Thread: Explain Area 55

Default Re: Explain Area 55

Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    16k would probly be top 10 and i doubt we get 10k ave
    no actually you would be surprised what 16,000 avg is

http://espn.go.com/nba/attendance/_/year/2010

the 2008 season attendance
    Last edited by Scot Pollard; 11-03-2010 at 04:32 PM.
    In 49 states it's just basketball, but this is Indiana!

How is everyone in that section, groups of friends or all randoms? I see you guys tailgate about how many usually do that? Is there a predominant age group there?

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Swift View Post
    no actually you would be surprised what 16,000 avg is

http://espn.go.com/nba/attendance/_/year/2010
    I cant speak for other arena's but that 14k they have us listed as is a joke. I went to 85%+ games last year and there was NOBODY there. The OKC game on a Sunday afternoon was a joke. It may have been listed as 14k, but I'd like to see the numbers at the gate aka how many got scanned. I'd guess 8,000 average not including the Lakers/Cavs games that were literally full of Kobe/Le***** fans.

About the Greenway/pacer4ever showdown... I'm going with Greenway, but it'd be a good fight. pacer4ever seems feisty and I'm sure he's quicker than Greenway, but in a brawl between amateur's I'll take size all day.

81-1

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by dgranger17 View Post
    I cant speak for other arena's but that 14k they have us listed as is a joke. I went to 85%+ games last year and there was NOBODY there. The OKC game on a Sunday afternoon was a joke. It may have been listed as 14k, but I'd like to see the numbers at the gate aka how many got scanned. I'd guess 8,000 average not including the Lakers/Cavs games that were literally full of Kobe/Le***** fans.

About the Greenway/pacer4ever showdown... I'm going with Greenway, but it'd be a good fight. pacer4ever seems feisty and I'm sure he's quicker than Greenway, but in a brawl between amateur's I'll take size all day.

81-1
    LOL

ya attence is the amount sold not the actually amount .sculpers end up stuck with a lot of them

Quote Originally Posted by dgranger17 View Post

81-1
    look at the 2008 season that really made me upset for this team and the city

all went well until that point where our attendance dropped from like 20th to 30th

we're coming around again. thats why i think we'll be 20th this season with about 16,000 people because we're young, fun to watch, and on our way to a successful season including myself in 2008

thats a season i wish to forget

thanks to city for paying conseco's opporating rights we were able to put all of the money problems behind us

the people of indy love this team and im sure they couldnt bare to watch there team struggle this bad so they wouldnt come

memphis and new orleans have always been low and should just relocate because its obvious no one cares about them in there cities like the people of indiana care about us
    Last edited by Scot Pollard; 11-03-2010 at 04:42 PM.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by tfarks View Post
    How is everyone in that section, groups of friends or all randoms? I see you guys tailgate about how many usually do that? Is there a predominant age group there?
    we know each other now most of us. I dont know about the tailgating i donk go im to busy with school and trying to get autographs.

we know each other now most of us. I dont know about the tailgating i donk go im to busy with school and trying to get autographs.
    so im sure your driving but did you get your tickets single or did you get with a family member?

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Swift View Post
    so im sure your driving but did you get your tickets single or did you get with a family member?
    my own we dont know each other personal but i know the people who sit around me like indyhoya

I called Brian told him I'm interested and I'd let him know for sure soon (I can't pay until next Friday). Thanks for answering my questions guys, barring any unforeseen circumstances I will be there shortly.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Helmet View Post
    You have to keep a good balance of things, I think. People can't stand the cheer the whole damn game. Are people penalized for going to the bathroom, too?
    I'm not sure of all of the rules, but I know you are allowed to sit during halftime....
    PSN: MRat731 XBL: MRat0731

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MagicRat For This Useful Post:

Indy's #1 Hockey Fan Peter_sixtyftsixin's Avatar

This is the way that I see it. Area 55, Squad 6 and what I will assume will be other fan sections to come following in this mold should be held to a higher standard when it comes to cheering.

I thought about trying out for this section, then determined that I really didn't want to be stuck standing and cheering the whole time.

Although, Area 55 reminds me a lot of Section 8 in Chicago. The Fire (the MLS team in Chicago (soccer)) has two whole sections of the stadium dedicated to just them. It's a rabid supporters section. The entire game they're cheering and singing. I've been a part of it before and it's wonderfully amazing.

Section 8 also has some rules.

You HAVE to cheer the entire time or you are kicked out of the area. There are plenty of other seats in the stadium. Section 8 is for those that want to cheer on the team the entire time.

When I heard of Area 55 starting, that's what I thought it was going to be. A really loud, passionate section of the stadium that acts as sort of the Fieldhouse's band leader. You start the cheer, we'll pick it up. From tip-off to final buzzer (minus breaks in the quarters) you're loud.

I went to the home opener and you guys were loud at some points, but I don't know, I guess I just really expected something else. That's not to say that those in the section are doing anything wrong, I just had a wonderful thought of what it was going to be and I've let myself down by assuming it would be that.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Peter_sixtyftsixin For This Useful Post:

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by MagicRat View Post
    I'm not sure of all of the rules, but I know you are allowed to sit during halftime....
    wait the leader took a break ??? im shocked j/k lol
    Last edited by pacer4ever; 11-03-2010 at 05:50 PM.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by greenway84 View Post
    pacers4ever has nothing to worry about. im a very peaceful, and normally calm person. this subject is just a hot button for me. you can read my posts, not too many blow ups if any. With that said being a 2 time state wrestling competitor and serving in the national gaurd says i might be alright. (yes i just puffed out my chest and grunted...haha) But seriously i liked talking with pacer4ever and never meant to single him out, but i was sick and tired of the situation, and pacers3ever got in my line of fire.
    oh ur cool i just didnt understand where u were coming from

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

All im saying is really simple. if you dont like to cheer and stand, then y buy tickets there? not saying you cant, but y would you?
    Because it's $555 for season tickets in club level, that's why.

Usually starting at like $75 a seat. If you only went to like 7 games then you've already got your money's worth.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to PacerFan31 For This Useful Post:

Mood

What's ironic is that was the first game and guess who's sitting right in front of me...you can barely see him, that's right its pacers4ever
    i know i said j/k but i sat because the little girl who was with u. I really dont care if u sit or stand lol i am just there to watch my pacers. It was halftime every1 sits and it was the pre season also.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

As someone who really wanted to be there, tried out, but didn't make the final cut, it disappoints me to hear that people were chosen ahead of me are not embracing what they won and not fulfilling Roy's wishes.

Having been fortunate enough to be given tickets to the New Orleans game in that section, complements of the Pacers, I was extremely disappointed to see the amount of people who either weren't cheering, or just being idiots and not paying much attention to the game.
    Last edited by Day-V; 11-04-2010 at 05:26 AM.

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Day-V For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by brkyrd View Post
    This is why responsible tailgating is the thing to do. Who's coming to tailgate friday?
    I'll try to make it there. When are you gonna be there? Same place as before? I'll pay ya for the brats I eat (prolly 5 or 6 - LOL) so buy some extras. I bring my own cerveza. (Burp!)

if they threw me out i would sue i paid $555 for them i dont get what his promblem is. The basetball is more important than cheering. I love my Xs and Os about basketball. Like at the game saturday at halftime people said we were not cheerling loud enghot. My response was our defense stunk in the first half we need to pick our defense up. Cheering isnt a top prioty watching good winning basketball is. thank you for the post sir.
    Look, this fingerpointing about "You don't cheer" but "I cheer" is kind of silly. Virtually everybody in A55 cheers. Some are louder than others. I'm 60 years old. I do my best to be loud. My voice is always shot for two days after a game. And pacer4ever does stand and cheer. He sits next to me. I'll vouch for him. And he isn't going to be thrown out. He's my stat man. There isn't a greater or more knowledgeable student of the game in A55 than him. I learn neat stuff from him every game. And ****, he's only 17 years old. He's also there every game, which is more than I can say for some in A55

Anyway, let's quit dumping on each other and bring it all to the Bucks game. This is important and this Roy-Bogut matchup is going to be really entertaining. We need a good chant to rankle Bogut....

Are we tailgating tonight...when and where?
    PTO meeting before every game, south-east lot, 6pm as a gereral rule. South of the Rail Road tracks, eastern most part of the lot. Hey President, with most of the games starting at 7pm we need to maybe change the time to 5pm.

5 sound good, some of you know where its at, off at 4 so wont get to check PD again, hope to see you all there!!!

Roy Hibbert via twitter: "Area55 show Bogut n his section 6 what we r made off. I have a favor to ask from you guys...You gotta make so much noise tonight."
    He's gonna laugh at Area55...we have nothing on Squad 6 besides fatheads.

I am not familair enough with INdy or Conseco for that matter to know where the southeast lot is. I always just park in the attached garage and take the croos walk in to conseco. could you direct me from that garage on delaware. alos someone mentioned the pto meeting might move too accomidate other tailgaters with a bus or something like that. any idea about that...not that i care, just asking. thanks in advance
    If you park in the attached garage that has the crosswalk then you're almost there. Just walk south under the rail road bridge and take a left. We're in the back on the left.

I'm not sure what's up with the crazy guys on the bus. I heard they may have got into an incident at the last game. If the pto meeting is moved then that should be up to the President.

Quote Originally Posted by Bender View Post
    He's gonna laugh at Area55...we have nothing on Squad 6 besides fatheads.
    Do you have any new fatheads? Maybe a "Kool-Aid Man", "Pink Backpack" or "Animal Crackers".

Area 55 seating arrangement needs to be retooled. It looks like the first two rows are for the paying public so the middle of the third and forth rows need to be for the hard-core 55ers that direct the chants. It's a shame that Pacero and Will are in section 102. They need to be next to "the secetary of chants", "SuperFan Greenway", "PTO President" and other hard-core 55ers. The fathead guys need to stand in back so they are not in the way.

Our first meeting with Roy is tonight after the game and these concerns need to be brought up. If we have a re-shuffling of the seating arrangement, Area 55 will be better for it. It's obvious who the fringe fans are and who is hard-core. Let's vote Pacero the "Chairman" and let him decide.

Area 55 where the "Chairman" will direct you to your seat. Go Pacers!
    Last edited by indianapolismarkus; 11-05-2010 at 03:32 PM.

28. The Following User Says Thank You to indianapolismarkus For This Useful Post:

THANKS...im riding with kielbeze so i should be ok now
    Kielbeze, his wife and I hung out after the last game. You're with good people.

Quote Originally Posted by indianapolismarkus View Post
    If you park in the attached garage that has the crosswalk then you're almost there. Just walk south under the rail road bridge and take a left. We're in the back on the left.

I'm not sure what's up with the crazy guys on the bus. I heard they may have got into an incident at the last game. If the pto meeting is moved then that should be up to the President.
    The "incident" was just a miscommunication between us and the owner of the property. Anyway, we won't be doing that too much more this season. It was kind of a 1 time deal thanks to the perfect timing of the home opener. I wish PTO the very best in the future

31. The Following User Says Thank You to dgranger17 For This Useful Post: