Thread: Season Ticket Holders Fieldhouse Tour...

Indy's Wild Wild West Side: 8 sec-check...Club Rio-check...Cloud 9-check

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Season Ticket Holders Fieldhouse Tour...

Tonight was one of the touring sessions of the Fieldhouse for Pacer season ticket holders. For me... it was a first since, I'm new to the season ticket fold. One thing that I wanted to ask some of you that have went on this tour before...Have they ever toured the Pacers Locker Room? Our tour guide made a large deal about this is the first tour that actually got to get into the locker room. She seemed believable on it, but I just wanted to check with some of you that may have done the tour before.

One of the things that my wife noticed in the Pacers locker room was that their was a Stall for R. Wright and E. Gill, but not one with Brewer's name on it. Hmm....maybe he isn't comming back?!?

The definate highlight about today's tour was Quinn Buckner was there and said hi to some of us and shook hands. One of the lowlights was being told we would see Larry Bird and Donnie's Office..Then seeing a shut and locked door.

All and all we seen a lot of the behind the scene stuff buried deep in Conseco that was very interesting like the Visitors locker room. Yes, it was about 10 degrees cooler in there...I couldn't tell you if the faucets only ran cold water. Seen the Officials Locker room from the outside. When I looked inside I did see...

vetta:
    We seen the "Miller Family Suite" that is in the founders level...Very nice! We were told about the party suites on the Founders level. For only $5000/game you and 22 of your closest friends can have your own party suite. If you have more then a modest 22...You can rent the Party Suite in the Club Level and seat 50 of your best buds for only the low cost of $7500/game. Food and Beverages...Not Included!

Seen the "Star Rooms" and was a little unimpressed due to the bare walls and ratty looking funiture. Someone in the group asked about the condition of the Star Rooms and why they are not very "impressive" like the rest of the Fieldhouse? We were told that the Fieldhouse use to decorate and really furnish the Star Rooms like a hotel suite, but "usually" when the star arrived...they would bring their own decorators and "our" stuff was just in the way. As for the ratty looking furniture, we were told that the stars are very hard on furniture and often break or tear up anything nice they put in the Star Rooms. Since they have been putting this "less then desirable" furniture in the rooms...they don't seem to have to replace it as often.

The funniest thing about the tour was the explination why the phone that is next to the visitor's locker room is made of steel, while every other phone in the fieldhouse is plastic. We were told that in the first year of the Fieldhouse, visitiing players often abused the phone pretty severly after losses and the phone had to be replaced about once a week during the regular season prompting the team to put up something virtually indestructable.

Last but not least...got to play on the court and shoot around. I had never noticed before how much force you have to use to actually dribble the NBA balls on that court. Nothing like the playground. There was a mix of real NBA balls and WNBA balls. The WNBA ball bounced a lot easier and were a noticibly easier to handle on the Fieldhouse floor. I was totally shocked how you had to really work the ball to get a good dribble with the NBA ball on the court in relation to how easy to use the WNBA ball was.

In the end...Pretty cool stuff!
    ...Still "flying casual"
    @roaminggnome74

Default Re: Season Ticket Holders Fieldhouse Tour...

I went on a "half-season ticket holder" tour and we got to take a look at the locker rooms.

edit: Not half-season...mini-package? I don't remember what it's called...It's one of those ticket plan/packages that you buy & has 10 games for it...or 8 games...Heck, I'm retarded.
    [edit=53=1093574174][/edit]

Yeah, on Marsh Family Nights at the Fieldhouse, you get to take a FT with the NBA balls...Very nice! Smooth/slick ball and the rim is so...how should I say, forgiving...How long did you get to play on the court, Gnome?

sweabs

Aww...reading this post only heightens my excitement to one day move to Indiana when I'm done school.....

MSA...We got a good 15 to 20 mins to jack 'em up!
    ...Still "flying casual"
    @roaminggnome74

Quote Originally Posted by Roaming
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    MSA...We got a good 15 to 20 mins to jack 'em up!
    Oh, you lucky punk!

I cannot wait until the blessed day when I will be able to afford Pacers season tickets, and actually be able to go the games.

I had a tour when I went to the front office seminar a few years back. Not only did we see the locker rooms, but there were sessions held in the locker rooms, suites, varsity club, best locker room, media room, you name it. I didn't get to tour the founders level, however, cause our guide took us down the wrong set of stairs, and the door was locked.

So Gnome, did they point out the funny thing about the refs locker room (besides the vetta:, of course)?
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

maaaaaaaaaan! This sucks! I get my tickets in oct. or whatever and i miss this! does anyone know when the preseason party is (How stupid,the magic do it towards the end of the yr). IF it's before the 24th im going to be sooooooooo angry.

Quote Originally Posted by Kegboy

So Gnome, did they point out the funny thing about the refs locker room (besides the vetta:, of course)?
    nope What so funny about the refs locker room? :devil3:
    ...Still "flying casual"
    @roaminggnome74

woman without a team

I think maybe there's a Braille sign next to the door, but I'm not sure.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

did they ever give Market Square Arena tours for season ticket holders?

Quote Originally Posted by grace
    I think maybe there's a Braille sign next to the door, but I'm not sure.
    Yep, the sign that identifies it as "Officials Locker Room" also is in braille, so guys like vetta: can find it.
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!