Thread: Simple, but probably lopsided trade w/ Philly

crazy shinaniganz BringJackBack's Avatar

Default Simple, but probably lopsided trade w/ Philly

To IND: Andre Igoudala
    To Philly: Mike Dunleavy, Tyler Hansbrough, and top 20 protected first round pick (if they really want Stephenson or Price they can have one of them as well, but it's not a huge deal)

This trade works and they get room for Thaddeus and Turner to start while ridding themselves of someone who has grown out of favor in Philly. I know some will say that this trade is ludicrous but is it really?? Let's look at his stats for this season:

Igoudala: 33.5 mpg, .433 fg%, .235 3pt%, 12.8 ppg, 5 apg, 5.6 rbpg, 1 spg, and .8 bpg

He can play much, much better than that but it seems as if he knows that his team is already down the crapper. If we picked him up, his defense would get much, much better while he gets remotivated to play defense. With Collison and Granger pressuring the ball Iggy can get those steals way up. He has no outside shot, but that is a very good thing considering that we are a big time jumpshooting team. We need someone that thrives on driving into the lane. Collison would have field days throwing lobs to Iggy on fastbreaks and such. We would instantly become a pretty damn good defensive team.

The downside is, the ball stops many times when he gets it and he has questionable shot selection at times. He has a huge contract and whether or not you think that Paul George is going to be ready in the next three years will probably dictate you opinion on this trade.

We also lose Hansbrough and a pick, but we have to give up something to get something. I am one of Hansbrough's biggest fans, but I am a Pacers fan first. If this came up, I would do it w/o looking back.

Thoughts?

Artificial Intelligence wintermute's Avatar

Default Re: Simple, but probably lopsided trade w/ Philly

Iguodala for Dunleavy and George makes more sense I think.

Hansbrough doesn't have the upside to make parting with Iguodala palatable for Philly. At the same time, he's a valuable rotation big for us.

Putting George in the deal makes the most sense because he's a potential star that Philly can add to their Turner-Holiday core. And to be honest he won't be getting much playing time in Indy with Granger and Iguodala taking most of the wing minutes and Brandon Rush scooping up the rest.

crazy shinaniganz BringJackBack's Avatar

Default Re: Simple, but probably lopsided trade w/ Philly

True, but it's hard for me to do lol.

How old is Iggy?

Unhappy Re: Simple, but probably lopsided trade w/ Philly

Quote Originally Posted by BringJackBack View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    To IND: Andre Igoudala
    To Philly: Mike Dunleavy, Tyler Hansbrough, and top 20 protected first round pick (if they really want Stephenson or Price they can have one of them as well, but it's not a huge deal)

This trade works and they get room for Thaddeus and Turner to start while ridding themselves of someone who has grown out of favor in Philly. I know some will say that this trade is ludicrous but is it really?? Let's look at his stats for this season:

Igoudala: 33.5 mpg, .433 fg%, .235 3pt%, 12.8 ppg, 5 apg, 5.6 rbpg, 1 spg, and .8 bpg

He can play much, much better than that but it seems as if he knows that his team is already down the crapper. If we picked him up, his defense would get much, much better while he gets remotivated to play defense. With Collison and Granger pressuring the ball Iggy can get those steals way up. He has no outside shot, but that is a very good thing considering that we are a big time jumpshooting team. We need someone that thrives on driving into the lane. Collison would have field days throwing lobs to Iggy on fastbreaks and such. We would instantly become a pretty damn good defensive team.

The downside is, the ball stops many times when he gets it and he has questionable shot selection at times. He has a huge contract and whether or not you think that Paul George is going to be ready in the next three years will probably dictate you opinion on this trade.

We also lose Hansbrough and a pick, but we have to give up something to get something. I am one of Hansbrough's biggest fans, but I am a Pacers fan first. If this came up, I would do it w/o looking back.

Thoughts?
    I am a Hansbrough fan first and if that means trading him so he can get some minutes and develop I am all for it. Looks like he will be wasted here.