Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New Mike Well tweet...

Default New Mike Well tweet...

MikeWellsNBA O'Brien thinking about moving Dunleavy to the bench and starting Rush, who will return from his 5-gm suspension vs. Denver on Tuesday

Discuss

Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Peck For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: New Mike Well tweet...

Good move as long as George still gets 20 MPG.

If Brandon flounders, then Dahntay needs to play. He is a much better player than Jim is utilizing him as.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Shade For This Useful Post:

Banned

This means that Brush is going to be on the bench for a long time.

International Counter bellisimo's Avatar

JOB does opposite of what he says. Brandon not coming out to play for atleast another 5 games then.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

its the right move for this team if not for this reason alone, we need to know if rush is capable of becoming this teams starting SG for the next 2-3 seasons, if not its time to cut ties and move on. rush must play b/c if im not mistaken his contract runs out after next season, and were not going to wait until next year to make a determination.

i like D Jones but right now we need to know what rush is all about.

Custom User Titleist
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

At least O'Brien is not psy...psychic. Yes, not psychic. Yeah, that's it, that's the ticket!!!! That is exactly what I was about to type.

So, which do we actually trust? Rush is 4th in the rotation, or Rush is the starter?

Most likely, Rush will resume as starter, just as he did at the end of preseason, and Dunleavy will back him up, and George will likely be seen during the last 6 minutes of blowout losses, of which there should be plenty.

The question should actually be how much Danny plays in the near future, but I know that he will be played regardless of performance.

Something is very wrong with Danny. He has to have something bothering him in his personal life, or he has to be disgusted by what is happening with the Pacers at this point, or, perhaps he simply cannot handle the pressure of being the focal point of the franchise. I feel bad for Danny, because I feel like his heart is in the right place and that he is trying to do everything that he has to do while trying to make up for what everybody else is not doing, including O'Brien.

This could be a verrrrrrrrrrry long season. It already seems like this is December after only 5 games.

crazy shinaniganz BringJackBack's Avatar

Who called it?

Earlier this week, Jim said that Rush would have to work his way back. Now starting?

I'm not going to be critical though. I like this move as long as Paul George still gets his 18-22 minutes and Mike still plays some.

The only problem will be that Darren Collison still won't have anyone to run the break with that will fill the lanes. Dunleavy, Rush, nor Granger does that. The only players that I can think of that really do this are George, Josh, Tyler, and Dahntay. This isn't as big as a problem as our defense, which obviously gets addresed if we were to start Rush.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

I would love for Rush to start and George be the first wing off the bench. And it might happen that way, but that means that Dunleavy will probably be the new Powerless Forward or first unbig big off the bench.

Thats just my take.....
    I'm not perfect and neither are you.

Romans 3:23 For all have sinned,and come short of the glory of God. kjv
    Ephisians 4: 32 And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you. kjv

12. The Following User Says Thank You to sportfireman For This Useful Post:

Now we will see which word O'Brien keeps and which one he doesn't. I hope it is the latest word and not the prior.

George's playing time has dropped steadily since opening night, from 23, 21, 20, 15, and last night's 14 minutes, even though he was scoring and shooting better than anyone. If Rush comes in and starts I would be happy with that, I just hope George gets more minutes and Doneleavy's are the ones dropping. Since joining us in 06-07 his numbers and shooting % have dropped steadily just about every year, I think his minutes should drop not Paul's. Mike is so boring and predictable, he brings nothing but a minus to the table.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Hibbert For This Useful Post:

The Jim O'Brien translator.

Yes means no.

He'll start means he won't play.

I want Brandon to start though and Paul is the first wing off the bench to backup Brandon.

Give those 2 a fair share of minutes at SG and we'll see what both can do for us.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Trophy For This Useful Post:

Wells also tweeted that Jim is looking at playing all four, so a 4-man wing rotation (on the heels of saying he uses/wants a 3-man rotation) is what to (allegedly) look for.

Furthermore, he also mentioned Jim wanting to decrease Danny's minutes by about 10 per game (!) My guess is Paul George gets those minutes to stay in the rotation. Paul averages 18.6mpg right now, and Rush will certainly play that much, I'd guess, so long as Brandon is in the rotation.

Mike's averaging 35mpg right now. I'd like to see Paul get about 8 of those.

19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Furthermore, he also mentioned Jim wanting to decrease Danny's minutes by about 10 per game (!)
    So much drama. Why would any coach reduce his best player's minutes?...yet at the same time give Posey nearly 30 minutes? Is Posey going to get more minutes than Danny Granger now?

Why can't Pacer basketball make logical sense?

Seriously, I am sick of the drama. I thought we might be past that after purging our roster that nearly killed the franchise.

Where is AJ Price?

21. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to BlueNGold For This Useful Post:

Flipped Off The Refs Larry Staverman's Avatar
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post
    Why can't Pacer basketball make logical sense?
    2 words - Jim O'Brien

23. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Larry Staverman For This Useful Post:

Ugh!

Why in the world would he do that?

He really has no clue what he's doing.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Trophy For This Useful Post:

Yeah, I'm a Pacers fan. MyFavMartin's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Love it.

Quote Originally Posted by PacersPride View Post
    its the right move for this team if not for this reason alone, we need to know if rush is capable of becoming this teams starting SG for the next 2-3 seasons, if not its time to cut ties and move on. rush must play b/c if im not mistaken his contract runs out after next season, and were not going to wait until next year to make a determination.

i like D Jones but right now we need to know what rush is all about.
    So if he's not a starter, he's not worth retaining at all? Granted, he may not be what everyone hoped he'd be, but he is still a valuable player who can shoot the 3 and defend. I'd keep him if at all possible. He'd be a good 6th man if not a starter.

first of all. we are getting this info second hand and even at that wells is only saying jim is thinking about it. well im sure hes thinking about a lot of things. and yet many of u will get offended if jim doesnt start rush and u will suggest that jim said he was going to start rush. when jim never said that

It's early in the season with a young team and 3 new players in the rotation. We've had two sub par performances. I'd be more worried if O'Brien wasn't considering adjustments. I don't see how these tweets are some indictment of O'Brien.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Chillout View Post
    It's early in the season with a young team and 3 new players in the rotation. We've had two sub par performances. I'd be more worried if O'Brien wasn't considering adjustments. I don't see how these tweets are some indictment of O'Brien.
    Chillout is a good handle for you....but sometimes it's not time to chill-out.

When the coach wants to limit the minutes of the team's best player, you have to start asking questions that get answered.

Chillout is a good handle for you....but sometimes it's not time to chill-out.

When the coach wants to limit the minutes of the team's best player, you have to start asking questions that get answered.
    I dunno. Maybe less is more and he's more effective in a few less minutes. It probably doesn't make a huge difference either way, but if he's a better Danny because he's fresher, especially as the season wears on, it's a smart move.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by sportfireman View Post
    I would love for Rush to start and George be the first wing off the bench. And it might happen that way, but that means that Dunleavy will probably be the new Powerless Forward or first unbig big off the bench.

Thats just my take.....
    better than posey

33. The Following User Says Thank You to pacer4ever For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Chillout View Post
    I dunno. Maybe less is more and he's more effective in a few less minutes. It probably doesn't make a huge difference either way, but if he's a better Danny because he's fresher, especially as the season wears on, it's a smart move.
    Granger did state that Iggy was more capable of playing full court pressure defense for an entire game...and that Danny could do it, but not for as long. Maybe that translated to..."well, if he thinks that, perhaps we need to cut his minutes." Personally, that would make sense to me. However, if you are going to cut anyone's minutes to bring better defense, it's time to cut Dun's minutes.

me. However, if you are going to cut anyone's minutes to bring better defense, it's time to cut Dun's minutes.
    If you want to cut someone's minutes to bring better defense then we need to cut O'Brien's minutes by 48mins per game...
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden

36. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Bball For This Useful Post: