Thread: Blogger visits all 30 stadiums in 60 days, says the Fieldhouse is the best

assuming PG gets back... Heisenberg's Avatar

Sports Logo

Default Blogger visits all 30 stadiums in 60 days, says the Fieldhouse is the best

http://blogs.thescore.com/tbj/2011/01/07/6030-the-end/

Best Stadium Visited: Conseco Fieldhouse, Indiana.
    And his original review
    http://blogs.thescore.com/tbj/2010/1...eco-fieldhouse

2. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Blogger visits all 30 stadiums in 60 days, says the Fieldhouse is the best

Still not happy with that guy's comments about Area 55. Just disrespectful.

Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar

Default Re: Blogger visits all 30 stadiums in 60 days, says the Fieldhouse is the best

The Pacers are best at something.

“People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

Makes me want the Pacers to get good again.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Unclebuck For This Useful Post:

LOL, look at all the comments about area 55, "not cool" etc... LMAO, poor guy didnt know, give him a break, we one!
    "Did we learn anything?"-Jonathan Ames

"No, but thats okay, It's a good thing to stay in the dark about things - it keeps life more interesting."- George Christopher

And not to mention, that Roy probably didnt purchase those tickets at all, he is just going along with the marketing ploy by the team, and compensation? He is 100% correct, those are FREE tickets, you got compensated for attending the event, so he kinda has a point. If your a stranger going into a new arena, of a bad team, and you see they have positioned hand picked fans, to sit in a designated area, to create a certain environment, then Im sure any of us would have thought the same. And Im sure he is referring to everyone screaming for Tyler during that game, the same one half of you were saying how Roy must be offended, and how people should have manners. It is so funny to see people take these small things with so much concern.
    "Did we learn anything?"-Jonathan Ames

"No, but thats okay, It's a good thing to stay in the dark about things - it keeps life more interesting."- George Christopher

9. The Following User Says Thank You to BornReady#6 For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

What did he say about Area 55?

assuming PG gets back... Heisenberg's Avatar

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Awesome View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What did he say about Area 55?
    Just that he thought it was tacky because if you can't get that type of environment organically you shouldn't try and force it. It's one outsider's opinion, it's not "disrespectful," that's being pretty defensive if you ask me.

crazy shinaniganz BringJackBack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    Makes me want the Pacers to get good again.
    Sigh. Yeah, I agree. For the sake of this board, the players, and fanbase we need to make it to the post-season.

Quote Originally Posted by BornReady#6 View Post
    And not to mention, that Roy probably didnt purchase those tickets at all, he is just going along with the marketing ploy by the team, and compensation? He is 100% correct, those are FREE tickets, you got compensated for attending the event, so he kinda has a point. If your a stranger going into a new arena, of a bad team, and you see they have positioned hand picked fans, to sit in a designated area, to create a certain environment, then Im sure any of us would have thought the same. And Im sure he is referring to everyone screaming for Tyler during that game, the same one half of you were saying how Roy must be offended, and how people should have manners. It is so funny to see people take these small things with so much concern.

DING DING DING!!
    Grown Man Ball

and i agree 100%

im proud we play in the fieldhouse which is probably one of the nicest arenas in world

now if only it would get bigger crowds and the pacers could represent it and indiana basketball well
    In 49 states it's just basketball, but this is Indiana!

I think Indianapolis has 2 of the nicest sports venues in the entire world in Conseco and Lucas Oil and that's something to hang your hat on.

"I've got an idea--an idea so smart that my head would explode if I even began to know what I'm talking about." - Peter Griffin

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DGPR For This Useful Post:

NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Just that he thought it was tacky because if you can't get that type of environment organically you shouldn't try and force it. It's one outsider's opinion, it's not "disrespectful," that's being pretty defensive if you ask me.
    I agree it's defensive to be mad, but I do think he missed the point. You don't get that environment in ANY NBA arena. Millwaukee and Indy are going for the COLLEGE environment, and the pep band fits into that as well....along with the whole concept actually.

A "student section" in college isn't tacky, even if the team is terrible. Go to a Boiler football game where the student section is packed and rowdy and the rest of the stadium is half empty. That's a STYLE, not a lack of class.

Conseco having a "student" section fits with the trophy cases and overall building style. Even when they start filling the place back up I think you've got to keep that section going rather than chase the cash and make people pay to be there.

Womens Wrestling Champion El Pacero's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BornReady#6 View Post
    Sorry Charlie, but Roy purchased the tickets.

its truly ashame that we have a low attendance but whos fault is that?

the pacers who have sucked for so long

we do well and we have big crowds

everyone would love to go see the pacers doing well in one of the nicest arenas out there

nothing beats that
    In 49 states it's just basketball, but this is Indiana!

Can't wait for the day a blogger can watch all 30 teams in 60 days and say the Pacers are the best.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by smj887 View Post
    Can't wait for the day a blogger can watch all 30 teams in 60 days and say the Pacers are the best.
    I might be dead b4 that day comes

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pacer4ever For This Useful Post: