition over the course of this season, I will become a believer.

26. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to PaceBalls For This Useful Post:

Mood

lets not forget he cost us the Bucks game. His end of game plans and plays sucks. and how does tyler not play the 1st half then start the 2nd. His rotations are wack

28. The Following User Says Thank You to pacer4ever For This Useful Post:

You guys are saying the same thing people were saying last year when this team started 5-3, weirdly that was also when Murphy was out. Seriously am I the only one with any kind of long term memory here. It wasn't that long ago that you guys were panicking because this team was playing like ****, now because this team has beaten some bad teams they are suddenly it is because of JOB. Even though we saw this team play very much like this team whenever Murphy was not playing or McRoberts played more than 5 minutes.

30. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Eleazar For This Useful Post:

It is ka Thankee sai Major Cold's Avatar
    Mood

We can allow for the players to adjust and grow with the team, overlooking their past mistakes. But with the coaches they get no such grace?

I think the Heat game was a win all on JOB and so did NBATV. Having the players play under the pick n roll was a good call and a change of pace for JOB.

I think Posey's minutes will get slightly less as Foster and Hans get more comfortable.

Feed the big fella. Infinite MAN_force's Avatar

I'll repost what I said in the awards thread. I'm cautiously not terrified, but if the team keeps playing the way it is I can't help but give him some credit.

His rotations confuse me sometimes, but as far as the offense and defense we are running, I have no issues. The team is bringing it on defense the last two games, and when we execute the passing offense it is a thing of Beauty.

Sometimes I think he overemphasizes pushing the tempo. Its great when things are going well, but when it isn't, things can get out of control quickly. I think he is slow to call timeouts in these situations to stem the tide, he tends to let the team sink or swim. I think this is what happened in the Philly game and we got buried. Sometimes you have to call a timeout and run some set plays to settle the team down.

Based on the execution recently, it seems like he has the team ready to play. They are really executing offensively and defensively and there is something to be said for that.

He still has a tendency to over rely on certain veterans. Outside of a few timely threes here and there, I really question how much Posey brings to the rotation. If he isn't hitting threes he really doesn't effect the game and while his team defense is very good, at times he is a liability one on one. I would like to see Tyler getting more consistent minutes.

I'm feeling very optimistic right now, I feel like this team is going to play well from here on out and be clearly in the playoff picture for the rest of the season. Does this mean Jim gets an extension? I feel less terrified right now at this prospect than I did a few months ago. One good test of a coach is how they coach in a playoff series against the same team multiple nights. At this point the jury is out...

Although in all honesty, I still really hope we look elsewhere... but I wouldn't lose my mind if Jim got extended. Knowing Jim however, that could change quickly. I would feel more comfortable if he could settle into some kind of consistent rotation.
    "As a bearded man, i was very disappointed in Love. I am gathering other bearded men to discuss the status of Kevin Love's beard. I am motioning that it must be shaved."

- ilive4sports

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Major Cold View Post
    We can allow for the players to adjust and grow with the team, overlooking their past mistakes. But with the coaches they get no such grace?

I think the Heat game was a win all on JOB and so did NBATV. Having the players play under the pick n roll was a good call and a change of pace for JOB.

I think Posey's minutes will get slightly less as Foster and Hans get more comfortable.
    no Sherlock it is common sense that u want Lebron and Dwade shooting jump shoots not driving to the bucket. Almost every team goes under the PnR vs them. Thats like saying we are great for going under the PnR with Rondo. JOB still has hibbert taking 20fters which is retarted he is 7"2 not 6"2. I give the defenseive credit to Danny. If u see ur best player playing defense and giving 100% every play normaly u will follow the leader. Good job Danny for making sure u give an effort on defense.