Thread: ESPN: Report: Young Jets fan roughed up (8 years old!!!)

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default ESPN: Report: Young Jets fan roughed up (8 years old!!!)

"As [my husband] was walking, holding my son's hand, a guy from behind tackled him. A drunken Browns fan tackled him and pulled him out of his dad's hand. He was on the ground crying," Danielle said, according to the station.

http://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/n...ory?id=5816234

What an idiot, and what a total .
    Last edited by vapacersfan; 11-17-2010 at 03:34 PM.

Default Re: ESPN: Report: Young Jets fan roughed up (8 years old!!!)

Something just doesn't sound right with this story, and no I'm not referring to the drunken Browns fan. Honestly, if someone was to tackle my 8 year old son in my presence I would have kicked the holy dog$h!t out of them. My brain wouldn't give me time to rationalize or think maybe I should do something else. Simply I would have beat him. Also I have to believe any other fan (including Browns fans) would have jumped in and helped kick this guys mental @ss!!!

Maybe I'm too jaded, but this just doesn't sound right. Lost boy in a space ship balloon anyone???
    You know how hippos are made out to be sweet and silly, like big cows, but are actually extremely dangerous and can kill you with stunning brutality? The Pacers are the NBA's hippos....Matt Moore CBS Sports....

3. The Following User Says Thank You to RWB For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by RWB View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Something just doesn't sound right with this story, and no I'm not referring to the drunken Browns fan. Honestly, if someone was to tackle my 8 year old son in my presence I would have kicked the holy dog$h!t out of them. My brain wouldn't give me time to rationalize or think maybe I should do something else. Simply I would have beat him. Also I have to believe any other fan (including Browns fans) would have jumped in and helped kick this guys mental @ss!!!

Maybe I'm too jaded, but this just doesn't sound right. Lost boy in a space ship balloon anyone???
    This is not directed at you, but here is what I posted in a similar thread elsewhere

What a POS person.

It is kind of comical that some of you are calling for this guys man card because he did not defend his kid.

So, say he does beat the living **** out of the guy (assuming other drunk fans do not jump on to help their "teammate" in a fight).

What do you tell your boss as you explain why you are in jail? What do you tell you kid as you spend time in jail? Whatdo you tell your family as you are not able to pay the bills because you have spent $$$ on lawyers to try to keep your *** out of jail, better yet keep your job.

Yes, I get you want to defend your kid. However, you also have to be smart. Getting the hell out of dodge was the right thing to do.

However, had he beat the living crap out of the guy I would understand why he did it, but he just taught his son a important lesson.

VA, fully understand what you're saying and my post was not to put down the father. Rather I am having a hard time believing this story. Has nothing to do with being macho and has everything to do with human nature and our basic instinct toward violence and protecting our young. I'm just saying my gut reaction (proably wrong) would be to hit back and to hit back hard. I guess I could believe the story more if there had been additional information that said when the incident took place other fans nearby helped the father and son. If this happened in Indy to a Pats fan and son I can guarantee I would be helping Mr. Patriot throttle the dufus wearing the #18 jersey.
    You know how hippos are made out to be sweet and silly, like big cows, but are actually extremely dangerous and can kill you with stunning brutality? The Pacers are the NBA's hippos....Matt Moore CBS Sports....

6. The Following User Says Thank You to RWB For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by RWB View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    VA, fully understand what you're saying and my post was not to put down the father. Rather I am having a hard time believing this story. Has nothing to do with being macho and has everything to do with human nature and our basic instinct toward violence and protecting our young. I'm just saying my gut reaction (proably wrong) would be to hit back and to hit back hard. I guess I could believe the story more if there had been additional information that said when the incident took place other fans nearby helped the father and son. If this happened in Indy to a Pats fan and son I can guarantee I would be helping Mr. Patriot throttle the dufus wearing the #18 jersey.
    I woulda prosecuted him and sued his *** for mental anguish. Kicking his *** would not have gotten anywhere, if he just tackled the kid. Now if he tackled him and started punching him I would have done everything to get him off of my son.

That guy needs prosecuted, thrown in jail, put in rehab, and sued IMO.

Mood

There is always someone stupid out there trying to do something that they may percieve as funny but crosses the line. The guy probably had his "beer glasses" on as well.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

As I said on a few other boards the dad did the right thing to just get out of there. The biggest thing is what happens if the drunken idiots has other drunken idiots with him? Sure he might beat the crap out of the first guy, but when his buddies jump in you are probably going to lose unless you are some trained fighter.

If the guy did beat the crap out of the drunken idiot he probably would have spent time in jail and knowing how our society is he probably get sued by the drunken idiot.

Things like this is why I usually avoid going to games. A few years ago I had to deal with fellow Colts fans because few of the guys I went with were Rams fans and they wanted to beat them up for wearing Rams jerseys.

People who take sports to seriously always **** me off.

http://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/n...ory?id=5822095

FLORHAM PARK, N.J. -- The executive director of LaDainian Tomlinson's "Tomlinson's Touching Lives Foundation" said he will send an autographed Tomlinson jersey or ball to the 8-year-old New York Jets fan who was reportedly tackled by a drunken Browns fan in the parking lot of Cleveland Browns Stadium after the Jets' 26-20 overtime win on Sunday.

Shannon Brazzell, the executive director of Tomlinson's foundation, said he'd hoped Tomlinson could meet the 8-year-old and his family after Sunday's Jets-Texans game at the New Meadowlands Stadium.

The Jets offered to fly the family to New Jersey to watch a game in a luxury suite at the New Meadowlands Stadium and receive autographed memorabilia from coach Rex Ryan and players. But the child's family turned down the offer.

So Brazzell hopes to do the next best thing by sending autographed gear to the 8-year-old.

"We just want to send him something to brighten his spirits," Brazzell said.

A television station in Cleveland, quoting the boy's mother, reported that the fan and his father, who were dressed in Jets gear, were harassed after the game on Sunday.

The mother, identified only as Danielle by ABC affiliate WEWS because she didn't want to reveal her last name, said fans threw food at the boy and his father after the game.

She said her son was then tackled in the parking lot.

"As [my husband] was walking, holding my son's hand, a guy from behind tackled him. A drunken Browns fan tackled him and pulled him out of his dad's hand. He was on the ground crying," Danielle said, according to the station.