Thread: IND/CHI

Default IND/CHI

ind trades:
    danny granger

chi trades:
    luol deng
    taj gibson

basically what the nuggets are getting offered for melo but without draft picks...

crazy shinaniganz BringJackBack's Avatar

Default Re: IND/CHI

Hell to the no for obvious reasons.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BringJackBack For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BringJackBack View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hell to the no for obvious reasons.
    what are those "obvious" reasons?

Mood

no thank you without several picks involved.

Rooting My Family 2 Glory CooperManning's Avatar

Taj Gibson is a bit undersized as a PF and really not what we're looking for. Deng just isn't as good as Granger and he's more injury prone. I have a lot of friends that are Bulls fans that are often frustrated with Deng.

Quote Originally Posted by croz24 View Post
    what are those "obvious" reasons?
    Danny Granger is 2x better than Luol but Luol is paid more than Danny.

Taj Gibson is soft and undersized. Tyler is better than him.

Essentially we get a soft Taj Gibson and a player that is on Mike Dunleavy's level of play. Yuck.

croz, I know that you don't like Danny but he is worth way more than that bro.
    Last edited by BringJackBack; 11-20-2010 at 05:02 PM.

Danny Granger is 2x better than Luol but Luol is paid more than Danny.

Taj Gibson is soft and undersized. Tyler is better than him.

Essentially we get a soft Taj Gibson and a player that is on Mike Dunleavy's level of play. Yuck.

croz, I know that you don't like Danny but he is worth way more than that bro.
    when did i ever say i don't like danny? just curious as to what other pacers fans think about basically the same deal the bulls offered the nuggets for melo.

17pts 18rbs (8orebs) against a very good dallas team isn't exactly "soft". gibson is in no way a soft basketball player. i truly have no idea where you are getting that from. also, deng isn't even close to the same type of player as dunleavy. wonder if you've ever seen these guys play?

when did i ever say i don't like danny? just curious as to what other pacers fans think about basically the same deal the bulls offered the nuggets for melo.

17pts 18rbs (8orebs) against a very good dallas team isn't exactly "soft". gibson is in no way a soft basketball player. i truly have no idea where you are getting that from. also, deng isn't even close to the same type of player as dunleavy. wonder if you've ever seen these guys play?
    I should've said the same level as Mike from three years ago.

Say w/e about Taj, but he doesn't like contact.

We'll have to agree to disagree, so to speak.

danny is just not a guy who knows how to take games over when his teams most need it. thus, his production can be replaced. this deal would provide us with a similar player to granger while also adding a, imo, young solid pf.

danny is just not a guy who knows how to take games over when his teams most need it. thus, his production can be replaced. this deal would provide us with a similar player to granger while also adding a, imo, young solid pf.
    I know, you couldn't say it when he was playing good. But when he got treated as if he was Lebron James what do you expect?? I'm pretty sure if we had Reggie Miller doing all of his game winning shots off the dribble he woudn't be nearly as good as he was either.

Danny Granger is more than twice as good as Luol Deng. Luol Deng is injury prone, older, less talented, worse defender, just a much worse player than Danny Granger. And Luol Deng is paid more. Luol Deng has a worse contract with an injury history. Does Luol Deng close out games?

Taj Gibson is talented but I'm not taking Luol Deng to get him. I'd gladly take Taj here, but not for Luol Deng and Danny swap.

EDIT: I'm sorry for sounding confronting. I didn't think that way when I typed my stuff, but when I reread it it sounded kind of mean. I'm not mad or anything.

well, deng is actually 2 years younger than granger, has a nearly identical contract, for his career is a better shooter and rebounder, and has actually led his team to the playoffs as its best overall player. taj is also a lot better than you're making him out to be. 9ppg 7.5rpg as a rookie in the playoffs last year is pretty damn solid. and taj has done nothing but improve.

well, deng is actually 2 years younger than granger, has a nearly identical contract, for his career is a better shooter and rebounder, and has actually led his team to the playoffs as its best overall player. taj is also a lot better than you're making him out to be. 9ppg 7.5rpg as a rookie in the playoffs last year is pretty damn solid. and taj has done nothing but improve.
    Fair, except for Deng did not lead the Bulls to the Playoffs. Ever.

Danny is so much astronomically better than huge-contract Deng and Gibson I wouldn't even consider it. That is just how I feel.

There's no middle ground here though. People who don't like Danny will do this instantly and people who do like Danny will laugh at this proposal. That is the troubling part here. You don't like Danny, at least not very much, so you're rating of him is much lower than mine.

Fair, except for Deng did not lead the Bulls to the Playoffs. Ever.

Danny is so much astronomically better than huge-contract Deng and Gibson I wouldn't even consider it. That is just how I feel.

There's no middle ground here though. People who don't like Danny will do this instantly and people who do like Danny will laugh at this proposal. That is the troubling part here. You don't like Danny, at least not very much, so you're rating of him is much lower than mine.
    this is a board for trade proposals correct? it's a place where we throw out ideas or potential trades and that's what i've done. in no way am i advocating us dealing granger. i do believe this is a realistic offer for danny as it was proposed for melo.

and you will obviously disagree but deng was the best player on the bulls 2006 roster averaging 18.8ppg 7.1rpg shooting 52% and starting all 82 games for the bulls. deng was also the leading scorer in the playoffs for that bulls team averaging 22.2ppg 8.7rpg shooting 52.5% in 41mpg before the bulls lost in the eastern conference semis to the pistons in 6 games. sorry, but deng was the bulls best all around player that year.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

I stopped reading when someone called Taj Gibson "soft." Gibson COULD be the long-term 4 for us and he probably wouldn't even be the worst player in our starting lineup. I'd be 100% behind this move, though I doubt Chicago would take it. Danny just needs the ball way too much or he won't be a contributor. And taking shots away from Derrick Rose and Carlos Boozer so Granger can get his.... well, that's just not going to happen. I doubt Chicago trades Gibson unless they're getting an elite player in return.
    Last edited by spreedom; 11-22-2010 at 10:21 AM. Reason: typo