Results 1 to 25 of 29

Thread: Kanter Ruled Ineligible For 10-11 Season

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    In a Gym
    Age
    21
    Posts
    16,856
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Kanter Ruled Ineligible For 10-11 Season

    Nov 11, 2010 8:56 PM EST
    Kentucky freshman center Enes Kanter has bene ruled permanently ineligible to play for the Wildcats by the NCAA.

    The NCAA ruled Kanter received over $33,000 above his necessary expenses for the 2008-09 season.

    "Enes took advantage of an opportunity to play at the highest level available to him, but the consequences of receiving payments above his actual expenses is not compatible with the collegiate model of sports that our members have developed," said Kevin Lennon, NCAA vice president of academic and membership affairs.

    Kentucky will appear the decision.

    Kanter is expected to be a top-eight lottery pick in the 2011 NBA Draft.

    Via ESPN
    NCAA Basketball

    Read the Full Story Discuss Send Feedback



    Read more: http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archiv...#ixzz1526Da8WB

    coach Cal cheating again "NO way"

  2. #2
    Get well PG! DGPR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Whiteland, IN
    Age
    28
    Posts
    2,034

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Kanter Ruled Ineligible For 10-11 Season

    Just go to Europe if you want to be paid to play, it worked out pretty well for Brandon Jennings.
    "I've got an idea--an idea so smart that my head would explode if I even began to know what I'm talking about." - Peter Griffin

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    In a Gym
    Age
    21
    Posts
    16,856
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Kanter Ruled Ineligible For 10-11 Season

    Quote Originally Posted by DGPR View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Just go to Europe if you want to be paid to play, it worked out pretty well for Brandon Jennings.
    he is from turkey he already played in europe

  4. #4
    The New Gold Swagger travmil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    New Pal
    Posts
    7,221
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Kanter Ruled Ineligible For 10-11 Season

    Quote Originally Posted by DGPR View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Just go to Europe if you want to be paid to play, it worked out pretty well for Brandon Jennings.
    Well he could do that, or he could just go to Kentucky if he wants to be paid to play.

  5. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to travmil For This Useful Post:


  6. #5
    Droppin' knowledge, yo. Mackey_Rose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    The Dragon's Lair
    Posts
    4,091

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Kanter Ruled Ineligible For 10-11 Season

    Quote Originally Posted by travmil View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well he could do that, or he could just go to Kentucky if he wants to be paid to play.
    Or any school in the NCAA. It isn't just Kentucky, it's pretty much everybody.

  7. #6
    The New Gold Swagger travmil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    New Pal
    Posts
    7,221
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Kanter Ruled Ineligible For 10-11 Season

    Quote Originally Posted by Mackey_Rose View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Or any school in the NCAA. It isn't just Kentucky, it's pretty much everybody.
    Maybe in the power conferences. I don't think the teams in the Sun Belt or the Missouri Valley are paying anyone.

  8. #7
    Droppin' knowledge, yo. Mackey_Rose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    The Dragon's Lair
    Posts
    4,091

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Kanter Ruled Ineligible For 10-11 Season

    Quote Originally Posted by travmil View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Maybe in the power conferences. I don't think the teams in the Sun Belt or the Missouri Valley are paying anyone.
    You are correct. I should have been more specific.

    In the BCS conferences, it's extremely prevalent.

  9. #8

    Default Re: Kanter Ruled Ineligible For 10-11 Season

    Quote Originally Posted by Mackey_Rose View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Or any school in the NCAA. It isn't just Kentucky, it's pretty much everybody.
    No, its not.

  10. #9
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    29
    Posts
    17,125

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Kanter Ruled Ineligible For 10-11 Season

    Cody Zeller Day has been an utter triumph for the Hoosiers and our dormant fanbase. I will recognize this as a Hoosier Holiday for years to come.

    PS: UK had this coming. You pay all your players, one of them is bound to get caught.

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:


  12. #10
    crazy shinaniganz BringJackBack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    7,351

    Default Re: Kanter Ruled Ineligible For 10-11 Season

    Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Cody Zeller Day has been an utter triumph for the Hoosiers and our dormant fanbase. I will recognize this as a Hoosier Holiday for years to come.

    PS: UK had this coming. You pay all your players, one of them is bound to get caught.
    How good do you think Cody is going to be? Hansbrough or Laettner-esque?

    If so, as I am just a casual college basketball fan, than I am pumped and I need to get a more vested interest (in other words, bandwagon) in IU's basketball program.

  13. #11
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    29
    Posts
    17,125

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Kanter Ruled Ineligible For 10-11 Season

    Quote Originally Posted by BringJackBack View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    How good do you think Cody is going to be? Hansbrough or Laettner-esque?

    If so, as I am just a casual college basketball fan, than I am pumped and I need to get a more vested interest (in other words, bandwagon) in IU's basketball program.
    No way, those guys were all-time college greats. Cody will be good, but I think his recruitment was more symbolic than anything. Closing the borders, keeping the best in state kids in the state, and he might create a domino effect with other top guys that want to play with him. As for his on the court impact...who knows? I really haven't seen him play besides highlight tapes, but I've read good things, obviously. I think we can expect a four year starter who rebounds extremely well and gives us a dimension we don't have in the post. Wouldn't surprise me to see him average a double double at some point in his career here.

  14. #12
    crazy shinaniganz BringJackBack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    7,351

    Default Re: Kanter Ruled Ineligible For 10-11 Season

    Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No way, those guys were all-time college greats. Cody will be good, but I think his recruitment was more symbolic than anything. Closing the borders, keeping the best in state kids in the state, and he might create a domino effect with other top guys that want to play with him. As for his on the court impact...who knows? I really haven't seen him play besides highlight tapes, but I've read good things, obviously. I think we can expect a four year starter who rebounds extremely well and gives us a dimension we don't have in the post. Wouldn't surprise me to see him average a double double at some point in his career here.
    Oh, ok I was going to say lmao. When I thought of a holiday regarding a basketball player I initially thought based on skill so my heart kind of skipped a beat when you say that.

    Well, I am a casual fan of college basketball as I pick a handful of college players that I think that the Pacers would go after. But I suppose that I will jump on the IU bandwagon as the buzz in the city rises.

  15. #13
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    29
    Posts
    17,125

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Kanter Ruled Ineligible For 10-11 Season

    Quote Originally Posted by BringJackBack View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Oh, ok I was going to say lmao. When I thought of a holiday regarding a basketball player I initially thought based on skill so my heart kind of skipped a beat when you say that.

    Well, I am a casual fan of college basketball as I pick a handful of college players that I think that the Pacers would go after. But I suppose that I will jump on the IU bandwagon as the buzz in the city rises.
    We're happy to have you.

  16. #14
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    30,874

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Kanter Ruled Ineligible For 10-11 Season

    He didn't get caught for being paid by UK, although he probably got a raise when he went to play there.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:


  18. #15
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    29
    Posts
    17,125

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Kanter Ruled Ineligible For 10-11 Season

    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He didn't get caught for being paid by UK, although he probably got a raise when he went to play there.
    Don't cloud the discussion with facts!!

  19. #16
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    29
    Posts
    17,125

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Kanter Ruled Ineligible For 10-11 Season

    Programs I'm 90% sure run shady operations: Kentucky (any Calipari program is slime), Memphis (Pastner learned all Cal's tricks), Baylor, Kansas, Ohio State, UConn

    Programs I'm very skeptical of: Louisville, Arkansas, Texas, Washington, Mississippi State, Kansas State

    I actually don't think it is that widespread in basketball, at least not compared to the shady games going on in football. I think the entire Big Ten is clean, save for Ohio State. The Big 12 has some questionable teams in there, and I wouldn't be a bit surprised if any SEC schools were up to some sort of shenanigans.

  20. #17
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    30,874

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Kanter Ruled Ineligible For 10-11 Season

    I think it's unfair to throw Mike Davis in with Sampson. I don't think he ran a corrupt program, a struggling one? Sure, but I don't think he was corrupt.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  21. The Following User Says Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:


  22. #18
    Droppin' knowledge, yo. Mackey_Rose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    The Dragon's Lair
    Posts
    4,091

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Kanter Ruled Ineligible For 10-11 Season

    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think it's unfair to throw Mike Davis in with Sampson. I don't think he ran a corrupt program, a struggling one? Sure, but I don't think he was corrupt.
    His problem was very similar to Sampson's in that he did not hold his players accountable for their actions away from the court. Obviously Sampson took it to another level all together, and did it so terribly that it probably is unfair to put them in the same sentence.

  23. #19
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    29
    Posts
    17,125

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Kanter Ruled Ineligible For 10-11 Season

    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think it's unfair to throw Mike Davis in with Sampson. I don't think he ran a corrupt program, a struggling one? Sure, but I don't think he was corrupt.
    No, he ran a corrupt program, believe me.

  24. The Following User Says Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:


  25. #20
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    30,874

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Kanter Ruled Ineligible For 10-11 Season

    Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No, he ran a corrupt program, believe me.
    I'm going to go ahead and point out that there's absolutely no proof to this IMO.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  26. The Following User Says Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:


  27. #21
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    29
    Posts
    17,125

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Kanter Ruled Ineligible For 10-11 Season

    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm going to go ahead and point out that there's absolutely no proof to this IMO.
    No proof, but one of my good friends was a manager on the team and said those players did whatever the hell they wanted, and a few of them were receiving lots of improper benefits. And he was a huge Davis supporter.

  28. #22
    Can see thru wooden doors dal9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    2,909

    Default Re: Kanter Ruled Ineligible For 10-11 Season

    ^ I was there during the Davis final run, hung with a few players, and if they were getting anything, it was not big $...

  29. #23
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    In a Gym
    Age
    21
    Posts
    16,856
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Kanter Ruled Ineligible For 10-11 Season

    Quote Originally Posted by dal9 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    ^ I was there during the Davis final run, hung with a few players, and if they were getting anything, it was not big $...
    were they starters or bench players ??

  30. #24
    Can see thru wooden doors dal9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    2,909

    Default Re: Kanter Ruled Ineligible For 10-11 Season

    ^ haha it wasn't the walkons or anything...

    leach and newton, who were at least rotation players, if they didnt start


    ...
    but speaking of ineligible, what do yall think is gonna happen with cam newton at auburn?
    Last edited by dal9; 11-13-2010 at 01:39 PM.

  31. #25
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    30,874

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Kanter Ruled Ineligible For 10-11 Season

    Cody is supposed to be the best Zeller brother like I said in the other thread. He's not like Hansbrough though, other than they both can hit the mid range jumper. If Zeller has that sort of immediate impact we will be sitting very pretty, but I expect him to have some growing pains, and in all honesty I expect him to be a 10-5 player his first season. He's not going to be a world beater, but we really don't need him to be next year. Watford, Creek, Verdell, Elston, Oladipo, etc. should give us plenty of scoring and rebounding next year. If Zeller just gives us a guy who we can dump the ball into 5 or 6 times and get a bucket that would be great.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

Similar Threads

  1. 1200 could lose Saints season tickets
    By Basketball Fan in forum Indianapolis Colts
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-10-2010, 04:06 AM
  2. Bball's End of Season Post Mortem
    By Bball in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 04-21-2009, 12:27 PM
  3. Odd thoughts to wrap up the season
    By Peck in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 04-16-2009, 10:32 PM
  4. Manning: MVP!
    By duke dynamite in forum Indianapolis Colts
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 01-07-2009, 02:36 AM
  5. A fan recaps the season from section 221
    By travmil in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-21-2005, 10:58 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •