View Poll Results: Is Brandon Rush a consistent 3 point threat?

Voters
123. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    53 43.09%
  • Is this real life?

    23 18.70%
  • No

    25 20.33%
  • Maybe - He hasn't shot enough for us to know (Hibbert)

    8 6.50%
  • Kill me. Kill me now. (count55)

    14 11.38%
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast
Results 151 to 175 of 224

Thread: Is Brandon Rush a consistent 3 point threat

  1. #151
    assuming PG gets back... Heisenberg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    13,290

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Is Brandon Rush a consistent 3 point threat

    The myopia here is pretty sad

  2. #152
    Gotta Play Big
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    15,735

    Default Re: Is Brandon Rush a consistent 3 point threat

    He can't be because everyone knows he will just disappear and never really hurt you by being aggressive. Just let him float out there and shut down the other 4 guys and you will win.

  3. #153
    Member BobbyMac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Homeless Traveler
    Posts
    1,198
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Is Brandon Rush a consistent 3 point threat

    Rush was never consistent at anything!

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to BobbyMac For This Useful Post:


  5. #154
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Lifelong Indy-area resident
    Age
    62
    Posts
    4,666

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Is Brandon Rush a consistent 3 point threat

    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Brandon Rush is a pretty good basketball player that is the exact kind of off the bench wing this team could use.

    And now I've made the most obvious statement in the history of basketball.
    I'm not so sure that Rush is someone that I would want as a regular backup off my bench. He could be if he has learned to "engage". But has he?

    I would say that he could be used in the role of an extra 3-point specialist when one is needed. But is that a need? Or is that role already covered by one or more primary backups? For that matter, does Pietrus not provide more than Rush without the detriment of the historical baggage already created with the team?

  6. #155
    Member spazzxb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    fort wayne In
    Age
    35
    Posts
    2,826

    Default Re: Is Brandon Rush a consistent 3 point threat

    I didn't think people cared this much about Rush when he was here. Blows my mind that this has been the top subject of conversation for a day now. At least we have the olympics because people must be really bored around here. Please , for the love of god,noone start a BR vs LS thread.

  7. #156
    Play McRoberts and Price! BRushWithDeath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Johnson's Bay, Lake Wawasee
    Age
    28
    Posts
    5,343

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Is Brandon Rush a consistent 3 point threat

    Mind. Blown.
    "I had to take her down like Chris Brown."

    -Lance Stephenson

  8. #157
    Member Jrod Jones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Ann Arbor
    Posts
    170

    Default Re: Is Brandon Rush a consistent 3 point threat

    We really are desperate for things to talk about aren't we?

  9. #158
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    67
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Is Brandon Rush a consistent 3 point threat

    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Brandon Rush is a pretty good basketball player that is the exact kind of off the bench wing this team could use.

    And now I've made the most obvious statement in the history of basketball.
    I was sorry when he left the team. They could have used his defense and outside shooting on that second team. It would have opened things up a bit. I always thought the fans were a little rough on him in Indy.......

  10. #159
    Member idioteque's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    washington dc
    Age
    28
    Posts
    9,859

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Is Brandon Rush a consistent 3 point threat

    People on both sides of the argument need to get over something.

    For those who hate Rush, they need to get over the fact that Rush is a very good three point shooter and a good defender. I know this is kind of a trite statement, but he's one of those guys who would really shine if he was on a team like Miami, LA, or OKC that has legitimate superstars. If he gets traded to the right team, his career trajectory will be something like Robert Horry. Otherwise, he will bounce around the league and be see as Kyle Korver with defense. But he's one of those guys that can really help a superstar team, he has exactly the right skillset for that. He's a great shooter (and so many NBA players suck at shooting now) and he can guard the other team's number one back court option.

    For those who love Rush, they need to get over the fact that while it would be great to have him back in Indiana, he will never come back for PR reasons, fair or not. And Indy is far from the best place for him to be playing right now anyway.

  11. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to idioteque For This Useful Post:


  12. #160
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    67
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Is Brandon Rush a consistent 3 point threat

    Quote Originally Posted by idioteque View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    People on both sides of the argument need to get over something.

    For those who hate Rush, they need to get over the fact that Rush is a very good three point shooter and a good defender. I know this is kind of a trite statement, but he's one of those guys who would really shine if he was on a team like Miami, LA, or OKC that has legitimate superstars. If he gets traded to the right team, his career trajectory will be something like Robert Horry. Otherwise, he will bounce around the league and be see as Kyle Korver with defense. But he's one of those guys that can really help a superstar team, he has exactly the right skillset for that. He's a great shooter (and so many NBA players suck at shooting now) and he can guard the other team's number one back court option.

    For those who love Rush, they need to get over the fact that while it would be great to have him back in Indiana, he will never come back for PR reasons, fair or not. And Indy is far from the best place for him to be playing right now anyway.
    Good post and right on the mark....

  13. #161
    Indiana Pacers Forever Pacer Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    ya
    Posts
    3,871
    Mood

    Default Re: Is Brandon Rush a consistent 3 point threat

    Rush is a very good player on both sides of the ball and a excellent 3 pt. shooter without question.

    The problem with Rush as we all know (well, we should know anyways) is his fantastic ability to be a Magician. He has the best disappearing acts of all magicians in the world. He just needs to leave his disappearing acts off the basketball court.
    .

    Frank Vogel says "Killer instinct, start strong, build a lead and then step on their throats."

  14. #162

    Default Re: Is Brandon Rush a consistent 3 point threat


  15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Doddage For This Useful Post:


  16. #163
    bleed Blue & Gold PacersPride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    3,245

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Is Brandon Rush a consistent 3 point threat

    Quote Originally Posted by Pacer Fan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Rush is a very good player on both sides of the ball and a excellent 3 pt. shooter without question.

    The problem with Rush as we all know (well, we should know anyways) is his fantastic ability to be a Magician. He has the best disappearing acts of all magicians in the world. He just needs to leave his disappearing acts off the basketball court.
    I take issue with this post, not in a disrespectful manner, but the fact that you say he is a very good player and 3 pt shooter, then continue by saying he dissappears.. would that not be the very definition of CONSISTENT.

    The question asks if Rush is a consistent three pt shooter, not what his 3pt% is. I bumped the thread hoping with Rush no longer a member of the Pacers many of you would access Rush with more accurate vision but it appears I am mistaken.

    I have not seen Rush play for awhile, but he never struck me as a cold blooded knock down shooter. in fact, every time he shot i expected him to miss not make. which is the poiint i was trying to make regarding kyle korver, when that guy shoots i expect him to make it. in fact i got to the point where i would just cringe when Brandon would shoot, very rarely did i have any sort of confidence in him shooting, even if it were from 3 pt territory.

    the guy has talent, but it does not transcend to the court for whatever reason. bottom line is i think there is more than simply looking at a players fg or 3pt % in determining if they are consistent or not. im sorry to all the Rush supporters in this thread but Rush never inspired any confidence in his ability to shoot and i believe he feels the same which is likely the reason he does not shoot it as often as his % would dictate.

    btw, rush is a FA right now i believe and im sure he will land somewhere, but that should measure just how valuable this guy is at his craft, whereas Korver was immediately signed... so i ask why is that if korver the inferior defensive player has the same 3pt% to rush then why is Korver already under contract and Rush is not. its because he sucks point blank.. there is a reasons why Bird was unable to trade this guy for a happy meal and was thrilled to land LOU for the guy.

    finally, i think the guy who said "knocking down clutch shots when it matters most" (paraphrasing) is a good measuring stick of consistency was right on the mark. how often when it matterd would Rush consistently knock down a 3, it seemed very rare if ever.

    on paper rush looks like a 3 pt threat, but its simply not true. how many of you would feel confident with brandon rush taking a 3 at the end of the game.. alas a byron scott 3 to win a plyoff series. i bet many of you would change your yes to a no if that were the poll question. if so, then how in the heck can this guy be considered consistent.

    there is the exception that horry is, where he rises when it matters most.. but that is not even the point. the point is, rush inspires zero confidence when a three pt shot would be needed most, and that my pacers digest friends is the truest definistion of consistent three point threat.

    I am not convinced Rush is a consistent 3 pt shooter, in fact i would prefer Dunleavy taking a game winnng 3 before i would hope a play would be drawn up for rush. %'s are only one small factor in the equation, i think what matters most is can Rush be counted upon to consistently hit 3's in crunch time or the playoffs, and the answer is NO.

  17. The Following User Says Thank You to PacersPride For This Useful Post:


  18. #164
    Indiana Pacers Forever Pacer Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    ya
    Posts
    3,871
    Mood

    Default Re: Is Brandon Rush a consistent 3 point threat

    Quote Originally Posted by PacersPride View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I take issue with this post, not in a disrespectful manner, but the fact that you say he is a very good player and 3 pt shooter, then continue by saying he dissappears.. would that not be the very definition of CONSISTENT.
    No disrespect back to ya, but what I typed is the very definition of inconsistent not consistent, so I am not even going to bother reading the rest of your post!
    .

    Frank Vogel says "Killer instinct, start strong, build a lead and then step on their throats."

  19. #165
    Member pacers74's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Plainfield
    Posts
    2,296

    Default Re: Is Brandon Rush a consistent 3 point threat

    We tried the B.Rush experiment once. The problem with him isn't that he isn't talented. It is that he use that talent. He is lazy, dosen't play 100% when he is in the game, and his attitude wasn't great. He had those great stretches of games at the end of the season a couple of years back. That offseason alot of people on here thought he was our answer at SG. We thought he would average between 15-20 ppg. He never did. He just went back to the same old timid B.Rush.

    He might be done. I think he can still give a team 10-15 minutes per game, but he has to find that team.

  20. #166
    Member idioteque's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    washington dc
    Age
    28
    Posts
    9,859

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Is Brandon Rush a consistent 3 point threat

    Regarding Rush's passive attitude, I think some of that would be ameliorated if he had Kobe or Lebron shouting at him every time he made a mistake to light a fire under him a bit. He is yet to play on a team with a really good vet.

  21. #167
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    67
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Is Brandon Rush a consistent 3 point threat

    Quote Originally Posted by pacers74 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We tried the B.Rush experiment once. The problem with him isn't that he isn't talented. It is that he use that talent. He is lazy, dosen't play 100% when he is in the game, and his attitude wasn't great. He had those great stretches of games at the end of the season a couple of years back. That offseason alot of people on here thought he was our answer at SG. We thought he would average between 15-20 ppg. He never did. He just went back to the same old timid B.Rush.

    He might be done. I think he can still give a team 10-15 minutes per game, but he has to find that team.
    I would rather have Brandon Rush (good defender and shooter) than Jimmer Ferdette......

  22. #168
    Believe in Roy! boombaby1987's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Bloomington
    Posts
    4,187

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I would rather have Brandon Rush (good defender and shooter) than Jimmer Ferdette......
    Can anyone honestly say they think Jimmer is better than Brandon is/was?

    Jimmer will be out of the league when his rookie contract is up. He can't do anything but shoot and he is even struggling with that now. He was SO bad in summer league.
    @qandrews9428

  23. #169
    I have a Member xBulletproof's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    4,671

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Is Brandon Rush a consistent 3 point threat

    Quote Originally Posted by PacersPride View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    im sorry to all the Rush supporters in this thread but Rush never inspired any confidence in his ability to shoot and i believe he feels the same which is likely the reason he does not shoot it as often as his % would dictate.
    You keep talking about Korver in the playoffs against us, but you realize he was shooting over a guy 8 inches shorter than him, yes? Pretty easy to be comfortable doing that all day.

    You make it sound like shot volume is the giant difference here, and it's not. In Rush's 4 years in the league, he's shot 394 of 953. Korver in the last 4 years has shot 400-937. Pretty close to identical in shots made, and volume of them taken.

    btw, rush is a FA right now i believe and im sure he will land somewhere, but that should measure just how valuable this guy is at his craft, whereas Korver was immediately signed... so i ask why is that if korver the inferior defensive player has the same 3pt% to rush then why is Korver already under contract and Rush is not. its because he sucks point blank.
    Just so you know, Korver wasn't a free agent, and he was traded to the Hawks for nothing but "cash considerations". As we know, guys who are cold hard killers on the court get traded for packages that involve no picks, and no players all the time.

    You have some strange personal vendetta here, because you're skewing facts, making things up and calling other people names the whole way down that road. There was a lot of misinformation in there, but I only picked these two things because I didn't feel like spending several minutes on it. Rush doesn't and didn't suck.

  24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to xBulletproof For This Useful Post:


  25. #170

    Default Re: Is Brandon Rush a consistent 3 point threat

    Quote Originally Posted by BobbyMac View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Rush was never consistent at anything!
    Never consistent, but he was chronic!

  26. #171
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    67
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Is Brandon Rush a consistent 3 point threat

    Quote Originally Posted by boombaby1987 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Can anyone honestly say they think Jimmer is better than Brandon is/was?

    Jimmer will be out of the league when his rookie contract is up. He can't do anything but shoot and he is even struggling with that now. He was SO bad in summer league.
    I will admit that when people started talking about drafting Jimmer for the Pacers, I said he had bust written all over him. They all said there is always a place for a good shooter but not for one that cannot get his own shot once in a while. Add being a defensive liability to that and Jimmer will be playing in Europe if there.....

  27. #172
    Member Eleazar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Indy
    Posts
    8,405

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Is Brandon Rush a consistent 3 point threat

    Rush's biggest problem with Pacers fans is that he never lived up to expectations, and for some reason most fans are unable to change their expectations to see the good in a player instead of just seeing the disappointment.

  28. The Following User Says Thank You to Eleazar For This Useful Post:


  29. #173
    Gotta Play Big
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    15,735

    Default Re: Is Brandon Rush a consistent 3 point threat

    Rush has a ton of God given talents, but the way he uses them makes him a dime-a-dozen NBA player. So...quite frankly his position on the team isn't going to make much of a difference. George Hill could get backup minutes at the 2 and would play a much better game. Lance might blow up this year. OJ might start playing well. Paul George should be on the floor 35-40 minutes every night anyway. Seriously, let's quit with the "what ifs" around Brandon Rush. He had years to make good on his talent and he never did make a difference in Indy.

  30. #174
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    67
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Is Brandon Rush a consistent 3 point threat

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Rush has a ton of God given talents, but the way he uses them makes him a dime-a-dozen NBA player. So...quite frankly his position on the team isn't going to make much of a difference. George Hill could get backup minutes at the 2 and would play a much better game. Lance might blow up this year. OJ might start playing well. Paul George should be on the floor 35-40 minutes every night anyway. Seriously, let's quit with the "what ifs" around Brandon Rush. He had years to make good on his talent and he never did make a difference in Indy.
    I don't see why OJ would even make this team. I expect him to be one and done..... or even less.....

  31. #175
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    42
    Posts
    25,215

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Is Brandon Rush a consistent 3 point threat

    Quote Originally Posted by beast23 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I would say that he could be used in the role of an extra 3-point specialist when one is needed. But is that a need? Or is that role already covered by one or more primary backups? For that matter, does Pietrus not provide more than Rush without the detriment of the historical baggage already created with the team?
    from what I recall, Pietrus is skilled as a perimeter defender....but doesn't have a high basketball IQ and has questionable shot selection. Its possible that this has changed since his days with Golden State....but if I had a choice between Pietrus and BRush and needed a specific perimeter defender that can hit the 3pt shot....Id choose BRush over Pietrus. I know what I get from BRush if I set my expectations low.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Similar Threads

  1. What are we wanting from Rush.
    By dohman in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 77
    Last Post: 08-28-2010, 10:59 PM
  2. Say we somehow land Evan Turner...
    By SMosley21 in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 73
    Last Post: 03-16-2010, 12:14 AM
  3. Tbird 2009 draft analysis #7: Eric Maynor
    By thunderbird1245 in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 06-13-2009, 03:04 PM
  4. Remember the Name: Brandon Rush
    By rocksballer58 in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 45
    Last Post: 04-08-2009, 10:20 AM
  5. 4-16-2004
    By Ragnar in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-19-2004, 01:22 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •