Thread: Pacers and Hornets

Hybrid View

B U T L E R..U a Bulldog!

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Pacers and Hornets

Pacers get: Marcus Thornton

Hornets get: D. Jones and future 2nd rounder.

Marcus Thornton was a stud at SG last year. But now has fallen in the depth charts to more expirienced veteran wing defenders. Although we are still stick with the same amount of wings, we get a better player and even clear some cap space.

I could see NO doing this now because they want a more veteran team. The Hornets coach recently said in an article that he couldn't find time for Thornton and there is nothing wrong with him. He said he even improved on denfence. But there isn't much playing time for him. He's also not expacted back on the active roster anytime soon.

This could be a potential low risk/ high reward type scenario. As I stated earlier, although we would have the same number of wings , Mike dunleavy is likely in his last year as a Pacer and we don't know how much longer whether Lance will be around. If it works out We have a starting SG for years to come and still have all that cap space. If it doesn't work out, we just lose D Jones who doesn't even fir in JOB's system.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Pacersalltheway10 For This Useful Post:

Default Re: Pacers and Hornets

This is a grat trade. Thorton looked great next to Collison last year. He would be a spark off of the bench or in the starting lineup. I would like to see him be the scorer off of the bench with Rush being the defensive minded starter, but I also would want to see him and Collison on the court together.

Anyway if we can get New Orleans to bite we would have a steal.

Rooting My Family 2 Glory CooperManning's Avatar

Trade doesn't work at all, cap-wise, unless I'm missing something.

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMa...radeId=27k3e87

I'd love to have Thornton, but they just have no reason to trade him for Dahntay and a 2nd.

B U T L E R..U a Bulldog!

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

If you give them D. Jones plus the 2.5 TE it works on thye trade machine.

crazy shinaniganz BringJackBack's Avatar

I'd do it. The Hornets are looking to win now and they get Dahntay who can guard players in the Playoffs (ask Chris Paul) plus they get a second round pick. Chris Paul would be throwing bullets to DJ. Dahntay + Jack + Ariza is good for them.. they are just stuck with Okafor who is garbage.

They have shown with the Bayless trade that they are not interested in the future so giving up Thornton is no big deal in return for Dahntay and a second round pick.

We get a good offensive player in Marcus Thornton while getting Dahntays contract off the books. We give up a second round pick, but Marcus is easily worth that. We can use that 2.5 million in the offseason to go after a Greg Oden or Nick Collison.

This would be great for both team in my opinion. Great trade.