Thread: If you could have attended just one Pacer game in your life.......

Mood

Default Re: If you could have attended just one Pacer game in your life.......

The game (I think it was game 4) where Reggie hit the 3 on the Bulls in the ECF. It was the series and specifically that game and that moment, that elevated me from casual fan to die-hard fan. I'd love to see it in person.

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The game (I think it was game 4) where Reggie hit the 3 on the Bulls in the ECF. It was the series and specifically that game and that moment, that elevated me from casual fan to die-hard fan. I'd love to see it in person.
    I was there!!!

Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

The one game that I didn't attend that I would have killed to be there for was game 1 of the 94 playoffs with the Magic.

It was in Orlando, so I couldn't attend. But man would I have loved to dance in the aisle when Byron hit that three. You could hear the oxygen being sucked out of the O rena even on t.v.

I would choose that above any knicks games, bulls games any other games, because to me that is where it all started.

Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Game 4, 1995 ECF's Magic-Pacers

3 potential game winners, then the Smits game winner at the buzzer.

One of the greatest playoff games in the history of the NBA.

I'm still ticked we didn't win that series, I thought 1995 should have been our year, we should have won it all.

Quote Originally Posted by PacerFanAdam
    Game 4, 1995 ECF's Magic-Pacers

3 potential game winners, then the Smits game winner at the buzzer.

One of the greatest playoff games in the history of the NBA.

I'm still ticked we didn't win that series, I thought 1995 should have been our year, we should have won it all.
    I was there to.

I bet it was an incredible experience. I bet the noise in MSA after the Smits shot is impossible to describe.

Oh......also the Michael Jordan comeback game on March 19, 1995. That was one of the most anticpated games in NBA history, and the Pacers were shown throughout the world, as that game was broadcasted in many countries.

Seeing MJ make his comeback would have been great, and of course, the Pacers pulled out a victory in OT.

Zesty

And Jordan went 7-28. I loved it.

Pacers.com said it best:

June 2, 2000
    The Pacers beat the Knicks 93-80 at Madison Square Garden to squash old demons, take the series 4-2, win their first Eastern Conference Championship and advance to the NBA Finals. Knicks nemesis Miller seals the deal at the Garden with a flourish, scoring 34 points with 17 coming in the fourth quarter.
    "I'll always be a part of Donnie Walsh."
    -Ron Artest, Denver Post, 12.28.05

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks
    "Harpers on Miller...McKey gets it into Miller for the Win...(Enormous Explosion) Four Tenths of a second...oh baby...oh baby"

Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I was thinking about doing what Peck is doing.

I was at both of those games, too, and they both are in my top-five.

Some others I'm considering...

Game 7, 1972-73 ABA Finals vs. Kentucky (Did not attend)
    Game 4, 1993-94 ECFs @ New York (Did not attend)
    Game 4, 1990-91 First round, vs. Boston (Did attend)
    Game 6, 1999-00 ECFs @ New York (Did not attend)
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you

Luckly for me...the only home Pacer game I have ever seen was Game 1 of the 2004 ECF...That was such a thrill...it was like a religous experience.

I bet it was an incredible experience. I bet the noise in MSA after the Smits shot is impossible to describe.
    When I go to a Pacers game I am almost stoic when I watch. There are a few times that I jump & if you've seen my picture you know my fat @ss can't really jump.

When Rik hit that shot I jumped up over the seat & literally fell on my butt.

The house exploded. Same thing with Reggie's shot vs. Jordan btw.

Oh......also the Michael Jordan comeback game on March 19, 1995. That was one of the most anticpated games in NBA history, and the Pacers were shown throughout the world, as that game was broadcasted in many countries.

Seeing MJ make his comeback would have been great, and of course, the Pacers pulled out a victory in OT.
    I tend to not think of that as Jordans comeback game. I will always think of it as the day Dale Davis grabbed 20 rebounds to lead the Pacers to a victory over the Bulls.

Other than the Orlando game 1.

I would really have liked to have been able to be there for any of the ABA championships.

I'm pretty sure I've only missed one home playoff game since 1985 & unfortunately it was this season vs. the Pistons. I missed game 5. I watched it on T.V. from Virginia but let me tell you it's not like being there in person.

You've seen many heartbreakers too then, Peckk.......

1994-Game 6 ECF's against NY...how wild would MSA have gone if the Pacers had clinched that series in that game?

1996-Game 5 against the Hawks......Reggie gave it his all after being injured, but Atlanta prevailed

1999-Games 1 and 5....what a bummer that series was

Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I really became a bitter man after the 1999 ECFs. Games #1 and #5 were much more difficult for me to take than LJ's shot. I said my good-bye's to MSA after Game #5, because I knew we weren't coming back.
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you

Any of these three NBA Finals games...Ranked in order of importance, the first being the one I'd most like to go to of the three:

5 Indiana Pacers 120, Lakers 87
    3 Indiana Pacers 100, Lakers 91
    4 Indiana Lakers 120, Indiana 118 (overtime)

1999 made me bitter too. After game 5, I thought, "this was it, no more basketball at Market Square Arena(of course we played some irrelavant exhibition games there in the 99-00 preseason).

I really thought MSA was going out with an NBA championship in 1999.

Yes game 4 in 1995 against the Magic was the most thrilling game I have ever been to. And I have been to every home pacers playoff game.

I have never missed a home Pacers playoff game, been to everyone. Except I guess in 1981, I was pretty young then and it was only a best of 3 and they only had one game. You know what I don't believe any of those two games were even on local or national TV.

Yes game #5 in 1999 was bad and that loss was the worst series loss ever, followed by the Magic in 1995

I need to add my voice to the chorus on the '99 ECF. Leaving game 5, the whole crowd was so dejected and angry, I think we could of torn down MSA with our barehands.

As for a game to go to, hmm. The '98 game 4 mentioned stands out, that was the game that was behind me getting season tickets cause I so wanted to be there.

A lot of people are talking about game 4 of the '95 ECF, but I would love to have been sitting next to Peck for game 3, so I could point out how Derrick McKey single-handedly won that game.

And any game from the ABA days would be a trip. Have to be at the fairgrounds, though.
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

Quote Originally Posted by PacerMan
    Quote Originally Posted by btowncolt
    ....what would it be and why?
    The one in NY when Reggie scored ? points in the last ? seconds.
    8 points in 8.9 seconds. But it wasn't the last 8.9 seconds. Believe it was something like 18.2-9.3 seconds remaining.

Speaking of the Knicks, here's one. Game 5, ECF, '94, as long as I can have Spike Lee's wife's seat.

IndianaMan

Game 6 when we reggie gave the shove to Jordan and drilled a 3 to win it!!!!