Thread: ESPN Chad Ford chat 8/26

Default ESPN Chad Ford chat 8/26

nothing really new here, tho...

http://proxy.espn.go.com/chat/chatESPN?event_id=5774

Matt (Indiana_: Hey Chad what are the Pacers going to do with Artest this offseason. He seems to be involved with a lot of trade possibilites.

Chad Ford: (1:30 PM ET ) I think Indiana has some concerns. He left long-time agent Mark Bartelstein this summer. Bartelstein was a calming influence on Artest and spent a lot of time keeping Artest calm. He's spent the summer trying to develop a rap label, a line of clothing etc. and has appeared distracted. I think the Pacers wouldn't mind cutting ties while his stock is high, but they won't give him away either. I think a Peja for Artest deal makes a ton of sense for both teams, though the Kings claim they aren't trading Peja.

Greg (Toronto): Hey Chad, I agree with you rankings in the west. But what do you forsee happening in the East, everyone predicts Detroit, Indy, Miami as the top 3, but after that there are a lot of teams fighting for 4th-8th... Which teams do you think are playoff contenders? and who do you think will have the 4th best yearly record?

Chad Ford: (1:35 PM ET ) 1. Detroit 2. Indy 3. Miami -- you're right after that is gets really tough. A handful of teams should be competing for the playoffs. The Nets, Cavs, Bulls, Bucks, Knicks, Wizards and Sixers should be the other teams that compete for playoff berths. As far as order goes . . . I have no idea. All of them have pretty fatal flaws. So much for the arguement that the East has caught up with the West.
    "I'll always be a part of Donnie Walsh."
    -Ron Artest, Denver Post, 12.28.05

Default Re: ESPN Chad Ford chat 8/26

and this one was funny:

Shahiryar, Brampton, Canada: Talk about the Raptors

Chad Ford: (1:42 PM ET ) What do you want me to say? Vince Carter wants a trade and Loren Woods is your starting center. You add the punch line.

"I'll always be a part of Donnie Walsh."
    -Ron Artest, Denver Post, 12.28.05

Burt_Reincarnated

"He left long-time agent Mark Bartelstein this summer. Bartelstein was a calming influence on Artest and spent a lot of time keeping Artest calm."

So that's what agents are for, no wonder they make such big money being shrinks as well. I guess when you got a 6 year contract they gotta do something to earn their keep.

Is Chad like buddies with Bartelstein or part of the agent union?
    BAH

He must be buddies, isn't Bartelstein the same agent that Brad uses? if so then he's simply bad news and certainly not a guy to keep Ron Ron calm.
    I have na idea Ron is better off without him.
    Now if he had Arn (JO's agent) it might be right, I get the notion that that company just runs a little harder to keep everyone happy even after the contract is signed.

Bartelstein comes accross as someone who would welcome all kind of trades just so he can make a few bucks more.

So Long And Thanks For All The Fish.

If you've done 6 impossible things today?
    Then why not have Breakfast at Milliways!