View Poll Results: Is Brandon Rush a consistent 3 point threat?

Voters
123. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

53 43.09%
  • Is this real life?

23 18.70%
  • No

25 20.33%
  • Maybe - He hasn't shot enough for us to know (Hibbert)

8 6.50%
  • Kill me. Kill me now. (count55)

14 11.38%
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Is Brandon Rush a consistent 3 point threat

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Is Brandon Rush a consistent 3 point threat

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Feel free to call me a "tool" or a "loser" or anything else that pops into your mind.

Enjoy your day.
    what good will it do, apparently i have "no sense of reality" b/c i believe rush to be an inconsistent shooter.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by PacersPride View Post
    what good will it do, apparently i have "no sense of reality" b/c i believe rush to be an inconsistent shooter.
    6 yrs of near 40% from 3 pt range makes u pretty consistent from 3pt range in most peoples book just ask some b ball scouts.
    Last edited by pacer4ever; 11-16-2010 at 04:47 PM.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

yes i forgot, %'s are the end all be all of any sports related discussion.
    For real? He cited several other things to back that up, including shots attempted and made. The large sample size available lends a lot of credence to his rate statistics. I mean...that's how statistics work.
    "And Tottenham do not know what hit them...well I can tell you, it's Theo Walcott!"

"And it's Tony Adams put through by Steve Bould, WOULD YOU BELIEVE IT?! That...sums it all up."

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Brohan Cruyff For This Useful Post:

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by fightoffyourdemons View Post
    For real? He cited several other things to back that up, including shots attempted and made. The large sample size available lends a lot of credence to his rate statistics. I mean...that's how statistics work.
    also Brandon is one of the most efficent players we have. Which can be backed up with stat i dont get pacerprides agrument.

No, I think that was said because you refuse to acknowledge a pretty large body of evidence that's been presented to refute your case, and instead repeated the same claims over and over again.
    "And Tottenham do not know what hit them...well I can tell you, it's Theo Walcott!"

"And it's Tony Adams put through by Steve Bould, WOULD YOU BELIEVE IT?! That...sums it all up."

http://www.nba.com/hotspots/

This is a good tool to use to see Brandon's hotspots from previous seasons.

I mean Rush shot nearly 4 3s/game last year. That's not shooting it very often?
    Let me think about this.....HE IS TAKING 8.5 SHOTS A GAME AND HE WAS A STARTER....

IF he isn't going to shoot two's in the game then I want my sg shooting 3's. IF he is our long term sg then I think he has to take more shots and of those shots he should take the ones that he feels most comfortable taking.

You want a good example then look at Raja Bell when he was in Phoenix. He took 400 some 3's a year and made a good percentage of them. IF that is what Rush has to offer then I gladly take it. I honestly wish he was more versatile but we have had success with one dimensional players before.

On a side note I just looked this up. Quis in his last year here took almost as many shots in 54 games as did Brandon in 82.

Hey if your a one dimensional NBA player than you had better be exploiting that part of your game a whole lot more than Brandon is...JMO
    Last edited by Gamble1; 11-16-2010 at 05:26 PM.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    also Brandon is one of the most efficent players we have. Which can be backed up with stat i dont get pacerprides agrument.
    I do not have an argument, my original statement was Rush needs to work on his follow through, it was just a harmless comment, nothing more. When pressed about it, i stated i do not believe rush is a consistent 3 pt shooter, others have went on and on about it, and i have stated that i do not believe the stats/%'s are the only factor that should be considered.

maybe i should have simply said that Brandon Rush overall is an average shooter in general.. then maybe this discussion would not have gone so far. i could then point to his 62 % free throw and 42 fg % as to why i think Rush is not a very good shooter, and that I tend to believe his brother Kareem was and is the better shooter b/t the two.

at this point, i dont care, and im sure that over the course of the season those who watch rush play will see the point that i originally tried to make. hopefully i am proved wrong and rush worked on his shooting over the summer.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by fightoffyourdemons View Post
    No, I think that was said because you refuse to acknowledge a pretty large body of evidence that's been presented to refute your case, and instead repeated the same claims over and over again.
    wtf?? pls summarize his large body of evidence which is based purely on stats and %'s which again i have stated is only one sample of data that can be looked at. the other is actual play and that is what im basing my opinion on.

im done with this for now.

Mood

I do not have an argument, my original statement was Rush needs to work on his follow through, it was just a harmless comment, nothing more. When pressed about it, i stated i do not believe rush is a consistent 3 pt shooter, others have went on and on about it, and i have stated that i do not believe the stats/%'s are the only factor that should be considered.

maybe i should have simply said that Brandon Rush overall is an average shooter in general.. then maybe this discussion would not have gone so far. i could then point to his 62 % free throw and 42 fg % as to why i think Rush is not a very good shooter, and that I tend to believe his brother Kareem was and is the better shooter b/t the two.

at this point, i dont care, and im sure that over the course of the season those who watch rush play will see the point that i originally tried to make. hopefully i am proved wrong and rush worked on his shooting over the summer.
    LOL his follow thur lol many great shooters dont follow thur this is just LOL. Reggie Miller didnt even have great form but that didnt matter it went in. i cant belive that u would say he is a bad shooter because he doesnt follow thur. LOL

Sports Logo Sports Logo

LOL his follow thur lol many great shooters dont follow thur this is just LOL. Reggie Miller didnt even have great form but that didnt matter it went in. i cant belive that u would say he is a bad shooter because he doesnt follow thur. LOL

i didnt say that, go back and reread the original comment, i said he needs better follow through so he can improve his jump shooting. it was a suggestion.

i dont give a damn if the guy shoots like joakim noah if the ball goes through the hoop.

stop twisting my words into what you want them to be and read the actual comments i made to begin with.

peace

Mood

i didnt say that, go back and reread the original comment, i said he needs better follow through so he can improve his jump shooting. it was a suggestion.

i dont give a damn if the guy shoots like joakim noah if the ball goes through the hoop.

stop twisting my words into what you want them to be and read the actual comments i made to begin with.

peace
    how did i twist ur words u said he is bad because his follow thur. I didnt make that up. it is the bold section i highlighted last post.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Please read my "kill me. kill me now," vote as an endorsement of "is this real life?" as well.

"Freedom is nothing else but a chance to be better." - Albert Camus

"Appreciation is a wonderful thing. It makes what is excellent in others belong to us as well." - Voltaire

Michael Pina, Red94: "There are so many different ways the Pacers can beat you. They have an All-Star scoring threat, imposing figures on the front line, steady point guard play, and most importantly, a defense that'll choke the life out of just about every offense that crosses its path."

Mood

pacer pride Brandon Rush is shooting 44% from three.

Dunleavy 36%

so ya Brandon isnt a good 3 pt shooter

Sports Logo Sports Logo

pacer pride Brandon Rush is shooting 44% from three.

Dunleavy 36%

so ya Brandon isnt a good 3 pt shooter
    im pretty much over this. i want to see rush do well and not root against him. last season and his career here he has been a very inconsistent offensive player. he does shoot the 3 well for someone who only shoots 60 some percent from the free throw line.

he has had a couple good offensive games, hopefully he continues cause the pacers can really use his offense at the sg position.

* the poll is not completely lopsided. maybe i misspoke, but i just hope to see rush bring it offensively every night.

Mood

he does shoot the 3 well for someone who only shoots 60 some percent from the free throw line.
    Much improved this season so far - 87.5%.
    "Freedom is nothing else but a chance to be better." - Albert Camus

"Appreciation is a wonderful thing. It makes what is excellent in others belong to us as well." - Voltaire

Michael Pina, Red94: "There are so many different ways the Pacers can beat you. They have an All-Star scoring threat, imposing figures on the front line, steady point guard play, and most importantly, a defense that'll choke the life out of just about every offense that crosses its path."

* the poll is not completely lopsided.
    Not as lopsided as I expected.

croz24, DaveP63, diamonddave00, Gamble1, I Love P, Major Cold, nerveghost, odeez, pacers74, Psyren, RayRay, speakout4, tora tora, vnzla81... you guys wanna getin on this?
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

I think it's not as lopsided because the wording doesn't represent what started the debate in the first place. PacersPride didn't say he wasn't consistent at first, he just said he wasn't a good shooter from 3, at all. Even saying that his 3 point shooting percentage was misleading, no idea how that's possible, but hey.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to xBulletproof For This Useful Post:

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by xBulletproof View Post
    I think it's not as lopsided because the wording doesn't represent what started the debate in the first place. PacersPride didn't say he wasn't consistent at first, he just said he wasn't a good shooter from 3, at all. Even saying that his 3 point shooting percentage was misleading, no idea how that's possible, but hey.
    we should do a new poll is shooting %'s misleading

I had a tough time thinking how to word the question, because frankly, I find the question to be ridiculous to even have to answer.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

Mood

I had a tough time thinking how to word the question, because frankly, I find the question to be ridiculous to even have to answer.
    i wuld have put "is Brandon a good 3 pt shooter "
    Last edited by pacer4ever; 11-21-2010 at 03:38 AM.

I should have replaced "threat" with "shooter" I think that would have changed the results pretty significantly.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

Mood

I should have replaced "threat" with "shooter" I think that would have changed the results pretty significantly.
    it wouldnt have changed pacer pride because Rush doesnt follow thur lol. The free throw he missed 2nite he followed thur on lol. I think he does follow thur but his shot is unque u can barley tell on 3s.

Feed the big fella. Infinite MAN_force's Avatar

This is a useful thread. It has been very useful in helping me update my ignore list.
    "As a bearded man, i was very disappointed in Love. I am gathering other bearded men to discuss the status of Kevin Love's beard. I am motioning that it must be shaved."

- ilive4sports

Sports Logo Sports Logo

lets do a new poll and make it "is rush a consistent shooter" how do you feel the results would be then?

its a long season, rush has good games and then goes back to his normal inconsistent ways.

as ive said, this argument/debate caught me off gaurd, maybe i did not clarify as well as i should have and i can accept that.

is rush a consistent shooter? is he a consistent offensive player? regardless of what was originally said, the above two questions are still very valid to any pacers fan.