Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I'm not doing it again this year

Default I'm not doing it again this year

I'm not watching the same stupid **** i've seen the past 3 years. I'm not gunna watch this team handle the ****ing Nuggets and then come back and lose to a 1 win team without there best 2 players. How many god damn times does O'Brien need to see Brad Miller flash the the 3 point line on a pick and roll, before he makes a god damn adjustment. How many times do the Simons and Bird have to watch a bad coach do that same **** over and over again before there is a change.

3 year plan? To suck? Was that the point of the plan? Is it to drive the fans away? I'm assuming that's the point of the 3 year plan, because i just put my next 7 season tickets up for sale. Maybe a business man who wants to impress a client will buy them and go to the game and fold his legs and smoosh all night.

I'm done. I'm just not going to do this again. I rather stay at home and clean my house to be honest. I've seen this movie 3 times already. I'm not wasting gas to see it again. I know the ending. Bird knows the ending. The Simon's know the ending. It's insane to keep going, thinking it's going to change.

2. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Foul on Smits For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

Default Re: I'm not doing it again this year

Reading this made me feel good that I am not the only one who feels this way, but deep down I know tomorrow night I am tuning in. Vicious cycle.
    *removed* Just keep politics and religion completely out of it, please.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jon Theodore For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

i look forward to seeing you in the next game thread

6. The Following User Says Thank You to crunk-juice For This Useful Post:

Here we go Steelers.. jmoney2584's Avatar

ME too man. I get so furious and scream and throw a fit and site these complaints verbatim. Yet, I tune in every game. I wish the Pacers could spend a month in the shoes of a die hard Pacers fan. I feel that us hardcore ones take losses harder than the players do (some of the players, I know a few in the lockeroom give a crap) and it is completely sickening.
    Roy Hibbert.... It's the POWER!!!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to jmoney2584 For This Useful Post:

crazy shinaniganz BringJackBack's Avatar

I hate to sound like a ****, but can't this go in the postgame thread?

I agree with you guys, somewhat, but every time we lose four to six post game threads get posted and it can all just go in one.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to BringJackBack For This Useful Post:

This 3 year plan we're implementing in Indiana is equivalent to an obese person implementing a 3 year plan to gain 5 pounds.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Foul on Smits For This Useful Post:

How do you guys expect BringJackBack to keep this place organized if you guys keep making these messes. He has enough stress to deal with, he doesn't need this!
    *removed* Just keep politics and religion completely out of it, please.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jon Theodore For This Useful Post:

Wow. Guess what? The team that played out of their mind last game, came down to Earth. Then that "1" win team is a much better team than their record would indicate.

Law of averages caught up with both teams. Calm down.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to xBulletproof For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Theodore View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    How do you guys expect BringJackBack to keep this place organized if you guys keep making these messes. He has enough stress to deal with, he doesn't need this!
    Fair enough.

Kevin Love with 26 rebounds in the 4th, 11 minutes to go.

This is the final year of the 3 year plan.

I'm hoping for a big turn around next season. I was kind of expecting it to be this season where we do finally get in, but we have very good players who are still getting used to one another and it'll take some more time for us to officially improve our spot in the standings.

We have a very good, young core moving forward. We just need some more pieces in order to make this team a playoff contender with a comfortable position in the standings.

It will take a new head coach. We are definitly due for a change. Four years of the same head coaching and having horrible records is not good for any team. I'm not pointing out Jim O'Brien specifically, but for any team that's had poor records under the same head coach for a while, it's time for a change and it's fair for the players to have a new head coach to play under.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibbert View Post
    Holy crap!

Quote Originally Posted by Hibbert View Post

/green

Quote Originally Posted by BringJackBack View Post

/green
    yeah bill russell.....do you have a point here?

Yeah.. No one really has games like this anymore, and it's refreshing. Of course he'd have to average like 30 rebounds every night to be on Bill's level but it's nice to have people who can get 30 and 30.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to BringJackBack For This Useful Post:

NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by xBulletproof View Post
    Wow. Guess what? The team that played out of their mind last game, came down to Earth. Then that "1" win team is a much better team than their record would indicate.

Law of averages caught up with both teams. Calm down.
    No kidding. Sheesh.

I thought JOB specifically fetched Posey onto Scola/Miller because of their savvy moves given Roy, Josh and Tyler problems, and Posey handled it pretty well.

One reason I like Josh is something that happened just like what I saw with he and Rush last year. In that case Rush got beat on an upfake and 5 minutes later Josh got switched onto the same SF (might have been Thornton) and did NOT bite that fake.

So tonight we have Roy bite multiple Brad upfakes with no intention of shooting. Josh gets burned once by him and the very next time you see him catch himself about midway into chasing it and instead backs off to get into position to take the charge.

I love Roy, but to me Josh learns the game quicker than most players, at least during the game.

Overall we saw the difference between a tired and not very good defensive team in Denver vs a focused defensive team in Houston. We also saw how perimeter defense is still an issue with not just Dun (man, twice he literally gave a clear path to the rim) but Collison too. And as I just mentioned we saw our bigs befuddled by crafty scoring vets in the Euro mold of big men.

I WANT JOB to keep those guys out there. The last thing I want to see is nothing but undersized teams where Dun, Posey or Ford play insanely high/unwarranted minutes. Lets face it, Dun shot his way back into the rotation last game just when it looked like Rush and George would force him out, and then he kept that shooting up this game and forced Paul to stay on the bench.

As long as Roy, Josh and Tyler are better at dealing with Scola/Miller types 50 games from now then these kinds of nights will all be worth it. This year is NOT THE SAME to me, the biggest JOB critic there was. This finally looks much more like youthful development with just a dash of vet guidance on the court.

26. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Naptown_Seth For This Useful Post:

Definition of insanity:

Retaining Jim O'Brien as coach and expecting the outcome to be different.

28. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Shade For This Useful Post:

Banned

I don't know if I'm crazy, but I had a feeling of turning the game off when we had the TJ,Dun Posey line up, I can't do it anymore either.

Things don't suddenly turn around just because you get a 2nd year PG. I understand ppl who feel dissappointed due to the whole 3 year plan thing. But looking at the start of the season it didnt seem like this would be anything better than a loss-win-los-win-loss season.
    We kept coach and nearly same team afterall. We have a bunch of young players and expirings. If you want a team that wins much more than it loses, tune in in 2-3 years i guess

As for that game, personally i felt we did fine. Rockets aren't that terrible. They had 2 or 3 best players on the floor last night. Yao actually slows them down more atm than he helps them.
    Last edited by ballism; 11-13-2010 at 03:46 PM.

I can't agree with this post any better.....But we all know what we're gonna be looking at starting at 7:30 EST on FSN tonight!
    And the walls came tumbling down.....

I'm thoroughly enjoying watching the Pacers this year. I wasn't expecting alot of wins anyway this soon. I like watching a talented and athletic young core develop into a team. This team is much more entertaining, hard working, and happier than last years team. They still need to learn how to close out games against the good teams. They also will need playoff experience before we can expect much. It's still too early to get too high over wins and too low over losses. We won't be a contender for awhile yet. Sit back, relax and enjoy the progress of these likeable young basketball players.
    Last edited by dlewyus; 11-13-2010 at 08:29 PM. Reason: typo
    “It is what we learn after we know it all that really counts” - John Wooden

33. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dlewyus For This Useful Post:

As stated before numerous times in this thread, I also get pissed off and yet still tune in every game. I like the Pacers too much not to.

But something has to change. This team is fun to watch, and I will still tune in to watch every game. But truth is, we'll likely finish just below .500, get beat by teams we have no excuse to lose to, beat teams we have no business beating, and end up with a mid-round high lottery draft pick.

It has to stop.
    Stop quoting people I have on ignore!

Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
    As stated before numerous times in this thread, I also get pissed off and yet still tune in every game. I like the Pacers too much not to.

But something has to change. This team is fun to watch, and I will still tune in to watch every game. But truth is, we'll likely finish just below .500, get beat by teams we have no excuse to lose to, beat teams we have no business beating, and end up with a mid-round high lottery draft pick.

It has to stop.
    We see a very untalented team in Cleveland play good ball. I think it is because Byron Scott isn't trying to put JJ Hickson in the high post (that would be disgusting, not half commiting to players- in other words, not commiting at all-, plays the best players and not favorite players, and they don't have too many players that are completely obsessed with the three.

The first thing that we need for success with the Pacers is getting Roy the ball in the low post. Dump it to him, shoot if there is no double which won't really happen, and pass out for a high percentage three as opposed to an off-the-dribble three.

The second thing is to set a real rotation. We have had no injuries so far but we have absolutely no rotation. I gave Jim a pass last year because of injuries but the constant changing of rotations has to be aggravating for the players.

The third thing is to develop an identity that works. Iso-three ball, half assed picks, and high post obsession haven't worked in the past and we need something to change. The ideal identity for me would be "the young halfcourt team that gets the ball to Roy in the low post and shows good movement as all of their wing players are good three point shooters. They play good defense and they really push the ball off turnovers as they have an array of players that fill the lanes on fast breaks".

The identity thing hopefully will come in time.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Foul on Smits View Post
    This 3 year plan we're implementing in Indiana is equivalent to an obese person implementing a 3 year plan to gain 5 pounds.

I don't understand what you're trying to say here.
    "I've got an idea--an idea so smart that my head would explode if I even began to know what I'm talking about." - Peter Griffin

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Foul on Smits View Post
    I'm not watching the same stupid **** i've seen the past 3 years. I'm not gunna watch this team handle the ****ing Nuggets and then come back and lose to a 1 win team without there best 2 players. How many *** damn times does O'Brien need to see Brad Miller flash the the 3 point line on a pick and roll, before he makes a *** damn adjustment. How many times do the Simons and Bird have to watch a bad coach do that same **** over and over again before there is a change.

3 year plan? To suck? Was that the point of the plan? Is it to drive the fans away? I'm assuming that's the point of the 3 year plan, because i just put my next 7 season tickets up for sale. Maybe a business man who wants to impress a client will buy them and go to the game and fold his legs and smoosh all night.

I'm done. I'm just not going to do this again. I rather stay at home and clean my house to be honest. I've seen this movie 3 times already. I'm not wasting gas to see it again. I know the ending. Bird knows the ending. The Simon's know the ending. It's insane to keep going, thinking it's going to change.
    Bet you do.