Danny Granger
    Lance Stephenson -or- AJ Price
    2011 1st Round Pick
    2013 1st Round Pick

CLIPPERS TRADE:
    Eric Gordon
    Randy Foye
    Craig Smith
    Why for the Pacers: Yes, Danny's been playing great for the past few games, and he is undoubtably the best Pacer since Reggie of the mid-late 90s. But this team in all likelihood won't be competing this year. They have a very good chance at making the playoffs, and that would be valuable, but I feel like our ceiling is not very high if Danny is our alpha male. I think Gordon can be that late-game closer/cooler that can create his own shots in deperate situations. Foye and Smith are mostly included for salary cap purposes, but Foye is a versatile backcourt player that can be a great backup for Darren and Gordon. Smith is pretty underrated and is really a stud on the low block that could be a great second unit spark and occasional starter. Losing the two first-rounders hurts but I think the productivity these three guys would give us would make up for it. Gordon would become our go-to scorer, and gives us a nice core of Darren/Gordon/George/McBob/Hibbert with Foye/Smith and either AJ or Lance off the bench.

Why for the Clippers: Getting a high-volume scorer that can space the floor and score within the flow of the offense would be key. Granger would likely play a more supporting role to Griffin, especially after this season. I would envision Danny playing mostly the 3, but occasionally the 2 as well. Lance is a sweetener that can also play the 2 (or AJ is a sweetener because he gives them help at the point and makes trading Baron Davis a little easier). The two first-rounders are really the key to the deal -- the Clippers arguably don't get any worse with this trade and have assets to build around. If they find a taker for Baron Davis (Hawks?) and can shed salary, they get much more balanced and really improve in the short and long term.

What do you guys think? Am I deranged for thinking that A) the Pacers would/should part with two first-rounders or B) that the Clippers would consider this deal?

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: IND/LAC

Best trade ive seen on here i would probly do it but i would take out the 2013 1st.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by spreedom View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    An idea I had:

PACERS TRADE:
    Danny Granger
    Lance Stephenson -or- AJ Price
    2011 1st Round Pick
    2013 1st Round Pick

CLIPPERS TRADE:
    Eric Gordon
    Randy Foye
    Craig Smith
    Why for the Pacers: Yes, Danny's been playing great for the past few games, and he is undoubtably the best Pacer since Reggie of the mid-late 90s. But this team in all likelihood won't be competing this year. They have a very good chance at making the playoffs, and that would be valuable, but I feel like our ceiling is not very high if Danny is our alpha male. I think Gordon can be that late-game closer/cooler that can create his own shots in deperate situations. Foye and Smith are mostly included for salary cap purposes, but Foye is a versatile backcourt player that can be a great backup for Darren and Gordon. Smith is pretty underrated and is really a stud on the low block that could be a great second unit spark and occasional starter. Losing the two first-rounders hurts but I think the productivity these three guys would give us would make up for it. Gordon would become our go-to scorer, and gives us a nice core of Darren/Gordon/George/McBob/Hibbert with Foye/Smith and either AJ or Lance off the bench.

Why for the Clippers: Getting a high-volume scorer that can space the floor and score within the flow of the offense would be key. Granger would likely play a more supporting role to Griffin, especially after this season. I would envision Danny playing mostly the 3, but occasionally the 2 as well. Lance is a sweetener that can also play the 2 (or AJ is a sweetener because he gives them help at the point and makes trading Baron Davis a little easier). The two first-rounders are really the key to the deal -- the Clippers arguably don't get any worse with this trade and have assets to build around. If they find a taker for Baron Davis (Hawks?) and can shed salary, they get much more balanced and really improve in the short and long term.

What do you guys think? Am I deranged for thinking that A) the Pacers would/should part with two first-rounders or B) that the Clippers would consider this deal?
    the difference between DG33 and EJ. EJ can dribble very well and create for himself and others.

Rooting My Family 2 Glory CooperManning's Avatar

If we were to give up 2 first rounders in this trade, at minimum I'd swap Craig Smith with DeAndre Jordan and then throw in their 2011 2nd rounder too. All in all I don't think it makes a ton of sense for either team, though. They see Aminu as their SF of the future, no?

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by CooperManning View Post
    If we were to give up 2 first rounders in this trade, at minimum I'd swap Craig Smith with DeAndre Jordan and then throw in their 2011 2nd rounder too. All in all I don't think it makes a ton of sense for either team, though. They see Aminu as their SF of the future, no?
    yes they do see aminu as the future 3. Also they wont trade EJ they woulnt trade him for melo. so doubt they would for DG33
    Last edited by pacer4ever; 11-19-2010 at 01:57 PM.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Pacer4ever's replies never make any sense.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by CooperManning View Post
    I honestly don't think Jordan is every really going to amount to much. He is a good per-minute rebounder and shot-blocker but I feel like he lacks any other real skills. He's incredibly foul prone, which limits his minutes, and has virtually no offensive game to speak of. I like him a little bit as a long-term project, but I don't think he would be a sticking point for me.

And I'd be willing to trade for a player at a position where I already have a young guy, if the guy I'm trading for can step in right now and contribute significantly. I think Aminu is a few years away from being a long-term starter anyway.

And the second rounder would be nice, but again, it wouldn't prevent me from pulling the trigger here.

Mood

IMHO, we're getting raped with this trade.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Day-V For This Useful Post:

crazy shinaniganz BringJackBack's Avatar

I hate to sound mean, but this trade is bad for us. Gordon is a good player, but he isn't so much better than Granger that we have to give up two first rounders as well.

First rounders are hot commodities. They are extremely important to build a team around. This trade is very Clipper or Isaiah-esque meaning that we give up picks for a good player based on potential but is not better than Danny at the moment, which sets our franchise back a couple years. This trade may look relatively hot out of the kitchen, but it will burn us for a long time if a deal like this were to happen.

Don't get me wrong, Gordon is a very talented player. But with how Granger has played this season, he is better right now. If we assume that Gordon can be better, we are making an *** out of u and me Just kidding lol.

On top of that, giving up AJ hurts as he us very under the radar and I feel like he is the perfect backup point guard for us.