Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Brady: Colts Cheated

Default Re: Brady: Colts Cheated

Gamble1, what do any of your trolling posts have to do with the thread topic? You are just engaging in personal attacks. Can a moderator chime in on why such behavior is allowed?

I don't need to discuss my resume with you or anyone else on this forum, thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Slick Pinkham View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Gamble1, what do any of your trolling posts have to do with the thread topic? You are just engaging in personal attacks. Can a moderator chime in on why such behavior is allowed?

I don't need to discuss my resume with you or anyone else on this forum, thank you.
    I am sorry. I am just the idiot right. Double standard...

Quote Originally Posted by Gamble1 View Post
    Really, LOL
    I know that there are only 2 reasons why a phd chooses to do teaching or industry.
    Enlighten me with your wisdom, please, about the two and only two valid reasons why I or anyone else would pursue a career in academic or industrial research.

Enlighten me with your wisdom, please, about the two and only two valid reasons why I or anyone else would pursue a career in academic or industrial research.
    Lol,

Anyone who has spent time doing research can tell you.

Industry pays and teaching doesn't. Teaching is for people who either love it or are forced to do it. True academic researchers do not teach. They are not forced to do it because they generate enough funds for the university not to do it ie grants. You find very few people who go from industry to real academic research which is why i think you teach and do research on the side.

So this brings us to the conclusion. We all call out experts in sports. Coaches are criticized here all the time so what makes us any different.

Are you really an expert in PEDs? I am not but I won't defend a guy who is caught doing a banned drug. I also won't act like the colts are above cheating but some here will. Of course i am not on a pats forum posting all this crap.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamble1 View Post
    True academic researchers do not teach.
    False. Even nobel laurates at my institution teach. Certainly younger faculty carry a heavier teaching load, but plenty of top-notch world famous researchers teach on a regular basis.

You find very few people who go from industry to real academic research
    False again. In the last 10 years the pharmaceutical industry in particular, and other science-based industries have undergone tremendous consolidation, layoffs, restructuring, and brain drain. Nearly every major university and research institution I know of has faculty who left industry.

i think you teach and do research on the side
    Wrong again. My teaching commitment is rather light and I focus most of my efforts on research grants. I am an investigator on 4 funded grants currently, with others in review.

Are you really an expert in PEDs?
    Compared to some other chemists, biologists, or MDs, no. Relative to the general public, perhaps yes.

I won't defend a guy who is caught doing a banned drug.
    Neither will I. Spikes was incredibly stupid to not go through proper channels and I have never defended him at all for failing to doing so.

In this thread I ponted out time and again that it is stupid to characterize what the Colts did with the simulating the snap as cheating and wanted the thread title changed. Still, many insisted and also thought it was idiotic for Brady to be upset about it. After the Colts were penalized in another game for exactly the same infraction, I pointed it out. I had never posted any link to this second unfraction until in this thread, and again you falsely accused otherwise.

So basically everything you have recently posted that has been directed at me has been factually inaccurate.

False. Even nobel laurates at my institution teach.
    You honestly think he is forced to teach. He is doing it because he likes to do it. Please keep the context of my post.

Nearly every major university and research institution I know of has faculty who left industry.
    And how many have no teaching requirements. People who publish consistently in the top journals in their respected fields don't teach unless they like it. No one forces them. They are hired on to focus a 100% of their time on research. You wanted the differences I gave you the differences.

I am an investigator on 4 funded grants currently, with others in review.
    Congrats but we both know its the total amount of $ not the number of grants.

I had never posted any link to this second unfraction until in this thread, and again you falsely accused otherwise.
    Same penalty same player same game different link.
    or finally get caught cheating with "disconcerting signals"

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-h...e=HP_event_tnf
    Last edited by Gamble1; 12-19-2010 at 02:40 PM.

Nerd.
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Wow. This has unecessarily, but certainly, ended up in a pissing match.

Ridiculous.

I believe Slick knows about what he is talking (I am in the toxicology - human performance and forensic - field by trade).

Not really sure what is being argued though.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by TheDoddage View Post
    All I have to say to this is:

Yeah, really weird glitch with the forum.

I guess if you copy and paste from word (or pages) then the vbulletin software adds smilies.