Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default 11/03/2010 Game Thread #4: Pacers Vs. Sixers

1 UP THE SIXERS!!!

VS.
    Game Time Start 7:00 p.m.
    Wells Fargo Center, Philadelphia, PA
    Local TV FSI
    Local Radio 93.1 FM

REMINDER: Per PD policy, please do not share a link to, describe how to search for, request a link to, or request a PM about streaming video of a NBA game that is not coming directly through the NBA. Not even in a "wink-wink, nudge-nudge, know-what-I-mean" round-about sort of way.

Starters

Projected Matchups
    CENTER

POWER FORWARD

SMALL FORWARD

SHOOTING GUARD

POINT GUARD

Season Records: (W-L)
    PACERS 2-1 (Road: 1-1)
    Philadelphia 0-4 (Home: 0-2)
    Season Series
    Pacers 1-0

The Pacers are coming off a few days of rest, while Philly lost in overtime last night against the Wizards. Indiana will be without Rush for 2 more games for his 5-game suspension for violating the NBA's drug policy. No injuries to report!!!

This season, the pacers are averaging 104ppg at 46% while holding their opponents to 103ppg at 46% shooting. Indiana is also averaging 40 rebounds per game while the opponent is averaging 42.

More stats found here: http://www.nba.com/pacers/stats/

Pacers Media Notes:
    http://www.nba.com/pacers/news/notes.pdf
    Last edited by pianoman; 11-03-2010 at 03:32 PM.
    Passion, Pride, Playoffs, Pacers

2. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to pianoman For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

Default Re: Round 2 Pacers Vs. Sixers

This will be another great game for the Pacers I believe. Can't wait to see it!!

Default Re: 11/03/2010 Game Thread #4: Pacers Vs. Sixers

finally a game. i almost forgot our season started.

speaking of the game sixers need this one badly so i think they will get it but it will be close.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by xtacy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    finally a game. i almost forgot our season started.

speaking of the game sixers need this one badly so i think they will get it but it will be close.
    Yes, the Sixers need this one pretty badly, but the Sixers just came off a OT loss to Washington last night. The pacers have had a few days off. This is going to make a difference in the game. I think the pacers will win this one by 20

Mood

That Wizards Sixers game was awesome. It was a hell of a game. Both of those two teams have a ton of good young talent. They are just really sloppy. Doug Collins has that Sixers team playing much better defense, but you can tell they are still trying to get his system down.

I think we will be able to take advantage of them down low. Brand is their center/PF and Hibbert matches up well against him. Brand is good out to 18 feet. He has lost some speed and he doesn't get off the floor as quickly as he used to. Hibbert's length will be difficult for him to deal with. I think I would put McRoberts and Hansborough on Hawes and Speights. Neither of those two will be able to take advantage of our youth.

On the perimeter Granger and Iguodala will match up. That will be a nice matchup. I wonder if Granger will play with a chip on his shoulder for getting less playing time during the summer. Dunleavy versus Kapono will be gross. Could be a matchup of the NBA's two worst defensive wings. Evan Turner looks lost out there still, so its probably a good thing that we are getting them twice this early. He won't be a difference maker his first year, but the earlier the better. We need a lot less from Paul George right now than Philadelphia needs from Turner. I think Paul George will look like the more effective player tonight.

I think much of this game will be decided by the bench. Louis Williams is a very good athlete and is a capable scorer. His defense is improving considerably under Collins so far, but its a small sample size. He still gets lost and doesn't see passing lanes well as a PG. He is a perfect bench guy. Collison and Ford will have their hands full. Jrue Holiday is a very good young player with a lot of athleticism, but is still working on his decision making and turnovers. We have an advantage IMO, but I think their back court usage with Holiday and Williams is their biggest opportunity for an advantage.

I think we will win this game. Philadelphia is not a great home atmosphere, especially when the team is 0-4 to start the year. I will be surprised if this game breaks 12,500 in attendance. JMO.

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pacergod2 For This Useful Post:

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by pacergod2 View Post
    That Wizards Sixers game was awesome. It was a hell of a game. Both of those two teams have a ton of good young talent. They are just really sloppy. Doug Collins has that Sixers team playing much better defense, but you can tell they are still trying to get his system down.

I think we will be able to take advantage of them down low. Brand is their center/PF and Hibbert matches up well against him. Brand is good out to 18 feet. He has lost some speed and he doesn't get off the floor as quickly as he used to. Hibbert's length will be difficult for him to deal with. I think I would put McRoberts and Hansborough on Hawes and Speights. Neither of those two will be able to take advantage of our youth.

On the perimeter Granger and Iguodala will match up. That will be a nice matchup. I wonder if Granger will play with a chip on his shoulder for getting less playing time during the summer. Dunleavy versus Kapono will be gross. Could be a matchup of the NBA's two worst defensive wings. Evan Turner looks lost out there still, so its probably a good thing that we are getting them twice this early. He won't be a difference maker his first year, but the earlier the better. We need a lot less from Paul George right now than Philadelphia needs from Turner. I think Paul George will look like the more effective player tonight.

I think much of this game will be decided by the bench. Louis Williams is a very good athlete and is a capable scorer. His defense is improving considerably under Collins so far, but its a small sample size. He still gets lost and doesn't see passing lanes well as a PG. He is a perfect bench guy. Collison and Ford will have their hands full. Jrue Holiday is a very good young player with a lot of athleticism, but is still working on his decision making and turnovers. We have an advantage IMO, but I think their back court usage with Holiday and Williams is their biggest opportunity for an advantage.

I think we will win this game. Philadelphia is not a great home atmosphere, especially when the team is 0-4 to start the year. I will be surprised if this game breaks 12,500 in attendance. JMO.
    iggy played really bad last night was kind of surprised. Brand played good lol and louis williams is a beast so far.

Any update on Ford who sat out practice yesterday. Sounded like he'd be ready, though.

Pacers need to push the ball big time, run these guy off the court after they played OT last night.

These are games you need to win, if you are serious about being serious.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Speed For This Useful Post:

Mood

This is the type of game you come out and slap the other team in the face by running a lot and pushing the tempo. Hopefully they quit mid-way through the third quarter if we can get a sizeable 15 point lead.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to pacergod2 For This Useful Post:

Mood

that game last night was epic i watched it all man wat a game.

Default Granger looks tired

Granger looked tired during warm ups. Don't expect him to have a good game.

Default Re: Granger looks tired

They need to re-think NBA officiating. It's too consistently ticky-tack, takes the fun out of the game.

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dr. Hibbert For This Useful Post:

So when Philly challenges a shot, it's good defense. When Indiana challenges a shot, it's a foul.

Of course the Pacers don't the the refs' helps sucking so far. They're doing a damn fine job all by themselves.

Could Indiana look more listless? I don't expect them to win every game; I do expect them to play like they actually want to be there though.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Hibbert View Post
    They need to re-think NBA officiating. It's too consistently ticky-tack, takes the fun out of the game.
    ya go back to pre 1994

Does anybody know where Boston Connection is? ...just wonderin'
    Thank you Jeff.

21. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to 31andonly For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by 31andonly View Post
    I was going to ask that to.

Not that pianoman did a bad job or anything ( thanks for stepping in, pianoman ), but BC creating the Game thread is a tradition around here. Just wondering if he's busy or something.....
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by 31andonly View Post
    In Boston?

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Although I'm expecting a win we need to continue to play as well as we have maybe even a little harder.

Philly is 0-4 and looking for a win so they're probably going to go out there and play really hard and also we beat them already so that'll motivate them more.

When I lived in NY I went to nearly every Pacers away game in Philly for the past few seasons and we won nearly every meeting. I think I was in attendance and our record there for a past 2 or 3 season was like 4-1.

Louis Williams, Elton Brand & Thaddeus Young are playing well but it will not be enough. It is hard to believe that we are only two point favorites.

Look for an extention of the "Pacers Kool-Aid" winning streak. Go Pacers!
    Last edited by indianapolismarkus; 11-03-2010 at 02:23 PM.

I think the key for the game will be to stop Williams. He's their offense right now.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Gotta jump on these guys early especially since they had a game last night against Wash. Hopefully they have tired legs (wishful thinking). They have to stop Louis Williams and can't let him go off like the previous game. These are the games the pacers have to win if they want to turn the corner.
    Give the ball to your best playmakers to win

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Smith View Post
    Gotta jump on these guys early especially since they had a game last night against Wash. Hopefully they have tired legs (wishful thinking). They have to stop Louis Williams and can't let him go off like the previous game. These are the games the pacers have to win if they want to turn the corner.
    Here is a VERY TELLING Stat on Louis Williams....who shouldn't even be considered the #1 scoring option on the Team, take a look at these #s:

2-2 ( Vs. Miami )
    12-13 ( Vs. Atlanta )
    2-3 ( Vs. Indy )
    15-17 ( Vs. Washington )

He's been able to get to the line ALOT in the last over the last 4 games. As to why Indy was able to keep him out of the paint is what will help us win tonight. But didn't Doug Collins keep him out of the 2nd half or limited his minutes against us in the last game?

If LouWill is able to get to the line this many times.....I can see Roy and McRoberts getting into foul trouble real quick.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Smith View Post
    I disagree about having to jump on them early. The faster the pace goes, the more the 76ers will wear down and we will be able to take advantage in the later stages of the game.

Of course it would be nice if we jumped on them early.

Quote Originally Posted by pianoman View Post
    incorrect logo

try this one

no biggy though

i appreciate the matchups you listed this is going to be a pacers win because the 76ers are so bad
    In 49 states it's just basketball, but this is Indiana!

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Swift View Post
    incorrect logo

try this one

no biggy though

i appreciate the matchups you listed this is going to be a pacers win because the 76ers are so bad
    Thanks! Unfortunately, I'm not as tech-savvy as most people are in their 20's, so I couldn't figure out where to find the new logo! I'm gonna try to do the game threads from now on unless BostonConnection comes back.

32. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pianoman For This Useful Post: