Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Kanter Ruled Ineligible For 10-11 Season

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Kanter Ruled Ineligible For 10-11 Season

Quote Originally Posted by BringJackBack View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    How good do you think Cody is going to be? Hansbrough or Laettner-esque?

If so, as I am just a casual college basketball fan, than I am pumped and I need to get a more vested interest (in other words, bandwagon) in IU's basketball program.
    No way, those guys were all-time college greats. Cody will be good, but I think his recruitment was more symbolic than anything. Closing the borders, keeping the best in state kids in the state, and he might create a domino effect with other top guys that want to play with him. As for his on the court impact...who knows? I really haven't seen him play besides highlight tapes, but I've read good things, obviously. I think we can expect a four year starter who rebounds extremely well and gives us a dimension we don't have in the post. Wouldn't surprise me to see him average a double double at some point in his career here.

crazy shinaniganz BringJackBack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    No way, those guys were all-time college greats. Cody will be good, but I think his recruitment was more symbolic than anything. Closing the borders, keeping the best in state kids in the state, and he might create a domino effect with other top guys that want to play with him. As for his on the court impact...who knows? I really haven't seen him play besides highlight tapes, but I've read good things, obviously. I think we can expect a four year starter who rebounds extremely well and gives us a dimension we don't have in the post. Wouldn't surprise me to see him average a double double at some point in his career here.
    Oh, ok I was going to say lmao. When I thought of a holiday regarding a basketball player I initially thought based on skill so my heart kind of skipped a beat when you say that.

Well, I am a casual fan of college basketball as I pick a handful of college players that I think that the Pacers would go after. But I suppose that I will jump on the IU bandwagon as the buzz in the city rises.

Quote Originally Posted by BringJackBack View Post
    Oh, ok I was going to say lmao. When I thought of a holiday regarding a basketball player I initially thought based on skill so my heart kind of skipped a beat when you say that.

Well, I am a casual fan of college basketball as I pick a handful of college players that I think that the Pacers would go after. But I suppose that I will jump on the IU bandwagon as the buzz in the city rises.
    We're happy to have you.

Cody is supposed to be the best Zeller brother like I said in the other thread. He's not like Hansbrough though, other than they both can hit the mid range jumper. If Zeller has that sort of immediate impact we will be sitting very pretty, but I expect him to have some growing pains, and in all honesty I expect him to be a 10-5 player his first season. He's not going to be a world beater, but we really don't need him to be next year. Watford, Creek, Verdell, Elston, Oladipo, etc. should give us plenty of scoring and rebounding next year. If Zeller just gives us a guy who we can dump the ball into 5 or 6 times and get a bucket that would be great.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods