Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Brunner: Pacers deeper than Pistons

Default Re: Brunner: Pacers deeper than Pistons

Quote Originally Posted by Kegboy
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Quote Originally Posted by Kstat
    I'm not saying Delfino will be a star, but will he be more than capable of spelling Prince. I think he's as NBA-ready as any rookie this season. Much like Manu, I think he will make his mark as a rookie, but as a 7th man.
    Yeah, I see what your saying, but I saw alot more from Manu in the WC's before his rookie year, than I've seen from Delfino in these Olympics so far. I'm afraid you're setting yourself up for disappointment if you expect too much from him too early.
    That's true. I don't expect Delfino to play as well as Ginobili did his rookie season. Ginobili was 25 when he entered the league, but Delfino will only be 22.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by PacerMan
    Quote Originally Posted by PacerFanAdam
    I will consider the Pistons a deeper, better team than us until we beat them in a playoff series.
    I won't until they beat us with a healthy Jermaine and Tinsley AND Freddie.
    I wont consider any team in the same LEAGUE with us unless they beat us with a healthy Rasheed Wallace....

Yeah, two can play the excuses game....
    [edit=64=1093414519][/edit]

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

I've followed the reports on Delfino (never seen a game he has played) but the thing I like most about him is that he is the exact opposite of Prince. Prince's worst quality is his timidness in the offense. One thing that is unquestioned (by all accounts so far anyway) is that Delfino is bold in attacking the other team's basket. This is much needed for those long scoreless spells the Pistons fell into and were often criticized for last year (and ESPECIALLY the year before that). If Delfino is a compitant scorer with that aggressiveness I will be happy.
    [edit=390=1093438886][/edit]

Brunner's been nipping at the bottle.

Miami's woefully thin which is why they won't do anything in the playoffs this year without a major trade - or a surprise break-out season from one or more of the youngsters.

Indy and Detroit are both plenty deep and they each have players they can't afford to lose. Indy can less afford to lose JO than in the past because Harrington's gone.

The biggest key to the EC (other than injuries which nobody can predict) is Rasheed's brain. He sure was a good soldier for half a season - we'll see if it lasts.
    The poster formerly known as Rimfire

Quote Originally Posted by DisplacedKnick
    The biggest key to the EC (other than injuries which nobody can predict) is Rasheed's brain. He sure was a good soldier for half a season - we'll see if it lasts.
    I think Artest's brain is just as important - it certainly played a big role last time.

Artest didn't hurt you - not that much.

Game 5 hurt you - and that was a total team effort - or non-effort.

If it wasn't for that game I could look at that series and talk about Artest's dumbassedness, Tinsley's or JO's injuries and play the "what-if" game.

But teams that tank a game 5 when you have a chance to establish control of the ECF don't get that kind of consideration from me.
    The poster formerly known as Rimfire

Given Kstat's rant at Delfino on the other board, I thought this was worth a .

Given the amount of slavering Kstat did in this thread and this one, I was expecting Dupree to have a bigger game.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem

Given the amount of slavering Kstat did in this thread and this one, I was expecting Dupree to have a bigger game.
    I love delfino. He's awesome in the open floor. Gar just has no freakign clue where or how to use him.

Playing him against STEPHEN JACKSON was beyond idiotic. Billups would have been a better choice.

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Just for fun, every time you're discussing the Pistons' bench, you need to say Carlos Delfino in the Stephen A. Smith voice he uses for "Rasho Nesterovic" and "Slava Medvedenko". Makes it much more interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Kstat
    Playing him against STEPHEN JACKSON was beyond idiotic. Billups would have been a better choice.
    Help me here. You raved about his defense at the 2 and the 3. Why is it "beyond idiotic" to play him against our starting 2/3?

I'd love to allow you to blame world hunger on your assistant coach, but I'm not sure it's going to fly.

Help me here. You raved about his defense at the 2 and the 3. Why is it "beyond idiotic" to play him against our starting 2/3?

I'd love to allow you to blame world hunger on your assistant coach, but I'm not sure it's going to fly.
    God, I WISH he was the assistant coach.

I rave about delfino's scoring punch. If I ever called him a great man-to-man defender, point it out, and i'll admit I was wrong. Carlos loves to play passing lanes, but he isnt a lockdown defender by any means.

Oh, and I guess the "S.S. Shaq" has somehow just managed to keep that thin team afloat. Wouldn't you love to be a fly on the wall in Jerry Buss' office when the Heat win the championship after the Lakers fail to even qualify for the playoffs? Whew.