View Poll Results: Is Brandon Rush a consistent 3 point threat?

Voters
123. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    53 43.09%
  • Is this real life?

    23 18.70%
  • No

    25 20.33%
  • Maybe - He hasn't shot enough for us to know (Hibbert)

    8 6.50%
  • Kill me. Kill me now. (count55)

    14 11.38%
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast
Results 126 to 150 of 224

Thread: Is Brandon Rush a consistent 3 point threat

  1. #126
    Member TinManJoshua's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Posts
    1,359

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Is Brandon Rush a consistent 3 point threat

    Quote Originally Posted by PacersPride View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    its a long season, rush has bad games and then goes back to his normal consistent three-point shooting.

    is rush a consistent shooter? is he a consistent offensive player? regardless of what was originally said, the above two questions are still very valid to any pacers fan.
    FYP

  2. #127
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    30,868

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Is Brandon Rush a consistent 3 point threat

    Is Rush a consistent offensive player? Nope.

    Is Rush a consistent 3 point shooter? Yes.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  3. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:


  4. #128
    bleed Blue & Gold PacersPride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    3,235

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Is Brandon Rush a consistent 3 point threat

    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Is Rush a consistent offensive player? Nope.

    Is Rush a consistent 3 point shooter? Yes.
    still cant figure it out can you. want to continue to harp on the same item to "win your argument." good for you, would you like a cookie, how bout a trophy... or post of the year or something on PD!!

    as ive now humbled myself on my position, and said i misspoke and should have just stated rush is not a consistent shooter, i dont think i would have been crucified.

    perhaps the reason i only referred to rush as a 3 pt shooter is b/c primarily thats all rush has done the past two seasons. rarely has he shown aggressiveness and taken it to the rim, and rarely does he shoot inside the arc. so in essense, i misspoke and only criticized his 3 pt shooting... b/c overall that has been the only position on the court he has any type of success.

    hopefully my point is now clear. rush is an above average 3 pt shooter, is he a consistent shooter as in fg accuracy overall, up to this point the answer is NO.

    do i want to see rush become a better shooter overall, and become more agressive. YES, thats why we drafted him overall at 12.
    Last edited by PacersPride; 11-22-2010 at 11:53 AM.

  5. #129
    bleed Blue & Gold PacersPride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    3,235

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Is Brandon Rush a consistent 3 point threat

    thanks for bringing this up p4e. brandon rush is not a consistent 3 pt threat. sorry, still not buying it. give me kyle korver over rush anyday.

    i have a hard time taking you seriously if you still beleiver rush is anywhere near a consistent 3pt threat such as korver or even a mike miller type of player. rush is not a hired gun and i doubt he ever will be.

  6. #130
    I have a Member xBulletproof's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    4,671

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Is Brandon Rush a consistent 3 point threat

    Aw crap. This thread again?

    You know a thread was silly when 2 years later you see just the title and immediately do a face palm.

  7. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to xBulletproof For This Useful Post:


  8. #131
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Is Brandon Rush a consistent 3 point threat

    I guess we ran out of "Legend" thank you threads....

  9. #132
    @SteaglesPD Steagles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    The 502 and 317
    Age
    18
    Posts
    3,271
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    No. Never was. Never will be. All you can count on him being is a stoner.


    Sent from #PacerNation using Tapatalk
    "What you do is so loud, I can't hear what you say" -Andrew Luck
    "If you turn the other cheek, I'm gonna hit you in the other cheek, too" -Charles Barkley
    Freshman at Louisville
    Follow me on Twitter @SteaglesPD
    1000th post - 4/16/12
    2000th post - 6/24/12
    3000th post - 3/8/13

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to Steagles For This Useful Post:


  11. #133
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    In a Gym
    Age
    21
    Posts
    16,847
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Is Brandon Rush a consistent 3 point threat

    Quote Originally Posted by PacersPride View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    thanks for bringing this up p4e. brandon rush is not a consistent 3 pt threat. sorry, still not buying it. give me kyle korver over rush anyday.

    i have a hard time taking you seriously if you still beleiver rush is anywhere near a consistent 3pt threat such as korver or even a mike miller type of player. rush is not a hired gun and i doubt he ever will be.
    Quote Originally Posted by PacersPride View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    still cant figure it out can you. want to continue to harp on the same item to "win your argument." good for you, would you like a cookie, how bout a trophy... or post of the year or something on PD!!

    as ive now humbled myself on my position, and said i misspoke and should have just stated rush is not a consistent shooter, i dont think i would have been crucified.

    perhaps the reason i only referred to rush as a 3 pt shooter is b/c primarily thats all rush has done the past two seasons. rarely has he shown aggressiveness and taken it to the rim, and rarely does he shoot inside the arc. so in essense, i misspoke and only criticized his 3 pt shooting... b/c overall that has been the only position on the court he has any type of success.

    hopefully my point is now clear. rush is an above average 3 pt shooter, is he a consistent shooter as in fg accuracy overall, up to this point the answer is NO.

    do i want to see rush become a better shooter overall, and become more agressive. YES, thats why we drafted him overall at 12.
    Contradict yourself much??

  12. #134
    Member ilive4sports's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Posts
    6,840

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Is Brandon Rush a consistent 3 point threat

    Guess who was number 6 in 3P% last season? Brandon rush at 45.2% That was .1% behind Mike Miller and Ray Allen. It was also 1.7% better than Kyle Korver.

    You just look silly now.

  13. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ilive4sports For This Useful Post:


  14. #135
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Tampa, Florida
    Age
    25
    Posts
    1,604

    Default Re: Is Brandon Rush a consistent 3 point threat

    This was and still is the most ridiculous (Edit: Or is it Not So Redickulous?) basketball related thread I've ever seen.

    Of course he's not consistent. He followed up two 41% shooting years with a 45% year. That's a 4% change!!!!1!

  15. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Ozwalt72 For This Useful Post:


  16. #136
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Tampa, Florida
    Age
    25
    Posts
    1,604

    Default Re: Is Brandon Rush a consistent 3 point threat

    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote


    If you had asked me during the offseason to list possible thread titles I might create this season from 1 to 1000 this would be number 998...right behind no. 997 "Danny Granger moves to Iraq to fight for the Jihad" and right in front of no. 999 "Jeff Foster: Great point guard or greatEST point guard" and no. 1000 "100 Reasons We Should Trade for Stephen Jackson and re-sign Jamaal Tinsley and then allow guns in the locker room, also Fingers should be our new head coach"
    I'm glad this thread came back up though because this post was and remains hilarious. Jeff Foster: Greatest Point Guard

  17. #137
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Indy
    Posts
    8,009

    Default Re: Is Brandon Rush a consistent 3 point threat

    Is there a reason this thread came back?

  18. #138
    bleed Blue & Gold PacersPride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    3,235

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Is Brandon Rush a consistent 3 point threat

    Quote Originally Posted by ilive4sports View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Guess who was number 6 in 3P% last season? Brandon rush at 45.2% That was .1% behind Mike Miller and Ray Allen. It was also 1.7% better than Kyle Korver.

    You just look silly now.
    unbelievable. i figured rush woulda demonstrated that he s*cked b****. regardless, rush never has or will duplicate what korver did in that bulls/pacers playoff series last season.

    every fn time pacers made any sort of run korver would kill all momentum with a 3.. got to the point where i was shocked if the guy even missed. i would almost bet my left &#$ korver jacked up50 more 3's than rush did last season.

    i dont give 2 ***** .. in no way shape or form is rush even in the same stratosphere as kyle korver at knocking down 3's. korver is cold blooded.

    rush sucks thats just all there is to it.

  19. #139
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Is Brandon Rush a consistent 3 point threat

    Quote Originally Posted by Ozwalt72 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This was and still is the most ridiculous (Edit: Or is it Not So Redickulous?) basketball related thread I've ever seen.
    This one and the "DC is better than Westbrook" thread are pretty close I request a poll.

  20. #140
    bleed Blue & Gold PacersPride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    3,235

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Is Brandon Rush a consistent 3 point threat

    Quote Originally Posted by Eleazar View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Is there a reason this thread came back?
    its the offseason and i wanted to prove my point. brandon rush swallows monkey *****.

    steve kerr, now there was a consistent 3 pt threat. a true marksman from deep.

  21. #141
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Is Brandon Rush a consistent 3 point threat

    Quote Originally Posted by PacersPride View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    unbelievable. i figured rush woulda demonstrated that he s*cked b****. regardless, rush never has or will duplicate what korver did in that bulls/pacers playoff series last season.

    every fn time pacers made any sort of run korver would kill all momentum with a 3.. got to the point where i was shocked if the guy even missed. i would almost bet my left &#$ korver jacked up50 more 3's than rush did last season.

    i dont give 2 ***** .. in no way shape or form is rush even in the same stratosphere as kyle korver at knocking down 3's. korver is cold blooded.

    rush sucks thats just all there is to it.

  22. #142
    bleed Blue & Gold PacersPride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    3,235

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Is Brandon Rush a consistent 3 point threat

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This one and the "DC is better than Westbrook" thread are pretty close I request a poll.
    can ryan anderson is an equal player to david west poll option be added.

    **** *.

  23. #143
    bleed Blue & Gold PacersPride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    3,235

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Is Brandon Rush a consistent 3 point threat

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    from the ******* dipshit who stated ryan anderson is an equal player to west. how about that LEGEND will win EOY thread ... guess you can take your fool lost his mind option and stick right where the sun dont shine douchebag.

  24. #144
    Member ilive4sports's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Posts
    6,840

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Is Brandon Rush a consistent 3 point threat

    kyle korver hitting threes in the playoffs has nothing to do with Brandon Rush being a consistent 3 point threat or not. Fact is, the past three seasons, Brandon Rush has been in the top 15 in the entire league in 3P%. If that isn't a consistent 3 point threat, then I don't ****ing know what the definition of consistent 3 point threat is.

  25. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ilive4sports For This Useful Post:


  26. #145
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Is Brandon Rush a consistent 3 point threat

    Quote Originally Posted by PacersPride View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    from the ******* dipshit who stated ryan anderson is an equal player to west. how about that LEGEND will win EOY thread ... guess you can take your fool lost his mind option and stick right where the sun dont shine douchebag.
    Wow

  27. #146
    On the Vogel Wagon gummy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Indy
    Posts
    3,920
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Is Brandon Rush a consistent 3 point threat

    Wow. This is even more ridiculous than it was 2 yrs ago. And you bumped it because you believe you've been vindicated by events in the intervening years!? I say again - wow.
    "Freedom is nothing else but a chance to be better." - Albert Camus

    "Appreciation is a wonderful thing. It makes what is excellent in others belong to us as well." - Voltaire

    Michael Pina, Red94: "There are so many different ways the Pacers can beat you. They have an All-Star scoring threat, imposing figures on the front line, steady point guard play, and most importantly, a defense that'll choke the life out of just about every offense that crosses its path."

  28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gummy For This Useful Post:


  29. #147
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Indy
    Posts
    8,009

    Default Re: Is Brandon Rush a consistent 3 point threat

    Quote Originally Posted by PacersPride View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    its the offseason and i wanted to prove my point. brandon rush swallows monkey *****.

    steve kerr, now there was a consistent 3 pt threat. a true marksman from deep.
    How has your point been proven?

    Statistically Rush and Korver are virtually identical, hell over the course of their careers their three point percentage is identical. Just because Korver had one great series against us doesn't mean he is suddenly a better option than Rush. Croshere had a great series once, and he never matched it again. I would be all for bring in Korver to be our 3pt specialist, but honestly I would rather have Rush back because not only would he be a 3pt specialist, he is also a better defender than PG.



    P.S. If you are wondering what Korver's shooting statistics where at the end of the playoffs the season we played them: Korver FG% .388 3PT% .423 and Rush FG% .462 3PT% .750. Yeah Korver took 3 times as many shots per game, but that is the failure of the coach there.

  30. The Following User Says Thank You to Eleazar For This Useful Post:


  31. #148
    Formerly PacerFanInAZ Cactus Jax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Tucson AZ
    Age
    30
    Posts
    4,110
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Is Brandon Rush a consistent 3 point threat

    "It's just unfortunate that we've been penalized so much this year and nothing has happened to the Pistons, the Palace or the city of Detroit," he said. "It's almost like it's always our fault. The league knows it. They should be ashamed of themselves to let the security be as lax as it is around here."

    ----------------- Reggie Miller

  32. #149
    can't wait to see this v Heisenberg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    12,329

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Is Brandon Rush a consistent 3 point threat

    Brandon Rush is a pretty good basketball player that is the exact kind of off the bench wing this team could use.

    And now I've made the most obvious statement in the history of basketball.

  33. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:


  34. #150

    Default Re: Is Brandon Rush a consistent 3 point threat

    If I could sort of quote a fairly consistent 3PT guy from our past: "It's not how many you make, it's when you make them."

    Making a few 3's in garbage time is a lot different than making 1 at the end of a close game when defense is actually being played. When Rush makes one that matters, it'll be his 1st.

Similar Threads

  1. What are we wanting from Rush.
    By dohman in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 77
    Last Post: 08-28-2010, 10:59 PM
  2. Say we somehow land Evan Turner...
    By SMosley21 in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 73
    Last Post: 03-15-2010, 11:14 PM
  3. Tbird 2009 draft analysis #7: Eric Maynor
    By thunderbird1245 in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 06-13-2009, 03:04 PM
  4. Remember the Name: Brandon Rush
    By rocksballer58 in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 45
    Last Post: 04-08-2009, 10:20 AM
  5. 4-16-2004
    By Ragnar in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-19-2004, 01:22 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •