4 - Future 1st from Toronto
    5 - Future 2nd from Indiana

Toronto Gets:
    1 - TJ Ford
    2 - Dahntay Jones
    3 - Solo Jones
    4 - Matt Carroll

Grades:

Indiana - Indiana obviously brings in PF & SG prospects to solidify positions of question. The catch is Udrih's deal which goes through next season. Udrih isnt horrible however so I see this is as a fair sacrifice.

Charlotte - Jack is a Larry Brown type of PG and will solidify the PG rotation with Augustine nicely. Dorsey is a scrappy big who also fits Brown's syle of play and Garcia isnt a bad fit either. Lastly Alabi is a decent prospect at C. All they really give up is Henderson who really isnt getting much burn anyway. They also are able to move Carroll's contract which runs through this ssn plus 2 more.

Sacremento - Mostly a cost cutting move here as they move Udrih and Garcia who are the only 2 players left with longer contracts who arent a part of the youth movement. They also aquire a couple draft picks. Essentially all they give up is Thompson who they are rumored to be shopping anyway. They do take on Calderon's deal which may or may not be the roadblock of this deal, however I think Jose would be a nice addition as the Kings PG of the future....IMO Evans is not a PG and would be complimented nicely by a PG like Calderon who is a pass first but can shoot from outside type of player.....2 things that Evans does not do well. Julian Wright is still a decent prospect as a throw in. Mohamed is an expiring plain and simple.

Toronto - All contract shedding here for the Raptors. They move both Jack & Calderon at once which is a coup for them. TJ is an expirer and will likely be a 1 year rental. Solo also just an expirer to them. Dahntay's contract is cheap so wont effect them. Carroll is the only catch as he has 3 years at 4mil left......but it shard to complain when you are shedding 14mil over 3 years in the process.

IMO this works for all teams involved....possible Sacremento the least since they take on Calderon's deal.....but with them moving other long term deals as well as aquiring draft picks in the process I think it works for them too.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: IND/CHA/SAC/TOR

why in gods green earth would Tor give up a top 5 pick most likely?????? dont tell me they get rid of jose thats not worth a top 5 pick.

SAC would not do this. They really like benu

We already have SG and SF prospects as good or better than the two we pick up in this trade. If we're going to spend our expirings, we should do it on a player that isn't a project.

First off a future 1st doesnt mean next season (although with the likely poor talent pool next ssn it would be smart to give it up in 2011) it would be any future ssn within reason at Toronto's discretion. Yes I think they would do this to clear space to retool around their new nucleus of Derozan, Weems, Davis, and Bargnani. As far as Sacremento....I have seen very little to make me think they are in love with Udrih....he has constantly been in the rumor mill for the past few seasons as on the block....he is just all they have at the PG spot right now....they have to play him.....Calderon is a much better player for the long term....not to mention the cap savings they gain.....

As far as saying we have prospects who are better at SG...and Im assuming you meant PF not SF being that we arent aquiring a SF in this deal....I think its arguable that we have a player on our roster anything close to Jason Thompson. I like McRoberts & Tyler as much as any of their fans but we need a 4th big for the rotation....Thompson can play PF or C something neither Josh nor Tyler can do on a reg basis.....he is the perfect fit IMO.....as far as Henderson goes ..I want Rush to be the answer and he may grow into that but I think Henderson could be a break out star once he gets out from under the shadow that is Larry Brown......Brown is notorious for burying young players on the bench that explode once finally given a chance elsewhere.....as far as giving up too much to get these 2 players.....are you serious....do you really think TJ and Solomon are going to net us anything better ? We still have Dun and Foster coming off the books at the end of the season or trade bait if need be to the tune of 17 million....this would be an incredible trade for us.....the Sacremento and Toronto sides are debatable....but from our end....seems crazy not to like for all we give up