Thread: Experience with StubHub?

Default Experience with StubHub?

I was just wondering if anyone here has ever used StubHub and gotten a feel for when the most tickets generally become available. I'd like to go to Friday's game, but I'm also looking at a pair of lower level tickets for a couple weeks from now. I'm debating just buying those tickets now, but wanted to know if I should maybe hold out until Thursday or so and see if more tickets for Friday's game become available? It seems to me that some people might find out as the game draws closer that they can't go, but I've never used the site before. Hence, any input from someone who's used the site with some regularity would be appreciated.

Sports Logo

Default Re: Experience with StubHub?

My general experience with Stubhub has been very good. My guess is that with the Pacers tickets ( unfortunately not a "huge ticket draw" even in Indy ) that what you see now that is available now won't change until then. I found that most of the tickets on Stubhub ( at least with those with the Warriors games...where I go see games ) is from Season Ticket Holders. My guess is that if a Season Ticket Holder hasn't put up a ticket by now, they won't do it before Friday. There maybe a few that may put it up at the last second.....but the # will probably be really small.

I wouldn't try to hold out for something better if you already have something decent in hand.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to CableKC For This Useful Post:

Got the tickets for 11/18 vs LAC. 2 tickets in Section 6, Row 18 for $40 so I think I did alright. Thanks for the advice.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I've used StubHub twice and couldn't have been happier both times. For the season opener I bought 4 tickets in section 4 row 15 for $45/ticket...they're usually $130/ticket. Once the tickets get approved they usually ship overnight and you'll get them the next day. Plus they have their guarantee so you know you won't get ripped in the process. Personally, I don't think you can go wrong using the site. But, if you see some tickets for a good price down low I would jump on them immediately...but that's just me though.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Flibertygibits For This Useful Post:

Formerly QuickRelease NapTonius Monk's Avatar

Love StubHub. I usually use them when I'm going out of town, and want to attend a sporting event while I'm there.

Good to know they guarantee the tickets... I assumed they had something in place to prevent fraud.

Another question... the tickets I got are electronic where you print them out yourself. Is it possible to switch them to the regular kind? I know I could probably find out on Google but I'm about to head out and figured someone looking here might know. It's not a problem to print them or anything, just my girlfriend likes to get hers signed by Bird when she has the chance.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by smj887 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Good to know they guarantee the tickets... I assumed they had something in place to prevent fraud.

Another question... the tickets I got are electronic where you print them out yourself. Is it possible to switch them to the regular kind? I know I could probably find out on Google but I'm about to head out and figured someone looking here might know. It's not a problem to print them or anything, just my girlfriend likes to get hers signed by Bird when she has the chance.
    I would imagine you're boned with what you have, but I've been wrong a million times so far in life, so take that with a big grain of salt. The first time I used them I had some questions and called them. They were more than helpful to get my questions answered and it was another reason I want to use them for pretty much for any ticket in town. Wish I could help you out for sure on the question, but I'm curious to know if you can too!

Southern Indiana; not far from Louisville, KY

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Stubhub is AMAZING!!! It KILLS any tickets you'd buy on Ticketmaster. Oh the wonderful steals I've gotten on Stubhub in the past year or so (and all the $$$$$ I've saved by using Stubhub and not directly thru Ticketmaster)

I use StubHub all the time. I've never had a problem so far. Tickets have always been legit and priced customer friendly!

Mood

I have had a seller not confirm the order one time. I cannot remember the exact amount of time in which they have to do this, but in the end it cost me some money because they basically just canceled the order. I then had to turn around several days closer to the event and purchase tickets. I had to pay more for tickets similar to what I had bought in the first place.
    "No one else can see the preservation of the martyr in me" -- Corey Taylor

I've never used StubHub before, but have looked at the Pacers Ticket Exchange where you buy directly from season ticket holders and I believe you get e-mailed the tickets. I've sold tickets like that and I know that they take 10% of the sale price, but I am not sure whether the buyer incurs a fee. I imagine there is a "processing fee" but can't imagine that it would be too much worse than StubHub.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by HC View Post
    I have had a seller not confirm the order one time. I cannot remember the exact amount of time in which they have to do this, but in the end it cost me some money because they basically just canceled the order. I then had to turn around several days closer to the event and purchase tickets. I had to pay more for tickets similar to what I had bought in the first place.
    Are you sure it was StubHub? Because they have Buyer Protection. They would've refunded your money and gone after the seller.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Day-V View Post
    Are you sure it was StubHub? Because they have Buyer Protection. They would've refunded your money and gone after the seller.
    No, it was StubHub. I was in contact with their repressentative several times, who said he was placing calls to the seller. The time frame expired without a response, and they canceled the order (refunded my money.) They rep ensured me that this was a trustworthy seller with whom they had done much business with, but that they would reprimand him. Their reprimand must've been a slap on the wrist, because after the fact the same seats showed up listed at a higher price from the seller who had just not confirmed my order. And again, out of principle I would not buy from him, but I did have to pay a higher price for similar seats.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to HC For This Useful Post:

Not one problem with stubhub, I've never had to print "e-tickets" before they usually send them to me in advance. I've gotten great deals through these guys like $4 lions vikings tickets, $12 Colts tickets, etc etc. Best place to buy tickets IMO.

I get almost ALL my tickets from brokers and have always had good luck when using stubhub by my go to broker has and always will be Fanfare tickets. They are local and Renny has been around forever.

Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar

I think whether you get "real" tickets or e-tickets from StubHub depends on how they are delivered to StubHub. A lot of STHs send the tickets they know they can't use physically to StubHub, in that case you'll get "real" ones. Otherwise, and I think this will become the norm, you'll get an e-ticket.
    BillS

"Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

Mood

I suppose it would only be fair to mention that my aforementioned negative experience was only a one time occurence versus the 10+ positive experiences that I have had on StubHub.

Love StubHub.

They actually just gave me a discount today. I called because I bought tickets that needed to be downloaded and printed. They said I should receive the email within 24 hours with the information to download the tickets. It's been over 2 days, and I still hadn't gotten that email.

So I called just to ask what was going on, and they removed all service fee's for me having to go to the trouble of calling them. It was only a whopping $12, but it was a great gesture. They also said if the seller doesn't deliver the tickets, they will give me better tickets with the seller paying the difference for not holding up their end of the bargain. Maybe the only comparable tickets at that point will be in the 1st row. lol

I bought FOUR tickets in section 4, and row 20 for $60 total. For those who don't know the stadium, I'll be 20 rows behind the Pacers bench, for $15 a ticket. Absurd. It's against the Hawks on November 16. So my advice is to search games in the future if possible. I searched about 4 or 5 games before I found those tickets and couldn't pass them up.

Quote Originally Posted by xBulletproof View Post
    I bought FOUR tickets in section 4, and row 20 for $60 total. For those who don't know the stadium, I'll be 20 rows behind the Pacers bench, for $15 a ticket. Absurd. It's against the Hawks on November 16. So my advice is to search games in the future if possible. I searched about 4 or 5 games before I found those tickets and couldn't pass them up.
    Even closer than that, row 4 is the first row behind the bench!

Quote Originally Posted by AB1077 View Post
    Even closer than that, row 4 is the first row behind the bench!
    Haha, I was in row 15 for the opener. Never bothered to count it out ... just assumed it started at 1.

Even better!