View Poll Results: As of 11/06/10, with regards to Mike Dunleavy's game:

Voters
93. You may not vote on this poll
  • I like him, and I think he should be starting.

6 6.45%
  • I like him, and I think he should be the backup.

38 40.86%
  • I like him, and I think he should be the 3rd string.

11 11.83%
  • I don't like him, but I think he should be starting.

1 1.08%
  • I don't like him, and/but I think he should be the backup.

11 11.83%
  • I don't like him, and I think he should be the 3rd string.

26 27.96%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pacer Fan Pulse: Mike Dunleavy - 11/06/10

Default Pacer Fan Pulse: Mike Dunleavy - 11/06/10

A simple poll to try to take the pulse of the fan base as of today (11/06/10) on Mike Dunleavy's game.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Pacer Fan Pulse: Mike Dunleavy - 11/06/10

The only place the Black Hole of Dunleavy belongs is on the bench.

where's the option for "I don't like him and I wish he would retire right now and return any money the Pacers have given him and forfeit the remaining terms of the contract"

Let PG Fly Again Soon! ECKrueger's Avatar

Pretty much feel the same about Dun as I do TJ. Nice, likable guy for the most part from what I can tell, and he can definitely help the team. Although this year that has been debatable. That said I would rather see George or Rush, even DJ get time.

I could live with Dahntay getting Dunleavy minutes....

He may not be able to hit the broadside of a barn either, but his defense is better!

Ouch.... difficult voting selections.

I do think Dunleavy should be starting because we do not have any better all around player to man the position at this time.

I do not "like" Dunleavy, but I also do not "dislike" Dunleavy. So, with the benefit of the doubt and having to choose one or the other, recognizing that I had an opportunity of being unique and/or crash and burning, I selected "like".

Quote Originally Posted by beast23 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Ouch.... difficult voting selections.

I do think Dunleavy should be starting because we do not have any better all around player to man the position at this time.

I do not "like" Dunleavy, but I also do not "dislike" Dunleavy. So, with the benefit of the doubt and having to choose one or the other, recognizing that I had an opportunity of being unique and/or crash and burning, I selected "like".
    I don't dislike Dunleavy either, but I chose the option I did because I think Dunleavy should start (even with Rush back), but I don't like the fact that we have a team where I think Dunleavy should start.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to count55 For This Useful Post:

This proves my point. Why don't you like the guy? What has he done here to make the guy a dislikable player. He gives back to the Indiana community, he hasn't demanded anything to change, he stays out of trouble. It seems to me that out of everyone on this team when he goes into a shooting slump and because he is a below average defender...everyone here makes him a bad person. I bet if you polled everyone on this board who they would rather have......Mike or Ron Artest...Ron would get the majority of the votes.
    JOB is a silly man

10. The Following User Says Thank You to jhondog28 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by count55 View Post
    I don't dislike Dunleavy either, but I chose the option I did because I think Dunleavy should start (even with Rush back), but I don't like the fact that we have a team where I think Dunleavy should start.
    I get it, I respect it and I 110% agree with it.

Droppin' knowledge, yo. Mackey_Rose's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by jhondog28 View Post
    This proves my point. Why don't you like the guy? What has he done here to make the guy a dislikable player. He gives back to the Indiana community, he hasn't demanded anything to change, he stays out of trouble. It seems to me that out of everyone on this team when he goes into a shooting slump and because he is a below average defender...everyone here makes him a bad person. I bet if you polled everyone on this board who they would rather have......Mike or Ron Artest...Ron would get the majority of the votes.
    Ron is the far superior player, so yes in a heartbeat. It isn't personal. I took it as meaning, I don't like him as a basketball player, which if anything is a severe understatement.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mackey_Rose For This Useful Post:

Play McRoberts and Price! BRushWithDeath's Avatar

The dislike isn't for Mike as a person. It is for Mike as a player.
    "I had to take her down like Chris Brown."

-Lance Stephenson

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BRushWithDeath For This Useful Post:

Pacers 4 Life.31 and only Pacers4Life's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

He's just far too intelligent to not start for us. He understands how to keep the offense flowing. Have you ever watched Paul (or Danny) try and throw a pass into Roy? Sometimes its so god awful I can't believe it actuallly got through. I have full confidence in Mike that he will make the play that is best at the time... And as for his shooting right now... Its unbearable. But its just a slump. Have faith

Reggie Miller is a God. Period.

Passion. Pride. Pacers.

It's ALWAYS Miller Time.
    #31 & Only

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pacers4Life For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BRushWithDeath View Post
    The dislike isn't for Mike as a person. It is for Mike as a player.
    Oh got it. That makes more sense. Doesn't sway me but makes sense.
    JOB is a silly man

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by jhondog28 View Post
    All Mike needs to do to be liked more is beat up his girl friend or wife and get caught 3 times smoking weed. Problem solved.

Quote Originally Posted by WhackoJacko View Post
    All Mike needs to do to be liked more is beat up his girl friend or wife and get caught 3 times smoking weed. Problem solved.
    or make more than 35% of his fg's and 24% of his threes to justify the $10 million he is making this season

my dislike is purely basketball related as is all my discussion on this board. I do not nor will I ever know these players on a personal level. I don't pay for season tickets to care what they are like off the court. I only care about the performance on the court.

Quote Originally Posted by ReggiesUncle View Post
    or make more than 35% of his fg's and 24% of his threes to justify the $10 million he is making this season

my dislike is purely basketball related as is all my discussion on this board. I do not nor will I ever know these players on a personal level. I don't pay for season tickets to care what they are like off the court. I only care about the performance on the court.
    Ok then I will keep it on a basketball level. If Rush hadn't done a boneheaded move and gotten himself suspended for 5 games then Dun wouldn't be playing 40 minutes a night and therefore our defense would be better and maybe he could play with the second unit and help them out. I would love to see Dunleavy play along side PG. But no Rush had to smoke some weed and get himself into trouble. But lets overlook that since it does not affect what you are seeing on the court....oh wait...it does doesn't it?
    JOB is a silly man

22. The Following User Says Thank You to jhondog28 For This Useful Post:

Feed the big fella. Infinite MAN_force's Avatar

The fact of the matter is he can't hit the broadside of a barn right now. He has to start hitting shots at some point or he is just a useless player, he sure ain't out there for his defense.
    Last edited by Infinite MAN_force; 11-06-2010 at 05:11 PM.
    "As a bearded man, i was very disappointed in Love. I am gathering other bearded men to discuss the status of Kevin Love's beard. I am motioning that it must be shaved."

- ilive4sports

24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Infinite MAN_force For This Useful Post:

Rooting My Family 2 Glory CooperManning's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pacers4Life View Post
    He's just far too intelligent to not start for us. He understands how to keep the offense flowing. Have you ever watched Paul (or Danny) try and throw a pass into Roy? Sometimes its so god awful I can't believe it actuallly got through. I have full confidence in Mike that he will make the play that is best at the time... And as for his shooting right now... Its unbearable. But its just a slump. Have faith
    Really? What about the terrible, overthrown pass down the court in last night's game? Being an intelligent player is great if you can execute. Is Mike still capable of that?

Take a look at the FG% last two seasons compared to the two seasons before that:

If I "have faith" and Mike gets his shot back, does that mean he'll be shooting .410 again? That doesn't stack up very well with other starters at his position:

http://espn.go.com/nba/statistics/pl...hooting-guards

The light, not the lie. kester99's Avatar
    Mood

I voted 'backup' but I could see either Brandon or him starting for the time being, with the other as backup....at the same time keep working PG into more minutes as we go. BUT that Dunleavy jumper has to start falling. I don't know...maybe JOB should set a deadline in his own mind. 'If that shot doesn't come back by game X, then he's working himself out of the main rotation.'

Still, we have to think about Brandon's shot also. Is he going to stay consistent?

----------------------------------------

And that bad pass last night was spectacular, but it was Mike's ONE turnover.
    [~]) ... Cheers! Go Pacers!

Droppin' knowledge, yo. Mackey_Rose's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kester99 View Post
    I voted 'backup' but I could see either Brandon or him starting for the time being, with the other as backup....at the same time keep working PG into more minutes as we go. BUT that Dunleavy jumper has to start falling. I don't know...maybe JOB should set a deadline in his own mind. 'If that shot doesn't come back by game X, then he's working himself out of the main rotation.'

Still, we have to think about Brandon's shot also. Is he going to stay consistent?

----------------------------------------

And that bad pass last night was spectacular, but it was Mike's ONE turnover.
    Even if Brandon shoots as poorly as Dunleavy has, the fact that he is a more than competent defender makes Dunleavy obsolete.

28. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mackey_Rose For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

this is a great thread to summarize everyones thoughts on Dunleavy. ive been saying this forever and i think some of the PD members get it.. but some overlook this. Dunleavy is a small forward, its his natural postion and defensively he would not be as bad if we played him there. i get that he had a breakout season 2 years ago, but that was then and this is now.

when rush gets back i hope he becomes the starter a few games in, if not right away. we need to know what rush is about this season so that going forward we know which weaknesses are a top priority.

of course O'brien is the coach so what the h3ll happens from here is anyones guess.

* i chose dun as a b/u. frankly, i wouldnt mind resigning him IF healthy a full season to a REASONABLE salary to b/u Granger.. prefer him over posey. i also think dun would be very good in the second unit w/ Price, George, Hansbro.. and whatever center we can find this offseason not named solo to backup Hibbs.
    Last edited by PacersPride; 11-06-2010 at 02:22 PM.

30. The Following User Says Thank You to PacersPride For This Useful Post:

Dahntay Jones > Mike Dunleavy

32. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Shade For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by WhackoJacko View Post
    Yea I like making myself feel better aout my mistakes and shortcomings by recycling worn out jokes too.

And yes I like dunleavy and think his intelligence is vital, but he's not going to be on the team after this year and he can't hit jumpers or play d so he shouldn't get much time.

crazy shinaniganz BringJackBack's Avatar

I was going to put "I like Mike, but I think he should be the backup." Then I noticed, he has terrible percentages and his contributions are anything but vital. I used to like his game, but he won't even be here afte this year. We could give the minutes to George, Rush, and Lance, who all have a chance to be here in a couple years.

Call it selfish as Mike may be better than a couple of the players I just mentioned. But he's damaged goods and I'd rather see the supposedly less talented George and Rush play over him (they are better than him in my opinion though).