Page 1 of 56 123451151 ... LastLast

Thread: Area 55 season thread for 2010-11

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Area 55 season thread for 2010-11

everything Area 55
    Last edited by pacer4ever; 11-10-2010 at 03:41 PM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to pacer4ever For This Useful Post:

Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Area 55 2010-11 season thread

Suggestion: Any time the ball is in play but there's no organized chant there should be just a standard noise for everyone to make.

"AHHHHHH" or "OHHHHHH" or something like that doesn't take a lot of voice if everyone is doing it, but it can make a huge difference in the ambiance.
    BillS

"Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by BillS View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Suggestion: Any time the ball is in play but there's no organized chant there should be just a standard noise for everyone to make.

"AHHHHHH" or "OHHHHHH" or something like that doesn't take a lot of voice if everyone is doing it, but it can make a huge difference in the ambiance.
    But the thing is Roy told us to do the OHHHHH chant when the opposing center has the ball only. And when the opposing center passes the ball be quiet. He also told us to be quiet when he has the ball.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to pacer4ever For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    But the thing is Roy told us to do the OHHHHH chant when the opposing center has the ball only. And when the opposing center passes the ball be quiet. He also told us to be quiet when he has the ball.
    True. Words of Roy at the autograph session. He thought the "ahhing" when the opposing guy had the ball would screw up the opposing center's concentration and play a little mind game on him.

We could try the constant hum thing and see how it goes when Roy isn't in the game.
    Last edited by IndyHoya; 11-10-2010 at 03:54 PM.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to IndyHoya For This Useful Post:

Default Re: Area 55 season thread for 2010-11

Not a fan of having one thread for a whole season.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I guess I was hoping Area 55 would try to help everyone on the Pacers, when so far it seems very Roy focused. I know he bought the tickets and all, but Squad 6 doesn't only do things for Bogut.

I know you guys have caught a lot of flack so far, and you're all still trying to get on the same page, so I'm really not trying to criticize and feel free to completely ignore this, but I think it would be helpful to make noise all the time.

And research Section 8 of the Chicago Fire, they are the best pro fan section in America.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    I guess I was hoping Area 55 would try to help everyone on the Pacers, when so far it seems very Roy focused. I know he bought the tickets and all, but Squad 6 doesn't only do things for Bogut.

I know you guys have caught a lot of flack so far, and you're all still trying to get on the same page, so I'm really not trying to criticize and feel free to completely ignore this, but I think it would be helpful to make noise all the time.

And research Section 8 of the Chicago Fire, they are the best pro fan section in America.
    we do DC2 chant we do m i k e chant we do 2much4u chant we do a chant for almost every player buddy.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by I Love P View Post
    Not a fan of having one thread for a whole season.
    greenway84 wanted it and a lot of others too. easier to find now that it has been stickyed

we do DC2 chant we do m i k e chant we do 2much4u chant we do a chant for almost every player buddy.
    Well then I guess I can't hear them then?

Like I said I know you guys are getting it from just about every angle right now, and you can get better. I'm not trying to be an a**hole here.

I'm telling you SECTION 8 is the group to emulate. They are awesome. Look up their youtube videos. I've talked with ElPacero about this. They are incredible.

I know soccer fans get away with more, and are generally more passionate as a whole, but there are a lot of chants and things like that to take away.

One of my favorite ones they do is just "We love our Fire!" in kind of a sing-songy way. I think "We love our Pacers!" could be just as good, plus they do a chant where they go "Chi (Chee)-ca-go" and they keep chanting that, it sounds great, and I think you could do something similar with IN-DI-ANA
    Last edited by Trader Joe; 11-10-2010 at 04:49 PM.

Mood

Like I said I know you guys are getting it from just about every angle right now, and you can get better. I'm not trying to be an a**hole here.

I'm telling you SECTION 8 is the group to emulate. They are awesome. Look up their youtube videos. I've talked with ElPacero about this. They are incredible.
    Why is everyone saying yell the whole game. You should of heard el pacero's vocie last night it was shot. You try yelling the whole game it isnt that easy. We need to make improvements. but yelling the whole game isnt the best option.

I didn't say to "yell" the whole game. I just made suggestions of two chants/songs to do while there is silence that needs to be filled, that isn't specifically yelling.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar

Why is everyone saying yell the whole game. You should of heard el pacero's vocie last night it was shot. You try yelling the whole game it isnt that easy. We need to make improvements. but yelling the whole game isnt the best option.
    If everybody is making the same noise at the same time no single person needs to abuse their voice.

I'm a musician. I've sung in bars, I've done 12 hour gigs on St. Patrick's Day. I have experience. The voice is like any other part of your body, use it right and you'll be fine.

The best advice I can give, and give it over and over, is that you can never drink too much water before and during heavy vocal activity.
    BillS

"Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

17. The Following User Says Thank You to BillS For This Useful Post:

Mood

I didn't say to "yell" the whole game. I just made suggestions of two chants/songs to do while there is silence that needs to be filled, that isn't specifically yelling.
    we were really good the 1st qt. then we kind of fell apart in the 2nd.

That's why I think adding stuff into fill the dead time, and stay interested is key.

Also in Section 8, they have two guys (they usually swap with two new guys at half time) who have their backs to the game, stand on a platform in front of the section, and lead the chants. These guys are freakin' intense I have seen them in person. They are chugging water during breaks and never stop. I really can't even stress how awesome Section 8 is in person, they never quit, and they do a good mix of simple and complex chants that break the monotony of Saying something clap, clap, clap Saying Something again clap, clap, clap.

Different cadences are important too.

Mood

Red face Re: Area 55 season thread for 2010-11

I know soccer fans get away with more, and are generally more passionate as a whole, but there are a lot of chants and things like that to take away.

One of my favorite ones they do is just "We love our Fire!" in kind of a sing-songy way. I think "We love our Pacers!" could be just as good, plus they do a chant where they go "Chi (Chee)-ca-go" and they keep chanting that, it sounds great, and I think you could do something similar with IN-DI-ANA

They have a have a lot more people than us. They dont sound that lound but maybe im wrong. But they are more on the same page and in unsion than us thats for sure.

They probably have about 200 people, but its also an outdoor stadium. They are very loud. I've seen them in person.

How about when Josh does a slam you get up and chant (clap x5) Josh McRoberts! etc.

That's what a lot of people used to do for him when he didn't play, but when I was at the game against Houston last year when he scored a career high, I saw Duke and Gnome chanting it.

I was chanting it at Charlotte this season whenever he had a dunk.

I like the ideas so far.

Do you guys have a chant for Danny?

Quote Originally Posted by Trophy View Post
    How about when Josh does a slam you get up and chant (clap x5) Josh McRoberts! etc.

That's what a lot of people used to do for him when he didn't play, but when I was at the game against Houston last year when he scored a career high, I saw Duke and Gnome chanting it.

I like the ideas so far.

We actually do chant Josh Mc-Ro-berts whenever Josh does something good. Danny's been problematic. We were doing Dan-nee, Dan-nee at the Denver game. We really need something better but he doesn't seem to have a nickname or anything we can latch onto. We're always open to suggestions.
    Last edited by IndyHoya; 11-10-2010 at 05:56 PM.

The best advice I can give, and give it over and over, is that you can never drink too much water before and during heavy vocal activity.
    That's pretty good advice. I googled "hoarseness cures" after our 1st preseason game and that seemed the most advised practical remedy. Hoarseness really is a problem for us right now. Although, for me, it's getting better. I've never been as hoarse as I was after that 1st game. I had a squeaky voice afterwards for about 3 days.
    Last edited by IndyHoya; 11-10-2010 at 05:55 PM.

Maybe you guys could do the Batman TV Theme song for him.

I like the ideas so far.

You were at the Charlotte game this year? Me too. Once I get them from my friend, I plan on posting some pics from the action (although its in the past). Didn't think anyone else from PD would be there.

Quote Originally Posted by indianapolismarkus View Post
    One of the saddest Area 55 moments came in the second quarter of the Denver game. Not because of how our team was playing and not because of opposing fans but because of "row 5" in section 101.

The first three rows in section 101 are separated by a glass barrier. The forth row is where Area 55 should start but doesn't because of PS&E decision to sell the tickets to anyone who's willing to pay less than half price for their tickets. These people are the false face of Area 55 and give us diehard's a bad name. Especially when they don't wear Pacer gear.

At the beginning of the Nugget game our chant leaders moved down to row 5 with other diehards. The row was empty so it only made sense. The rest of us filled in the rows behind them. It was a school night so many 55ers couldn't make the game so we tried to do the best we could with the small crowd we had.

We started the game strong. We had a good dynamic of chant leaders in the front and loud followers behind them. Then to everyone's surprise in the middle of the second quarter six belligerent guys come and insist that our chant leaders in the front row move out of their way. We tried to talk nice to them but they were trying to pick fights with our guys so they moved up. That changed everything.

In the second half all the diehard's moved to the top of Area 55 and were again a cohesive unit. The sad thing is when the Pacers were going on their epic third quarter run by making 20 field goals in a row. Those same six guys left! I couldn't believe it. They insist on sitting in front of us and when we move they get disinterested and leave.

I can't wait to see what changes PS&E make. I say they need to move those six belligerent guys. In this case less is more.

Area 55 where six belligerent guys can screw up the fun for the whole group. Go Pacers!
    Agreed. I couldn't believe those guys left halfway through the game (after showing up late in the first place) after pulling that crap. They have every right to sit in whatever seats they paid for, but obviously PS&E needs to make a change so that they aren't literally the front row and like Markus said, the face of Area 55.

That really took the wind out of us for about half of a quarter. Luckily, we regrouped outside during halftime and brought it the rest of the game.

28. The Following User Says Thank You to redfoster For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Deadshot View Post
    You were at the Charlotte game this year? Me too. Once I get them from my friend, I plan on posting some pics from the action (although its in the past). Didn't think anyone else from PD would be there.
    I didn't see too many Pacer fans at the game, but there were actually quite a lot of PD members there.

I didn't know there's a lot of Carolinians on PD.

I had a good time. I made some enemies. Actually I was the enemy, I didn't care too much to go back at their pathetic team.

Quote Originally Posted by IndyHoya View Post
    We actually do chant Josh Mc-Ro-berts whenever Josh does something good. Danny's been problematic. We were doing Dan-nee, Dan-nee at the Denver game. We really need something better but he doesn't seem to have a nickname or anything we can latch onto. We're always open to suggestions.
    DG33! DG33!

An idea for a fathead is to make one of Danny with a Batman mask on.

He's gonna need a Robin. I think eventually, it'll be Paul George.

31. The Following User Says Thank You to Trophy For This Useful Post:

I didn't see too many Pacer fans at the game, but there were actually quite a lot of PD members there.

I didn't know there's a lot of Carolinians on PD.

I had a good time. I made some enemies. Actually I was the enemy, I didn't care too much to go back at their pathetic team.
    Right now I still live in Florida but I will be moving to Charlotte after Christmas. I only saw two other Pacers fans near me - one a section below in a Smits jersey and one about 5 rows above me in a Reggie jersey and Pacers Christmas hat. I usually see the Pacers in Orlando at least once a year so I've been used to "being the enemy" at other stadiums for awhile now. It can be a lot of fun if both sides take it in jest.