Page 26 of 27 FirstFirst ... 16222324252627 LastLast

Thread: Purdue University 2010-2011 Basketball Thread

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Purdue University 2010-2011 Basketball Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    John Hart had surgery to repair a stress fracture in his right foot, out 3/4 months. Kinda odd they waited this long, not like it's a new injury.
    He had such a promising beginning of last season... I hope that he can get back to that form, and not lose any of his confidence...
    Why so SERIOUS

Let PG Fly Again Soon! ECKrueger's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Confidence won't be an issue with him I don't think. Feel bad for him though.

In other news, R. Davis put up 30 in a game in Orlando yesterday. He is playing with Harris there. Also, Kendall may join Jay Simpson at La Lumiere. Mom has reservations, but his dad is on board.

Quote Originally Posted by Really? View Post
    He had such a promising beginning of last season... I hope that he can get back to that form, and not lose any of his confidence...
    Yeah I really don't know what happened, through the first couple conference games he was I think the 3rd leading scorer on the team then he hurt his foot and by the time he was healthy enough to come back Smith was draining 3s like his name was Jimmer. Smith cooled off and Hart worked his way back in the rotation and just couldn't do much of anything, I'm going to assume it was just the injury.

Either way, we've got a TON of guards. Personally I'm pretty amped to finally see Anthony Johnson, he was a fairly highly rated recruit and Hummel said the kid's a born scorer.

I am pumped about AJ too, but sounds like he may still have to D up to get major minutes at this point.

I'm not really concerned about the loss of Hart. To me he and Ryne Smith are the same player. They're both gunners. The only real difference is that Hart is a more frequent shooter and Smith is a better shooter. I'd really hate to ever see them on the floor together.

It'll be nice to see if Anthony Johnson can help, but unless he's really good, I don't see him being much of a factor. As far as next year's concerned, there are 2 things (outside of Hummel's health) that will make or break the season. The first is that Lewis Jackson needs to become the 2nd best player on the team. The second is that whoever steps in at the 5 for Johnson needs to at least be an average Big 10 big. Both of those things are good possibilities, but they are also both far from being locks.

I'm very interested to see Hale and Lawson play, but from the reading I've done and the youtube highlights I've watched, both seem more like potential Hummel replacements as perimeter 4's than guys who can really play alongside him.
    "A man with no belly has no appetite for life."

- Salman Rushdie

I don't think Hart would play a lot either, unless he would have been healthy the past year and carved out a role. I guess I just feel bad for him because he went to HS with my girlfriend so I root for him. I would rather have Smith, TJ, AJ, Kel, and probably a couple other guys I am forgetting out there there though.

I am also hoping Travis progresses nicely, and Sandi gets better. Hale and Lawson definitely excite me. Hopefully Lawson is recovered.

Man I can't wait for next year! So many question marks I am eager for answers to.

Moore play in Italy/Europe:

E’Twaun Moore wants to make a living playing professional basketball. And he wants to play pro ball for the NBA’s Boston Celtics, who drafted the No. 3 scorer in Purdue history last month with the 55th overall pick.

But with the NBA lockout making it impossible for potential pros to sign contracts or play in anything beyond leagues like the Indy Summer Pro Am at IUPUI, Europe may become a viable option for those like second-round pick Moore.

Mark Bartelstein, Moore’s Chicago-based agent, told the Boston Globe that the former Boilermaker guard has several overseas options, including Italian League Cimberio Varese.

This past Tuesday, I visited with Moore during a break in the Indy Summer Pro Am League, and E’Twaun told me he really wants to be a Celtic. However, he doesn’t want to sit out the 2011-12 season, and at this point, things don’t look good for the NBA’s contract negotiations..

As a first-round pick, JaJuan Johnson is in a different situation. Once he signs a contract, there’s guaranteed money. But as a second-round pick, Moore has no guarantees. Moore wants to be in Boston, but he also wants to make money playing basketball. At least for now, he may have to go to Europe to do so.
    http://blogs.indystar.com/purdue/201...medium=twitter

Mood

I think that Hart has much better defense than Ryan... Another thing is that Purdue uses their bench a lot and everyone has to contribute.

I like AJ because from what I saw he can score in so many ways, and also brings a lot of energy with his game.

I also believe that we need a big to show up... I think Lawson will be one of those players that comes in the game and gets the crowd hype. I hope this year goes well for our boilers.. Terone will definitely have to work on his jump shot, shot selection and decision making... this should be his year to show up.

PS anyone heard any good news about Harris or Hammons?
    Why so SERIOUS

Not much going on with Harris and Hammons.

I would say Ryne is a much better team defender than Hart, and probably better overall as well.

I have a good friend who's a Purdue grad and a teacher in Carmel and he says we don't want anything to do with Hammons.

- Salman Rushdie

Isn't the knock on him that he's good when he is trying? Problem being that he is not always trying.

Moore to Italy:

According to a report on Sportando.net, Celtics second round draft pick E’Twaun Moore has agreed to play to for Cimberio Varese in Italy (Lega Serie A).

Cimberio Varese, via its president Cecco Vescovi, confirmed the agreement with E'Twuan Moore for the season 2011-12. The product of Purdue University was selected by Boston Celtics in the 2011 NBA Draft averaged more than 18 ppg as senior in NCAA. Moore will have short NBA out in the contract to exercise when the lockout ends if he gets an offer from Celtics.

"The NBA escape is a bit risky for us, but the game's worth the candle" said Vescovi, president of the team. The deal is expected to be announced soon.

The Celtics drafted Moore, a 22-year-old guard, with the 55th overall pick in this year’s draft. Last month his high school coach, Abe Brown, told CSNNE.com what Moore could bring to the next level.

“He’s got a real calm demeanor,” Brown said. “He’s not going to be very flashy. He’s going to [score] on your opponent and you won’t even realize because he’s not the kind of guy to pump his chest, throw his hands in the air to the crowd. He’s a silent assassin, I would call him. He’s going to go out and do everything you need him to do and beyond.”
    http://www.necn.com/07/25/11/Report-...38&feedID=3352

I think Moore will do well in Europe. He's got more of a European game than an American one. By that I mean he relies on fundamentals and intelligence instead of athleticism.

- Salman Rushdie

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Great deal for E'Twuan

E'Twaun Moore inks one-year deal with Italy's Benetton Treviso

http://aol.sportingnews.com/nba/stor...netton-treviso

Celtics rookie E'Twaun Moore has signed a one-year contract worth about $200,000 to play for the Italian club Benetton Treviso, the Boston Herald reports.

Moore, who Boston selected in the second round with the 55th overall pick in last month’s NBA Draft, was close to a deal with Cimberio Varese, a different team in Italy, but those negotiations stalled when Moore reportedly insisted on an out clause, allowing him to return to the U.S. once the lockout ends, being included in the contract. Moore’s deal will Treviso includes such an out clause.

On Smooge going to Italy, remember Lance looking to go to "Italy or China?" Treviso's a pretty good team from my understanding, Moore and Lance are both combo guard types at the next level. Anyone think Lance may've just an opportunity?

Mood

This is good news -

http://blogs.indystar.com/purdue/201...be-good-to-go/

Lawson should be good to go

After suffering a torn Achilles during this past season, incoming Purdue freshman forward Jacob Lawson’s health became a concern for many Boilermaker fans.

But on Tuesday, Purdue coach Matt Painter said that not only is Lawson doing fine physically, he is ready to go academically as the Boilermakers prepare for the 2011-12 season.

“He has been playing pickup, but I haven’t watched him,” Painter said. “He has been cleared to play pickup basketball and has been working with our sports performance people.

“It looks like he is going to be ready in the fall, but we will see. From everything I’ve gathered from our training staff and our guys, everything with Jacob looks good.”

With forward Patrick Bade moving onto football, front line play will be huge for the Boilermakers. Lawson can jump out of the gym and has the potential to be an excellent rebounder, shot blocker and defensive presence. With JaJuan Johnson headed to the NBA, Lawson can bring some of the attributes and skills — especially at the defensive end — that Johnson provided.

Painter seems excited about Lawson’s game. That’s good news for Purdue fans.

Willis apparently de-commits. (That didn't take long.)

If I believed in karma I could say this is the Bade/Molock moves coming back to bite us in the azz...

Edit: maybe not
    http://blogs.indystar.com/recruiting...ted-to-purdue/

still don't think the comments sound great.
    Last edited by dal9; 08-04-2011 at 07:24 PM.

His dad says he's still committed, the actual kid apparently put on Facebook that he's not. Sorta sounds like it's the parents pushing him one way. Not gonna complain if he winds up on campus, but still wish it weren't like that.

Hard to be pissed at a 16 year old for changing his mind, but if he does go elsewhere I'll be pretty sour.

His dad seems pretty strongly in our corner, but the UL/UK glitz and glamour's getting to him.
    Last edited by Heisenberg; 08-04-2011 at 07:38 PM.

His dad says he's still committed, the actual kid apparently put on Facebook that he's not. Sorta sounds like it's the parents pushing him one way. Not gonna complain if he winds up on campus, but still wish it weren't like that.

Hard to be pissed at a 16 year old for changing his mind, but if he does go elsewhere I'll be pretty sour.

His dad seems pretty strongly in our corner, but the UL/UK glitz and glamour's getting to him.
    Purdue basket ball recruiting: kids' parents really like us!

Funny, but plays into the "old-school" image that Purdue has.

But realistically, can't get mad at the kid--the coaches (can) do the same thing.

Honestly, I would rather see this kid stay committed to Purdue than go to either of those slimeball programs.

For now I'll remain optimistic and view it as outside influences getting to the kid and that his dad'll sit him down and remind him what's important. His dad outright said he feels like Purdue's staff has their players' best interest in mind while Pitino and Calipari put their selves first.

He actually does rescind his verbal and we're able to get him back in the fold I think that'd be a HUGE win. A truly elite talent hits the open market in Kentucky and we get him out from under Pitino's and Calipari's slimy fingers says a lot if Painter and Co. can do it.

Be a lot more optimistic if he transferred to an out of state prep school though. How gross is it that Kentuckians are telling a 16 year old he "turned their back on them?" I wasn't old enough but a guy like Montross didn't get any of that did he? Sure, say stuff like that at the bar or whatever, but actually to the kid's face?

Painter's mettle's going to be truly tested and whatever happens it'll show where Purdue stands as a program.

For now I'll remain optimistic and view it as outside influences getting to the kid and that his dad'll sit him down and remind him what's important. His dad outright said he feels like Purdue's staff has their players' best interest in mind while Pitino and Calipari put their selves first.

He actually does rescind his verbal and we're able to get him back in the fold I think that'd be a HUGE win. A truly elite talent hits the open market in Kentucky and we get him out from under Pitino's and Calipari's slimy fingers says a lot if Painter and Co. can do it.

Be a lot more optimistic if he transferred to an out of state prep school though. How gross is it that Kentuckians are telling a 16 year old he "turned their back on them?" I wasn't old enough but a guy like Montross didn't get any of that did he? Sure, say stuff like that at the bar or whatever, but actually to the kid's face?

Painter's mettle's going to be truly tested and whatever happens it'll show where Purdue stands as a program.
    Hoosier fans said a lot worse to Sean May when he came to town. I was there. I participated. I don't feel bad. It was amazing. We are ********.

Agreed

Robert Marve's involved in the Miami mess.

Good luck in your future endeavors Marve, they sure as hell aren't gonna be in West Lafayette.

Mood

Robert Marve's involved in the Miami mess.
    As well as Frank Haith, new Missouri basketball coach. Missouri can't seem to catch a break.